[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129285 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #2000 on: March 22, 2020, 11:55:38 AM »
I've read a ton of revolutionary era books.  An often mentioned event was how cities like Philadelphia would clear out of people every summer because of Yellow Fever outbreaks.
They'd go North or somewhere outside the city that was less populated.

Speaking of that, Vilas County in Wisconsin (home to vacation spots like Eagle River and Manitowish Waters), sent out an advisory for people who have second homes there: If your primary residence is someplace else, please stay there and not at your place in Vilas.  The medical facilities there are very limited, and a high number of their year-rounders are older.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:01:06 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2001 on: March 22, 2020, 02:40:36 PM »
How did senator Paul get a test when he has no symptoms and no known contacts that tested positive?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2002 on: March 22, 2020, 03:00:53 PM »
How did senator Paul get a test when he has no symptoms and no known contacts that tested positive?

What I read is due to extensive travel and event schedule.

He tested positive I’m sure you’re aware.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2003 on: March 22, 2020, 03:08:49 PM »

I’m going to guess all of Congress has been tested and some more than once.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2004 on: March 22, 2020, 03:16:58 PM »
What I read is due to extensive travel and event schedule.

He tested positive I’m sure you’re aware.

Do you think other Americans who have had extensive travel and event schedules but are NOT celebrities/athletes/congressmen would be tested like he was?

No. They wouldn't be.

We cry about mis-allocation of resources during a crisis and these unnatural carnal knowledgewads are perpetuating it.

Edit: oh. And he was the lone vote against making testing free
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 03:28:47 PM by jesmu84 »

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #2005 on: March 22, 2020, 03:29:58 PM »
"During the Senate GOP lunch today, Moran told colleagues that Rand was at the gym this morning, per two sources briefed on the lunch, and that he was swimming in the pool. Rand got his COVID-19 results back this morning."

What an outstanding example of Libertarianism. You're not the boss of me.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2006 on: March 22, 2020, 03:31:10 PM »
I believe the Utah Jazz got their tests from a private company. Maybe that’s the same for Congress.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2007 on: March 22, 2020, 03:32:22 PM »
Do you think other Americans who have had extensive travel and event schedules but are NOT celebrities/athletes/congressmen would be tested like he was?

No. They wouldn't be.

We cry about mis-allocation of resources during a crisis and these unnatural carnal knowledgewads are perpetuating it.

So where’s your anger towards all the NBA players who’ve been tested without symptoms?  Or celebrities? Or other politicians?

Or could you be cherry picking your outrage for reasons obvious.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2008 on: March 22, 2020, 03:34:42 PM »

No. They wouldn't be.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/03/20/san-gabriel-man-dies-not-tested-coronavirus/

You can't even get tested if you are almost on your deathbed, nor even after you die.

"The coroner’s office said it would not do an autopsy because Kaiser said Ramirez died of pneumonia, so Murillo is paying for an independent autopsy to find out if her husband died of the coronavirus."

This patient was sent home without anyone even reading his x-ray, simply someone would call him with the results.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2009 on: March 22, 2020, 03:37:05 PM »
"During the Senate GOP lunch today, Moran told colleagues that Rand was at the gym this morning, per two sources briefed on the lunch, and that he was swimming in the pool. Rand got his COVID-19 results back this morning."

What an outstanding example of Libertarianism. You're not the boss of me.

If this is true, he should have some medical license taken away and be kicked out of the Senate, and who knows if anyone would believe me, but this is regardless of party affiliation.  Beyond stupid, dangerous and life threatening to his colleagues who’s average age is what, 65??

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #2010 on: March 22, 2020, 03:41:57 PM »
So where’s your anger towards all the NBA players who’ve been tested without symptoms?  Or celebrities? Or other politicians?

Jacob Payne @cattleprod

" The worst part is that Rand *KNEW* he'd been directly exposed weeks ago at a Speed Museum event where multiple prominent people tested positive. It's been all over KY media for weeks. He refused to self-quarantine. cc @atrupar"

I'm chery picking my outrage against a--h----.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2011 on: March 22, 2020, 03:49:21 PM »

All of it is ridiculous. That is why the federal government should be setting the standards, with high penalties, for who gets tested.

No going and buying a test if you are rich. Save them, and use them, in the most effective and strategic manner.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2012 on: March 22, 2020, 03:50:40 PM »

Jacob Payne @cattleprod

" The worst part is that Rand *KNEW* he'd been directly exposed weeks ago at a Speed Museum event where multiple prominent people tested positive. It's been all over KY media for weeks. He refused to self-quarantine. cc @atrupar"

I'm chery picking my outrage against a--h----.

So this obviously extreme partisan tweeted it, so must be completely true, right? No one makes up anything on the internet to push their agenda, right?

And if it were true of “weeks ago”, that would be well beyond incubation period for this virus.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2013 on: March 22, 2020, 03:52:56 PM »
So this obviously extreme partisan tweeted it, so must be completely true, right? No one makes up anything on the internet to push their agenda, right?

And if it were true of “weeks ago”, that would be well beyond incubation period for this virus.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2020/03/15/louisville-coronavirus-cases-museum-speed-ball-guest-tests-positive/5054435002/

Two weeks ago, so within incubation period. Rand Paul was being reckless, and exposed his colleagues.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2014 on: March 22, 2020, 03:53:08 PM »
All of it is ridiculous. That is why the federal government should be setting the standards, with high penalties, for who gets tested.

No going and buying a test if you are rich. Save them, and use them, in the most effective and strategic manner.

I agree.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2015 on: March 22, 2020, 03:53:37 PM »

I mean, its literally in his post.  celebs and athletes.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2016 on: March 22, 2020, 03:54:34 PM »
Speaking of that, Vilas County in Wisconsin (home to vacation spots like Eagle River and Manitowish Waters), sent out an advisory for people who have second homes there: If your primary residence is someplace else, please stay there and not at your place up there.  The medical facilities there are very limited, and a high number of their year-rounders are older.

Many of the locals up in the Grand Marais/Boundary Waters region of MN are expressing the same sentiment. I don't think there has been any formal advisory or restriction on travel, but I read somewhere that locals have floated ideas like barricading US-61 North of Duluth. Last I checked, there was only one reported case in Duluth, and none further north.

Article from yesterdays MPLS Star-Tribune:

http://www.startribune.com/in-minnesota-s-small-tourist-towns-there-s-trepidation-over-visitors/568996922/

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2017 on: March 22, 2020, 04:00:18 PM »
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2020/03/15/louisville-coronavirus-cases-museum-speed-ball-guest-tests-positive/5054435002/

Two weeks ago, so within incubation period. Rand Paul was being reckless, and exposed his colleagues.

Ok, so original argument why was he tested at all, is kind of debunked. 

And while incubation period is 14 days, that’s furthest out. Most show symptoms in about 5-6 days, which Paul apparently had not. 

I am no Rand Paul fan whatsoever, but he tested positive. Is it too much to put aside politics during this for a change.  For many, I know the answer.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2018 on: March 22, 2020, 04:02:33 PM »

Dude.

Please reread my post.

Then I'll be accepting an apology as my post had nothing to do with politics.

Edit: here's me from a couple days ago:

Here's a question:

Why the unnatural carnal knowledge are tests being run on asymptomatic individuals who aren't high-risk or aren't in professions on the frontlines when we have a limited amount of tests right now?

My attitude doesn't change on the testing. ALL tests should be reserved for the priority patients. I don't care what race, religion, socioeconomic status, political affiliation.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:06:09 PM by jesmu84 »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2019 on: March 22, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »
I know we all keep hearing "reasonable rumors," but I heard from reasonable sources today that a nationwide 14-day shelter in place order is coming.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2020 on: March 22, 2020, 04:06:25 PM »
Dude.

Please reread my post.

Then I'll be accepting an apology as my post had nothing to do with politics.

Dude. What are you 14 y.o.?

Show me your post expressing your outrage for all the NBA players or any celebrity who’s been tested, many without symptoms.

Or was your first and only a sitting senator with an R next to his name.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2021 on: March 22, 2020, 04:06:49 PM »
I know we all keep hearing "reasonable rumors," but I heard from reasonable sources today that a nationwide 14-day shelter in place order is coming.
I unnatural carnal knowledgeing hope so.  Only two weeks too late.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2022 on: March 22, 2020, 04:07:03 PM »

But what does that really change/mean?

Who's going to enforce it?

Who's determining "essential"?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2023 on: March 22, 2020, 04:08:16 PM »

Show me your post expressing your outrage for all the NBA players or any celebrity who’s been tested, many without symptoms.

Whoops.

You seem to lack comprehension.

Go ahead and look at my post history. Nothing but destain for testing outside of priority patients.

You're a clownshow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2024 on: March 22, 2020, 04:09:06 PM »

You are the only one making it about party affiliation.  Everyone else is pointing out what an pretty boy he is for ignoring precautions and putting everyone else at risk when he is supposed to be a leader.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.