[Today at 12:54:39 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 08:47:10 PM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[May 13, 2024, 08:40:15 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JOEY TO MU!  (Read 68560 times)

WarriorHal

• All American
Re: JOEY TO MU!
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2017, 04:36:09 PM »
From Rivals.com

Everywhere four-star forward Joey Hauser went during the months of April or July, Steve Wojciechowski was right there with him. It paid off.

WOJO'S PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF
Joey Hauser
Power forward
4 STARS
Stevens Point
Stevens Point, WI
Ht: 6'8"
Wt: 210 lbs
Class: 2018
-
POSITION
NATIONAL
-
STATE
Commitment status:
VERBAL COMMIT
Marquette

When I spoke to Joey Hauser on Saturday, he admitted that he was real close to making a decision. I asked him if rumors that he could decide before playing in the Adidas event in Las Vegas this week and he would only commit to saying on record that he could decide in the next few weeks. Clearly he was ready to go as he committed to Marquette on Sunday night.

Yes, Hauser's brother is there and has been a solid player. But, it wasn't just family ties that got him to say yes. It had a lot to do with the effort of Steve Wojciechowski and the time he took prioritizing Hauser. Wherever Hauser and the Iowa Barnstormers were in April or July, you could count on Wojo being right there and you could usually count on him having an assistant or two with him.

Hauser should be a terrific fit in Milwaukee. He's a tough and skilled player who can give minutes at the small or power forward and he should arrive on campus ready to produce from day one.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »
To add to some Badger tears I present this tweet:

https://twitter.com/blak_adonis/status/889526937076600835

Coach Fish is the coach of George Conditt, a three star prospect who some were postulating as Bucky's backup in case they didn't get Hauser.

There were many Badger fans, including some who came here to post, who bragged about how Gard made Joey his only offer for the 2018 class. Honestly, that seemed like a dumb and desperate tactic based more on trying to guilt Joey into committing than impressing him. Seemed like a low reward, high risk tactic to me. Some of that risk might end up biting them in the rear.

EDIT: I also add this tweet convo:

https://twitter.com/george_conditt/status/889354653141532672

More evidence as to why fans shouldn't tweet at recruits.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:57:28 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2017, 04:51:41 PM »

Coach Fish is the coach of George Conditt, a three star prospect who some were postulating as Bucky's backup in case they didn't get Hauser.

There were many Badger fans, including some who came here to post, who bragged about how Gard made Joey his only offer for the 2018 class. Honestly, that seemed like a dumb and desperate tactic based more on trying to guilt Joey into committing than impressing him. Honestly seemed like a low reward, high risk tactic to me. Some of that risk might end up biting them in the rear.

I haven't enjoyed Twitter this much in a long time.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2017, 05:13:26 PM »

There were many Badger fans, including some who came here to post, who bragged about how Gard made Joey his only offer for the 2018 class. Honestly, that seemed like a dumb and desperate tactic based more on trying to guilt Joey into committing than impressing him. Seemed like a low reward, high risk tactic to me. Some of that risk might end up biting them in the rear.

So at least now I know why I couldn't set up my Twitter handle as @DaquanEatsA$$.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2017, 05:16:48 PM »
I haven't enjoyed Twitter this much in a long time.

+1

That's just brilliant stuff, thanks for sharing TAMU.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2017, 06:15:01 PM »
Advice on how to handle salty Bucky fans that won't stop screaming: "But muh Final Fourzzz and MARCH!!" at both Joey and MU fans?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2017, 06:18:58 PM »
Congrats you made Scoop Takes. You're now in the dumbass Scoop Hall of Fame!
I am sure cheesy considers it a badge of honor.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2017, 06:19:13 PM »
Advice on how to handle salty Bucky fans that won't stop screaming: "But muh Final Fourzzz and MARCH!!" at both Joey and MU fans?

Just remind them it's Bo Ryans fault because he was cheating instead of recruiting Sam.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2017, 06:25:21 PM »

Don't. Let them. And make sure other recruits see it.
TAMU

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2017, 06:33:52 PM »
Don't. Let them. And make sure other recruits see it.
Just hope Joey doesn't second guess himself with all this spewing. Could not hate Buzz Williams more right now for at least leaving us with something competitive.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2017, 06:34:31 PM »
So...this is the "guy" that badger fans bow down to because he correctly predicted herro to UW before anyone else, and correctly predicted a football player commit..Obviously he's not as much of an "insider" as they think he is, but I truly believe this is where all the "Joey to UW chatter originated from". he missed on this bad, and deserves to be called out for it..

Hahahaha please tell me what board this is from, I'm unnatural carnal knowledgeing dying.  He "misunderstood the teams"??  What the hell does that even mean?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2017, 06:39:23 PM »
What a beautiful day.  Ok now that the news is out let me clear the air.

1) Not recruiting Sam was one of the worst decisions made by UWBB in a long time.
2) Joey is a big football fan and wanting to go to a school that had a team was something on his wish list. In the end it was the only thing that he had to work around in coming to MU.
3) That is why ND popped up in the end.  To be honest, if I had to bet that if it was not MU it was going to be ND.
3.1).  ND sucks
4) I have no idea why Evan flood had  the thought he had.  It was just the opposite of what I saw and that is that if it was  UW, MSU and MU it would be MU
5) MSU no because of distance (Driving) and overload of players.
6) UW no because of not great feelings about staff/administration.  JH liked most of the players, but it was not the "Families" first choice, but Joey was encourage to make his own choice.
7) Everyone knows that Sam was a big part, but don't underestimate how much Markus was too.   The 3 are really close.
8) Yes QG is still a target and they are now have another strong point to share with him on why MU would be a great choice.
9) Said it before, will say it again.  Theo is a bad man on the court. That was a sentiment shared by JFB, so it is not just my impression.
10) Have heard a lot in the last 24 hours about Herro.  He was convinced JH was coming to UW with him and now frustration there is no plan b or c.  The all in strategy with JH was a poor one, especially in light of the significant obstacles that were in the way for a successful recruitment.

I have to get this in too.  Wojo has developed a very good sense of where they stand with recruits.  He knew Joey was close so Wojo put the full court press on "pun intended" to close the deal.  So when it comes to QG he is not wasting his time, unless he feels that there is still an opening.  Landing Joey was big on itself, but it was step one of a 1-2 punch.  QG was told the plan and now delivering on the plan can only help.  I still don't think we are in a strong position, but we are in a better one and I think we should at least get a visit now.

That is the next hurdle for Wojo is getting a 5 start that does not have any "special" connection to MU. 

Stan seems really excited about  one "big time" recruit for 2019.  No name, just that he is really excited about it. 

Finally if anyone knows who stated that Joey had given a "soft" commit to UW please call them on it.  That was total BS.

Over and Out....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2017, 06:48:58 PM »
Huge get boys. It didn't look good at one point. Still kind of bitter sweet though since UW has Herro. He took apart the NY2LA Summer Jam field this weekend and continues his push towards greatest Wisconsin high school player ever.
Herro has a long way to go to eclipse Mickey Crowe....

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »
I actually have a lot of NBA sources and they say they would never touch Herro.

They usually note that he just doesn't have what it takes to be a winner. All around poor skills. No clutch gene.

1 scout even said to me "is basketball really his sport of choice?".

You're as bad as Herro's daddy.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2017, 07:02:40 PM »
Just remind them it's Bo Ryans fault because he was cheating instead of recruiting Sam.

Actually, that's not true...what i have learned from the badger boards in the last day or so is that UW COULDN'T offer Sam, because they needed a PG in that class, and that was communicated with Sam, and that he understood. I'm serious, that's what many are claiming... ::)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TrueWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2017, 07:24:53 PM »

Stan seems really excited about  one "big time" recruit for 2019.  No name, just that he is really excited about it. 

Regarding the 2019 class. Ideally, I'm hoping the two high school teammates from Texas are a package deal of sorts. One fills the need at PG and I think Wilson is very talented as well. I know Stan is lead recruiter for both.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2017, 07:26:05 PM »
Actually, that's not true...what i have learned from the badger boards in the last day or so is that UW COULDN'T offer Sam, because they needed a PG in that class, and that was communicated with Sam, and that he understood. I'm serious, that's what many are claiming... ::)

My understanding is Bo asked Sam to wait until Spring to commit because he may have had another scholarship to give then (which he did, when Riley Dearring transferred).  I guess Sam wasn't interested in waiting to see if he could be someone's second fiddle.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2017, 07:28:27 PM »
My understanding is Bo asked Sam to wait until Spring to commit because he may have had another scholarship to give then (which he did, when Riley Dearring transferred).  I guess Sam wasn't interested in waiting to see if he could be someone's second fiddle.

Love the new pic Mom
TAMU

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2017, 07:30:25 PM »
Exactly.  A Badger writer writing from a Badger perspective.  A very homerish media in Madison to boot.
And that's what took so long for the stories that sunk Bo to surface and ultimately cost them the Hausers
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2017, 07:30:30 PM »
Just hope Joey doesn't second guess himself with all this spewing. Could not hate Buzz Williams more right now for at least leaving us with something competitive.
What is hard to believe is that this is only the 3rd most obvious troll job in the thread. 

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2017, 07:36:56 PM »
Marquette has always had the best basketball talent over the football conscious rodents during the past 50 years.  That's why we love Marquette basketball so much.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2017, 07:38:57 PM »
What is hard to believe is that this is only the 3rd most obvious troll job in the thread.

Bingo.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #247 on: July 24, 2017, 08:11:27 PM »
So far the funniest thing I have seen from Badger twitter is one dude liked his own tweet. Thats a low moment.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2017, 08:17:15 PM »

So at least now I know why I couldn't set up my Twitter handle as @DaquanEatsA$$.

Lol. You win.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #249 on: July 24, 2017, 08:45:50 PM »
Got sucked into daqaun's twitter and eating a$$ might be more enjoyable

feedback