collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2018-19  (Read 127999 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2018-19
« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2018, 10:24:45 PM »
Bears down.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #301 on: September 09, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »
Bad start for Nagy

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2018, 10:25:56 PM »
GOAT!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #303 on: September 09, 2018, 10:29:32 PM »
I'm so giddy right now.
Me too.

God damn I love Bear fan and Packer haters. Congrats you won the first half!
Now STFU.

“This game will set the Bears back 100 years.”
         —CC
Even the old lady was stunned!

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #304 on: September 09, 2018, 10:30:28 PM »
How ‘bout dem Boiz?

Always a great day when they lose.  Smug owner, smug team riding on glory from 20+ years ago.

Looks like a bad year for the Cardinals.   :'(
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #305 on: September 09, 2018, 10:30:50 PM »
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #306 on: September 09, 2018, 10:31:28 PM »
Tom Brady

Patriots fans would totally argue tooth and nail it’s Joe Montana!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #307 on: September 09, 2018, 10:31:33 PM »
No idea why Rodgers is going to come back in.  Too much risk for a serious injury, and this game is out of hand already.

No idea?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #308 on: September 09, 2018, 10:32:02 PM »
Kudos to the Pack, felt like a Bears blowout, especially without Rodgers.

I walk away from this with all kinds of Nagy/Trubisky questions. That was a really really bad plan/execution in the second half. You can only script that first series, lack of adjustments and some bad throws/decisions...ehh.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #309 on: September 09, 2018, 10:38:19 PM »
As a person who doesn't care whether the Packers or Bears win or lose, that was one entertaining second half of football.

Rodgers, obviously, was the story. (Thanks, Capt. Obvious.)

Still, despite his heroics, the Bears win if Fuller intercepts that pass that hits him right in the hands. You have a chance to put away Rodgers -- as easy a chance as you'll ever get against him -- you HAVE to make the play.

Matthews almost gave it back with a totally unnecessary hit. I thought it was a legit call. The ball was gone well before the hit, Matthews had plenty of time to stop his own momentum, and he even got Trubisky up around the head/neck. I'd have called it for sure.

But Matthews was picked up by his teammates, while Fuller wasn't picked up by his.

I wonder how many non-Pack or non-Bear fans watched that second half. I mean, it was a long day of football already, and then it's 17-0 at HT with Rodgers seemingly gone not just for the game but for several weeks. Methinks that a lot of people missed one hell of a story.

Wow. That was fun.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #310 on: September 09, 2018, 10:39:28 PM »
Kudos to the Pack, felt like a Bears blowout, especially without Rodgers.

I walk away from this with all kinds of Nagy/Trubisky questions. That was a really really bad plan/execution in the second half. You can only script that first series, lack of adjustments and some bad throws/decisions...ehh.

They were doing great going outside with Cohen, and playing the game on the edges.  GB doesn't have the LB's to combat that. 

They changed the game plan and struggled tremendously. 

The injury to Rodgers forced him to get the ball out fast.  He's been holding it too long and missing underneath options; this forced him to adjust for the better.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #311 on: September 09, 2018, 10:48:59 PM »
No idea why Rodgers is going to come back in.  Too much risk for a serious injury, and this game is out of hand already.

Whoops
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #312 on: September 09, 2018, 10:49:26 PM »
I’m failing to remember who to credit this to, but in ‘16 when Rodgers played with a bad hammy, he had to stay in the pocket more and I think ended up leading the league in TD’s. As odd as it is to say, he was way more dangerous after he got hurt. The hurry up helped offset the Bears pass rush, and he was just a surgeon in the second half. Still insist he’s the best ever I’ve seen at QB. Even against the Bears, just a treat to watch that dude.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #313 on: September 09, 2018, 11:00:56 PM »
Whoops

That's why I'm not coaching.

Well that and a million other reasons.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #314 on: September 09, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »
I was always a big Marino guy, but it's impossible to deny the handful of truly exceptional QBs ever to grace the game: Brady, Montana, Rodgers, Manning, Elway, Favre, a couple others. Special players.

25+ years with Favre and Rodgers as their QBs ... Packer fans are (as Burt Reynolds would say) lucky sumbitches!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #315 on: September 09, 2018, 11:17:44 PM »
The amount of ways the Bears gave this game away was truly impressive.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #316 on: September 09, 2018, 11:21:16 PM »
I'm not surprised that everybody is talking about how the superstar hurt his left knee and then came back to help his team win.

Nice job, Luke Kuechly!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #317 on: September 09, 2018, 11:33:32 PM »
The amount of ways the Bears gave this game away was truly impressive.

I know it’s overreaction week, but I have real concerns about Nagy. Knock on him was his playcalling...great script to open games/lack of adjustments. I thought he got throughly outcoached, especially in the second half.

Either that, or he doesn’t trust Trubisky, which would obviously be a gigantic problem.

I get that it was his first game, but up 20-0 with 9 to play in the third against a division opponent with an injured QB? You have to win that game, period.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2018, 11:43:24 PM »
I know it’s overreaction week, but I have real concerns about Nagy. Knock on him was his playcalling...great script to open games/lack of adjustments. I thought he got throughly outcoached, especially in the second half.

Either that, or he doesn’t trust Trubisky, which would obviously be a gigantic problem.

I get that it was his first game, but up 20-0 with 9 to play in the third against a division opponent with an injured QB? You have to win that game, period.

No doubt. But even with the questions regarding the play calling the lack of execution was an issue.

There were a lot of ways the Bears could have walked out with a win.

How they respond next week will say a lot.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2018, 11:46:39 PM »
No doubt. But even with the questions regarding the play calling the lack of execution was an issue.

There were a lot of ways the Bears could have walked out with a win.

How they respond next week will say a lot.

Agreed, I think we’ll learn what this team is based on how they respond next week. I didn’t expect them to be a playoff team this year, but really interested to see their response Monday night.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #320 on: September 10, 2018, 12:02:35 AM »

I think he is being overly careful with him.  They briefly opened the game up for him and he did really well with it.  Stick with it. 

The defense is going to give him lots of chances to win.  But the keys need to be fully handed over to him and let him win or lose it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #321 on: September 10, 2018, 01:25:59 AM »
Me too.

God damn I love Bear fan and Packer haters. Congrats you won the first half!
Now STFU.

“This game will set the Bears back 100 years.”
         —CC
Even the old lady was stunned!

God forbid I was excited to see my team playing well for the first time in 8 years...Just relax and enjoy your win, I didn't say anything that remotely resembled an attack.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #322 on: September 10, 2018, 07:35:47 AM »

Funny you say that-my sons and I do a group text throughout the games.  We were calling for the firing of McCarthy and pettine, “F” bombs a flyin, checking channel guide for something to give me amnesia and then...bip bam pow zowie kaboom-dun-dun, dada dundun, go pack go! Slept like a baby and woke up with a full diaper ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #323 on: September 10, 2018, 08:37:26 AM »
It was another one for the ages.  So very many in the last twenty years.  From Favre's heavily taped ankle to Cobb on the 4th down last play TD to Jordy down the middle on a last gasp to last night's one legged miracle.

The Bears are a much improved team and clearly threw the kitchen sink in those first 15.  The Packers looked asleep and Bulaga had a ton of rust.  And Mac asking for a Kizer screen on 3rd and a mile?  SMH.

But in the second half, the best player in football earned every penny of the biggest contract in history.  Game on.  Season on.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #324 on: September 10, 2018, 09:10:27 AM »
Oh, one more thing.........