[May 10, 2024, 10:38:04 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Vander Blue Man Group
[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 194056 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2018, 02:29:51 PM »
Immediately after the Chartouny signing would have been opportune timing to announce pricing.

coulda used Canadian dollars too.

(Wasn't Heisy "Canadian Dimes" at one point?  Or was that Ners?  Or someone else trolly?)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #201 on: May 02, 2018, 02:29:54 PM »
Immediately after the Chartouny signing would have been opportune timing to announce pricing. 

Nah .. I'll wager 80+% of the season ticket base has no idea who Chartouny is nor why it was important.

.. What I would say is .. Right during the NIT games/Al Center madness, they should have made a push, announce prices and get deposits.

While true, there was a chunk of season ticket holders who didn't get seats to the sold out games, those who went got some post-season happiness .. winning those games was the most exciting thing that's happened in March for ~5 years. 

I believe those NIT games, reinforcing the privilege of having season tickets likely saved many 2018-19 renewals.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »
I wonder why Marquette's strategy is to wait as long as possible to announce the pricing changes? Let's rip the band-aid off here.

I think MU is still fine-tuning its pricing structure.  And part of it will depend on how many tickets are sold to the first two groups.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2018, 02:42:40 PM »
Pricing will be out around the week of May 21st.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2018, 04:01:04 PM »

You are assuming that the majority of STHs even know who he is.
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #205 on: May 02, 2018, 05:35:01 PM »
Pricing will be out around the week of May 21st.

Presumably along with time slots?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #206 on: May 02, 2018, 05:44:36 PM »
I would think. I just want to know as I can put the smack on those, we will be priced out crowd.  8-)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:01:38 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2018, 05:48:41 PM »

Deadline to increase priority points for reseating is May 31 so appointment times won't be given until June

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 02, 2018, 05:51:31 PM »
Nah .. I'll wager 80+% of the season ticket base has no idea who Chartouny is nor why it was important.

.. What I would say is .. Right during the NIT games/Al Center madness, they should have made a push, announce prices and get deposits.

While true, there was a chunk of season ticket holders who didn't get seats to the sold out games, those who went got some post-season happiness .. winning those games was the most exciting thing that's happened in March for ~5 years. 

I believe those NIT games, reinforcing the privilege of having season tickets likely saved many 2018-19 renewals.

This. I hadn't enjoyed a multi game set that much since Lexington.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #209 on: May 02, 2018, 06:12:21 PM »
I can imagine the pitch now:

"Are you enjoying these NIT games? Well, you better renew your season tickets to ensure priority seating for next season's NIT games!"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2018, 09:34:35 PM »
I can imagine the pitch now:

"Are you enjoying these NIT games? Well, you better renew your season tickets to ensure priority seating for next season's NIT games!"

Oh.  Um.  Hmm.  Well, damnit.  It sounded good for a few seconds.  #sadTrombone

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2018, 09:40:32 PM »
So, methinks the reason these OOC games are being leaked early Is to soften the price shock...

fjm

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2018, 06:44:22 AM »
I would think. I just want to know as I can put the smack on those, we will be priced out crowd.  8-)

I don't suspect anyone will be priced out.
My only concern (which did reduce a bit as some have stated here it's more of a 15% increase), is that many lower bowl people will move up. Which will be frustrating for the little new grad style guys like me. (Insert someone telling me to Nut up and get over it).

muguru

• All American
« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2018, 07:09:33 AM »
My only concern (which did reduce a bit as some have stated here it's more of a 15% increase), is that many lower bowl people will move up. Which will be frustrating for the little new grad style guys like me. (Insert someone telling me to Nut up and get over it).

Thjs exactly...this will be what happens. My only hope, is they stay downstairs because they just can't help themselves with the shiny new toy.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2018, 07:22:56 AM »
I wonder why Marquette's strategy is to wait as long as possible to announce the pricing changes? Let's rip the band-aid off here.

I'm telling you, it's because the unwashed masses pricing is pending the results of the deep pockets ticket buys.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2018, 07:52:28 AM »
So, methinks the reason these OOC games are being leaked early Is to soften the price shock...
If that was the case than Marquette would have put it out that they are hosting Kansas State on a Saturday. I think the shock most will have is that the prices will not be jacked-up.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2018, 10:25:14 AM »

If the increase is around 15%, I don't think that will be as much a problem as you suspect. I think most lower bowl folk are expecting a higher increase than that. If it's "only" 15%, I think most lower bowl folks will be happy to pay that to maintain or improve their seats.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2018, 10:26:52 AM »
Don't forget, the lower bowl in the new arena holds a much larger % of the seats than the Bradley Center.  Moving up to the upper level will be a larger step back here.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2018, 10:29:44 AM »
If that was the case than Marquette would have put it out that they are hosting Kansas State on a Saturday. I think the shock most will have is that the prices will not be jacked-up.

Schedules are never announced or leaked until after renewals.  MU is <smartlly> leaking these out to put positive hypes out there. 

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2018, 10:34:26 AM »
Schedules are never announced or leaked until after renewals.  MU is <smartlly> leaking these out to put positive hypes out there.

It's possible MU put these out there, but I can't remember any high major home and home being a surprise, not just for us but any program. Journalists like Rothstein are always looking to get that info out. The Buffalo and UMBC leaks both came from the other side. Again, possible MU gave the okay, but they did keep Vermont and Fresno State quiet in recent years, so I'm not so sure.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2018, 11:56:27 AM »
If the increase is around 15%, I don't think that will be as much a problem as you suspect. I think most lower bowl folk are expecting a higher increase than that. If it's "only" 15%, I think most lower bowl folks will be happy to pay that to maintain or improve their seats.

I don't see many, if at all, lowers bowl people moving to the upper bowl.

How many upper bowl folks are moving to the lower bowl? I plan on being one.
-Bill Walton

🏀

• All American
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2018, 12:01:41 PM »

I'm entertaining moving up for season one, mostly due to not being able to scope out seats.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2018, 12:04:04 PM »

I'm hoping to move to midcourt this year in the uppers.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2018, 12:24:59 PM »
I'm hoping to move to midcourt this year in the uppers.
Where were u at in the BC?
-Bill Walton

fjm

• All American
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2018, 03:58:34 PM »
Where were u at in the BC?

Coors light corner. Good times. Free beer every game. But I hate Coors light so I gave a lot of the free beers to people wandering the halls.