'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 5/15/24  (Read 8607964 times)

MuMark

• All American

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 7/15/19
« Reply #19926 on: September 03, 2019, 07:01:12 PM »
Marquette or Stanford will be the choice

Hope you're onto something. If he's looking for just education, then Stanford wins. But if hes looking for a basketball program with a better trajectory, then I'd feel pretty good
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #19927 on: September 03, 2019, 07:30:37 PM »
From Rivals

Dawson Garcia is far away from a commitment. He has remained hush about his college recruitment and is fairly wide open to newer schools getting involved. He did just take an unofficial visit to Minnesota over the weekend and, last year, visited Baylor, Marquette and Texas officially. A school list is still difficult to create but don’t be surprised if the blue bloods become involved as the winter wanes on once they begin to miss on their top options.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #19928 on: September 03, 2019, 08:23:21 PM »
It will be Marquette.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19929 on: September 03, 2019, 08:24:20 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19930 on: September 03, 2019, 08:47:37 PM »
Marquette or Stanford will be the choice

Let's hope he values basketball over academics...only mean that sort of tongue in cheek
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19931 on: September 04, 2019, 10:13:14 AM »
It will be Marquette.

Is this in regards to Dawson or Osa? Or both?

I kind of like "It will be Marquette" as the new "done deal."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19932 on: September 04, 2019, 10:15:18 AM »
Is this in regards to Dawson or Osa? Or both?

I kind of like "It will be Marquette" as the new "done deal."

I don't ... because the old donedeal ended up not being done.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19933 on: September 04, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »
I don't ... because the old donedeal ended up not being done.

Fair. But the original question still stands: which prospect was this statement in reference to?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19934 on: September 04, 2019, 10:24:09 AM »
Fair. But the original question still stands: which prospect was this statement in reference to?

I was assuming Osa, but yes, I'd like to know too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #19935 on: September 04, 2019, 10:58:38 AM »
I'd assume he meant Osa.

Dawson is a wildcard at this point.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #19936 on: September 04, 2019, 11:05:50 AM »
Hope it’s Osa.  Seems more realistic.  Need some good news soon. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19937 on: September 04, 2019, 11:28:28 AM »

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #19938 on: September 04, 2019, 12:06:53 PM »
From 247
With Garcia, the schools you hear the most are North Carolina, Marquette and Indiana, though Minnesota did get an unofficial visit, and then Memphis and Kansas also get some buzz. However, could Garcia be waiting on Kentucky or Duke to push in this recruitment, time will tell.

Look for visits to begin being set by Garcia in the coming weeks. If this is a fall decision, it will be right around signing day, but the spring is also a very real possibility.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19939 on: September 04, 2019, 01:46:33 PM »
From 247
With Garcia, the schools you hear the most are North Carolina, Marquette and Indiana, though Minnesota did get an unofficial visit, and then Memphis and Kansas also get some buzz. However, could Garcia be waiting on Kentucky or Duke to push in this recruitment, time will tell.

Look for visits to begin being set by Garcia in the coming weeks. If this is a fall decision, it will be right around signing day, but the spring is also a very real possibility.

Glad we are still in on him. He's been sort of an enigma, so at least nice to have our name and his mentioned recently.

MuMark

• All American

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #19941 on: September 05, 2019, 12:51:59 PM »
Evan Daniels, 247 Sports, regarding Osa Ighodaro:

Thinks a decision could arrive within the next 48 hours. Says he believes it is between Marquette, Stanford, and Texas. Says he does not know which one. Says Ighodaro is 72 in the composite rankings and 57 in the top 247, impressive prospect and used July to shoot up the rankings.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19942 on: September 05, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »

Thinks a decision could arrive within the next 48 hours. Says he believes it is between Marquette, Stanford, and Texas. Says he does not know which one. Says Ighodaro is 72 in the composite rankings and 57 in the top 247, impressive prospect and used July to shoot up the rankings.

Don't love that this is not a sure thing. Hopefully we start hearing positive buzz in the next 24 hours.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #19943 on: September 05, 2019, 01:13:38 PM »

Naming 3 of the 4 finalists?  What great insight!  So all Evan knows is that Vanderbilt is out.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #19944 on: September 05, 2019, 01:37:22 PM »
Naming 3 of the 4 finalists?  What great insight!  So all Evan knows is that Vanderbilt is out.

He believes that Vandy is out.  Typical CYA fake insider BS.  There's nothing wrong with not reporting anything when their's nothing to report.  Just say that a decision could (another CYA move) arrive in the next 48.  No need to dress it up, state the facts.

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #19945 on: September 05, 2019, 02:58:33 PM »

Getting Osa or losing Osa will make or break this class and Wojo's career at Marquette. 

If we get him we'll have two stud forwards that have the pedigree to be 3-4 year Big East starters that also have distinct skill-sets so they can comfortably both play together at the 3 & 4.  Tie these two forwards with our two uber athletic, high-ceiling freshman guards and we're on our way.

Get Osa and everything we add to the class from here on is gravy.  Further recruits feed off the perceived momentum of a great class and once we have two top 100 players in the fold expect us to add another top 100 player or two to this class (would love for us to get one of the two stud guards coming for visits and the Toronto center who is thinking about reclassifying so we have a true 5 in the class). 

If we lose Osa then other recruits will also take notice and ask themselves why so many other players keep passing on Marquette.  Meanwhile all the negative recruiting that is commonplace will start to echo louder and louder in the remaining recruits ears as other coaches and fans will point out Marquette's late season decline, the Hauser transfers and Wojo's overall lack of success in March thus far.

If we lose him and this class doesn't materialize to expectations then we'll just continue to be a NCAA bubble team and eventually Wojo will be forced out and/or leave on his own.  If we get him then we'll be on the verge of a special class and a roster that can do great things together in the coming years.   

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19946 on: September 05, 2019, 03:09:48 PM »
Getting Osa or losing Osa will make or break this class and Wojo's career at Marquette. 

If we get him we'll have two stud forwards that have the pedigree to be 3-4 year Big East starters that also have distinct skill-sets so they can comfortably both play together at the 3 & 4.  Tie these two forwards with our two uber athletic, high-ceiling freshman guards and we're on our way.

Get Osa and everything we add to the class from here on is gravy.  Further recruits feed off the perceived momentum of a great class and once we have two top 100 players in the fold expect us to add another top 100 player or two to this class (would love for us to get one of the two stud guards coming for visits and the Toronto center who is thinking about reclassifying so we have a true 5 in the class). 

If we lose Osa then other recruits will also take notice and ask themselves why so many other players keep passing on Marquette. Meanwhile all the negative recruiting that is commonplace will start to echo louder and louder in the remaining recruits ears as other coaches and fans will point out Marquette's late season decline, the Hauser transfers and Wojo's overall lack of success in March thus far.

If we lose him and this class doesn't materialize to expectations then we'll just continue to be a NCAA bubble team and eventually Wojo will be forced out and/or leave on his own.  If we get him then we'll be on the verge of a special class and a roster that can do great things together in the coming years.

Literally no recruit is going to ask themselves that.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #19947 on: September 05, 2019, 03:16:19 PM »

Dude, your tin foil hat is on way to tight.  I would like to see him commit to MU as much as the next guy, but let's take a look at the events of the last and next 12 months first. 

MU in the top 10
Losing streak to close the season with an embarrassing display in the tourney
Hausergate
Potential commitment of one (1) top 100 recruit
The entire 2019-2020 season and postseason.

Now which one of those is most and least likely to make or break Wojo's career. 

Per 247, we've already had 15 different offers "pass" on us.  I don't think one more will be the straw that breaks the camels back for every other highly rated recruit that Wojo pursues.
https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Season/2020-Basketball/Offers/

TheTulsaWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #19948 on: September 05, 2019, 03:18:12 PM »
I don't buy duanewade hypothesis.  Osa would be an outstanding addition but no recruit is "make or break."  There's a clear need and playing time for frontcourt talent in this recruiting cycle.  Someone will answer the bell either through a traditional path or via a transfer.  R-E-L-A-X ;-)

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #19949 on: September 05, 2019, 03:33:04 PM »
I’m not concerned about Osa specifically making or breaking this class.  I am concerned, as we all should be, that this class won’t be the home run Wojo needs to keep the upward trajectory of the program going.  I’m still optimistic though and Osa would be a very good addition to Lewis to start this class.