[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Now the fun with Lebron starts, and the epic hypocrisy by fans. Delicious  (Read 17060 times)

Stringer Bellenson

• Walk-On

I just don't think you can plug Melo in anywhere with good players. He's a great score and very good rebounder for a SF, but I don't know how he will fit with guys like Lebron or Derrick or Kobe who also need the ball to be successful. Is Melo willing to give it up for the sake of the team or only pass when he can't get a shot off on his own?

Yeah, your concerns (as well as the others) are valid.  That's why I referenced the US team and Cuse, it's at least a possibility under the right circumstances that Melo can play well with others and win.

I also am coming at it from the view of a Bulls fan who saw D Rose getting swarmed by Lebron and Wade everytime he crossed half-court because they knew damn well Keith Bogans wasn't gonna hit an open 3 or that Kyle Korver wasn't gonna create his own shot.  At this point, I think Rose and Melo can help each others' causes by taking pressure off each other.  If you recall, Rose was more of a facilitator at Memphis (and at Simeon), and pretty much only dominated the ball on the Bulls because the rest of his team was severely offensively challenged. 

Pretty much just wishful thinking at this point, as I'll believe it when I see it as to either Melo or Love ending up on the Bulls.

Galway Eagle

• All American
While I see what some here are saying regarding Melo being overrated, especially in light of his tenure on the disfunctional Knicks, I think there are some other things to consider. 

The 2 instances Melo had had good coaches and teammates he's been a champion. At Cuse and the US team.  He's been arguably the best international player from the US over the past decade, and if he isn't 1A, he's 1B to Lebron. With the exception of Lebron, Coach K said Carmelo was the most versatile player he's coached (high praise).  Give him competent teammates and a good coach who actually has a plan (the Bulls) and I think we would see the more efficient and focused Melo that wins.  Besides, the Bulls need a volume scorer, not a defensive stopper.  I'll take Melo chucking up shots over Dj Augustin, Nate Robinson, or Captain Kirk chucking up shots any day of the week. 

If people prefer Love, so be it.  I'd take him too; but unlike Love, Melo has dragged some pretty inept teams to the playoffs, both in the east and west all by himself. Love has not.  People are bringing up Duncan and Lebron as comparisons...Lebron has 0 titles without Wade and Bosh. Duncan has never played without some combo of the Admiral, Tony Parker, and Manu and has had maybe the best coach in the game this whole time.  While I understand Melo is perhaps to blame for his predicament of being surrounded with useless teammates by forcing trades and taking a max deal, who is the best player Melo has had as a teammate?  Kenyon Martin?  The gimp version of Amare Stoudemire?  If I'm Melo, better me to be the "ball stopper" than jr smith or whatever other stiffs the Knicks got.

Lebron isn't coming to the bulls, Melo probably won't either, but if he does I sure as hell won't be complaining.  I think he and the Bulls compliment each other well, and Thibs can mask his deficiencies on the defensive end (it's already been reported that Thibs says he can make it work).  It's been proven the bulls won't win as constructed, and adding Aaron Afflalo sure isn't gonna change that.

In all fairness it's been ages and ages since we had the opportunity at full strength to show that we can or can't win.  And the last time we were at full strength we made the Eastern finals as the one seed, and followed that with another one seed before our franchise player went down.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

amen426

• Starter

Actually, Kobe and DWade are the only 2 guys I can think of in recent years who have basically led a team to a championship with little help.

Kobe had Pau Gasol and Wade had a washed up O'neal

If you're listing Kobe and Wade, you need to list Dirk in 2011.

However, I can't believe you just said Pau was only "little help". In the three seasons prior to Pau's arrival in LA, Kobe won zero playoff series. After trading for him, they made the finals three straight Finals, and won two of them. Kobe had significant help.

No star player wins an NBA title w/o significant help.

wadesworld

• All American
Wait are you saying please not melo or Kevin love or not melo and yes Kevin love?

Anyways I don't want Lebron because those championships would be forever associated purely with him not the team or franchise.  Plus I take pride in having one of the least floppy teams.  Also I want the Lebron era to end and make way for a new age whether that's rose, durant, Irving, wall or whomever. 

Sorry but any team with Carlos Boozer on it is immediately out of the conversation (if there is one) for "least floppy team."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
I have a great deal of distaste for that guy. One of a handful of guys I know a lot about whom I really don't like. And I've never been anything but honest and forthright about how I feel.

You? Not so much. Claim to think Crean is a douche while writing thousands of posts defending him on every level, personal and professional. You've carried enough water for him to fill Lake Michigan - normal people don't do that for people they think is a douche. Period.

Lenny your obsession with disagreeing with Chicos just to disagree is pretty friggin weird. I've given Chicos plenty if crap for a number of things on here, I find some of his posting tendencies to be odd and obnoxious, but man, you sound like the 7th grade boy whose best friend stole his girlfriend and now absolutely anything he says you have to make fun of to everybody else in the class. It is truly weird.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
In all fairness it's been ages and ages since we had the opportunity at full strength to show that we can or can't win.  And the last time we were at full strength we made the Eastern finals as the one seed, and followed that with another one seed before our franchise player went down.  

Good thing Rose opted to not play in the Playoffs in order to get his muscle memory back. He would've been at a higher risk to reinjure that knee had he not done that. Oh wait...

Will Derrick Rose ever play a basketball game again?

brandx

If you're listing Kobe and Wade, you need to list Dirk in 2011.

However, I can't believe you just said Pau was only "little help". In the three seasons prior to Pau's arrival in LA, Kobe won zero playoff series. After trading for him, they made the finals three straight Finals, and won two of them. Kobe had significant help.

No star player wins an NBA title w/o significant help.

You're right - I forgot Dirk.

I didn't mean that Pau was "little help" - but he certainly is not an elite player or future HOFer.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Lenny your obsession with disagreeing with Chicos just to disagree is pretty friggin weird. I've given Chicos plenty if crap for a number of things on here, I find some of his posting tendencies to be odd and obnoxious, but man, you sound like the 7th grade boy whose best friend stole his girlfriend and now absolutely anything he says you have to make fun of to everybody else in the class. It is truly weird.

Wades - I actually agree with  Chico on more than you would think. But his whole look at me persona, hyperbole, dishonest style, etc., bugs me a great deal, so when we lock horns I (and he) sometimes go overboard. Sorry if that bothers you. Want to call me obsessed, weird, a jilted 7th grader, fine, I guess. But if it bothers you that much you could put me on ignore.

🏀

• All American
Boozer will be amnestied, no doubt.

Rose is probably not going to be a franchise player ever again, it's just not likely given the injuries. Quite frankly, he was never the complete player that is needed to be a franchise player. LeBron absolutely shut him down in the playoffs when he wanted to and Rose had zero rebuttal it. The issue for GarPax if Rose isn't that player it's his contract, 30%ish of the cap space hurts big time.

Galway Eagle

• All American
Sorry but any team with Carlos Boozer on it is immediately out of the conversation (if there is one) for "least floppy team."

I did not say the least floppy team.  But yes of course there is one saying that it's impossible to have a least floppy team is a stupid statement.  All it'd take is someone crunching numbers after watching every game the entire year.  But in any case I still maintain the Bulls are one of the least floppy teams.  

Good thing Rose opted to not play in the Playoffs in order to get his muscle memory back. He would've been at a higher risk to reinjure that knee had he not done that. Oh wait...

Will Derrick Rose ever play a basketball game again?

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be insulting to me or what but it wasn't.  I'm pissed Rose didn't step up.  It's insulting to the team and his talent.  The point is though that he still didn't play and so you can't say that the Bulls have been at full strength in the playoffs for the past 3 seasons.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
Boozer will be amnestied, no doubt.

Rose is probably not going to be a franchise player ever again, it's just not likely given the injuries. Quite frankly, he was never the complete player that is needed to be a franchise player. LeBron absolutely shut him down in the playoffs when he wanted to and Rose had zero rebuttal it. The issue for GarPax if Rose isn't that player it's his contract, 30%ish of the cap space hurts big time.

If we can get Westbrook or even John Wall play from him and through another star on there he'll still be worth big money.  Not nearly as much as he's paid currently but still good money.  I think we shot ourselves in the foot by anointing him as our hometown hero and what not. We're too invested now to let go. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
If we can get Westbrook or even John Wall play from him and through another star on there he'll still be worth big money.  Not nearly as much as he's paid currently but still good money.  I think we shot ourselves in the foot by anointing him as our hometown hero and what not. We're too invested now to let go. 

Even if you get a Westbrook caliber, it's bad, bad money. $20 million cap hit for three seasons limits what GarPax can really do. Derrick isn't interested in restructuring and just don't think the Bulls are either since involves extra years.

DegenerateDish

• All American
The Bulls do NOT want to amnesty Boozer. I know people are assuming that is automatic, but it will only happen as a last resort, if they absolutely must do it.

🏀

• All American
The Bulls do NOT want to amnesty Boozer. I know people are assuming that is automatic, but it will only happen as a last resort, if they absolutely must do it.

Gross.

reinko

• All American
I hope whoever the Bucks end up getting can be a franchise changer. Would imagine if Jabari is there at 2, Jazz will try to make an offer to the Bucks to move up and swap picks plus Burke/future pick(s).

Exum. Exum. Exum. Exum.

Go for the home run, you are the Bucks.  Go to war with Giannis (who is apparently almost 6'11 now!), and still what 19 years old, Exum, who is 18, Henson, trade Sanders for .50 on the dollar, get some shooters.

LloydMooresLegs

As a Bulls fan, all I can say is look to the Dennis Rodman example.  Fans HATED on him when he was Detroit, and then he became "Our Guy" and a "lunch-bucket" hero.  

Has happened here before, and in every other city too (see also, Bob Probert for another, albeit shorter lived (gulp), example of the Detroit to Chicago model).  And it will happen again.

Not sure that it is delicious, but it always amuses me.  

LeBron isn't coming to Chicago, but if he did, he would become an instant object of worship (as he would be again in Cleveland, where the hate was much more real-in Chicago the "hate" was more limited to knuckleheads).

real chili 83

• All American

And the only reason I "get it" from Cleveland fans is the way he did it.  Of course the reaction was way over the top, but the entire "Decision" thing was dumb, and I think (hope) that he learned from that.  He should have told the Cavs what his decision was, made an announcement and moved on.

There has only been two times that I can think of where a true superstar left a professional team I am a fan of...Paul Molitor and Brett Favre.  Molitor exited with class and I was happy when he won the World Series with the Jays.  Favre was an ass about it, and reveled in his failure in Minnesota.

Of course there are always going to be elements of "hate" no matter how classy the departure his handled.  But if you handle it well, the haters just end up looking bitter.

I know this is off topic, but why do you call Favre's time at Mn a "failure"?  He had them in the NFC championship, and would have put the Vikes in the SB, except for the fact that the Saints intentionally injured him.

GGGG

• All American
I know this is off topic, but why do you call Favre's time at Mn a "failure"?  He had them in the NFC championship, and would have put the Vikes in the SB, except for the fact that the Saints intentionally injured him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoJ_K4Mlt4w

The greatest moment of schadenfreude in my lifetime.  Given that just over a year later Rodgers was Super Bowl MVP made it all the more sweeter.

GGGG

• All American
In all fairness it's been ages and ages since we had the opportunity at full strength to show that we can or can't win.  And the last time we were at full strength we made the Eastern finals as the one seed, and followed that with another one seed before our franchise player went down. 

That's because the Bulls have a hell of a coach.  One of the best in the NBA.  But they simply don't have the players.  They are clearly in NBA hell right now...they either have to get a lot worse, or a lot better.

real chili 83

• All American

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoJ_K4Mlt4w

The greatest moment of schadenfreude in my lifetime.  Given that just over a year later Rodgers was Super Bowl MVP made it all the more sweeter.

That's a funny video!

Since I am off topic anyways, how many Packer fans does it take to change a light bulb?

Three.  One to change the bulb, and two to talk about how good the old one was.

Galway Eagle

• All American

That's because the Bulls have a hell of a coach.  One of the best in the NBA.  But they simply don't have the players.  They are clearly in NBA hell right now...they either have to get a lot worse, or a lot better.

They have one of the best PGs in the league, he just doesn't play, and they have one of the best centers in the league.  They have two of the players needed
Maigh Eo for Sam

reinko

• All American
They have one of the best PGs in the league, he just doesn't play, and they have one of the best centers in the league.  They have two of the players needed

Honest question,  is Derrick Rose,  right now,  a top 10 PG?  Those in front him IMHO,  in no order.  Kyrie ,  Steph  Curry,  Chris Paul,  Rondo,  Westbrook.

Next tier: Lillard,  Wall,  Bledsoe,  Rose,  Parker

🏀

• All American
Honest question,  is Derrick Rose,  right now,  a top 10 PG?  Those in front him IMHO,  in no order.  Kyrie ,  Steph  Curry,  Chris Paul,  Rondo,  Westbrook.

You can't even call Rose a top whatever. Let's see what is left in those knees first.

When he came back for those 10 games, he was definitely behind that first tier of point guards.

wadesworld

• All American

You really think Tony Parker is a second tier point guard in the NBA? I don't think there is a better point guard in the NBA at all. CP3 is the only one who is even close.

GGGG

• All American

Rose has a lot to prove before you can seriously call him "one of the best in the league."  And Noah being one of the best centers in the league says a lot more about the sorry state of the center position than it does about Noah.

You need two-and-a-half stars to win an NBA title.  Right now you probably have one or one and a half with Rose and Noah.