[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129266 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #3400 on: April 07, 2020, 12:06:24 AM »
So now he’s a murderer and a moron who only got a little of what he deserves.

No, he is not a murderer, but his inaction and denial caused people to die.

Yes, he is a moron.

You didn’t answer my question, though. What do you think of a guy who showed no concern over giving the virus to his pregnant girlfriend?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3401 on: April 07, 2020, 12:11:33 AM »
No, two different things.  Had it coming implies that he deserved it and that Mike desire for it to happen.

Desire and intent are important.  As a lawyer.

Potato, potahto.

When this threads sticks to the virus it’s informative. Brings out the best in some very bright people.

When it devolves into politics, it turns ugly and hateful. Brings out the worst in all of us.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3402 on: April 07, 2020, 12:24:24 AM »
No, he is not a murderer, but his inaction and denial caused people to die.

Yes, he is a moron.

You didn’t answer my question, though. What do you think of a guy who showed no concern over giving the virus to his pregnant girlfriend?

It’s not a fair question as you don’t know your accusation to be true.

Here’s a question for you. What do You think of a guy who is so full of hatred he can’t see straight? Who leads with his biases and gerrymanders the facts to fit them?

I’ll leave this thread now. The political hijacking is just so over the top it’s disgusting.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3403 on: April 07, 2020, 04:46:56 AM »

Here’s a question for you. What do You think of a guy who is so full of hatred he can’t see straight? Who leads with his biases and gerrymanders the facts to fit them?

I’ll leave this thread now. The political hijacking is just so over the top it’s disgusting.

You realize you’re stoking the fires right?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3404 on: April 07, 2020, 05:35:51 AM »
In my opinion this article shows the benefit of better testing and contact tracing.  It can be what saves rural counties. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/06/where-clusters-highest-density-coronavirus-cases-deaths-are-located

Mass taking action on contact tracing

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491269-health-experts-call-for-roosevelt-style-programs-to-kill-virus-revive
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:45:01 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3405 on: April 07, 2020, 07:19:15 AM »
In my opinion this article shows the benefit of better testing and contact tracing.  It can be what saves rural counties. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/06/where-clusters-highest-density-coronavirus-cases-deaths-are-located

Mass taking action on contact tracing

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491269-health-experts-call-for-roosevelt-style-programs-to-kill-virus-revive
Good stuff Frenns.

And appreciate your ability to stick to the topic.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3406 on: April 07, 2020, 07:35:50 AM »
The way we get through this is testing.  I've been saying it for months now.  You test people and find out who has it and who doesn't, and who has already had it.  Those who have it stay the eff home.  Those who don't have it, self quarantine.  Those who have had it and recovered can go the eff back to work.  We continue on this path until we have a vaccine or another treatment arises.

What if a bunch of people get it again and again?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #3407 on: April 07, 2020, 07:50:40 AM »
What if a bunch of people get it again and again?

So far we believe you become immune once you get it and survive. Unlike the flu this doesn't mutate nearly as much

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #3408 on: April 07, 2020, 07:55:35 AM »

That's a great phrase.  I'm going to steal it.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #3409 on: April 07, 2020, 08:33:02 AM »
Chatting with an army veteran about the anti malaria drug.  He said he was given it before shipping out to Afghanistan.   He, and many of his brethren experienced night terrors.   He said he would take his chances with the Covid rather than take that medicine again.

Side effects are a thing.

There are significant difference between chloroquine and hydroxycholorquine as it relates to side effects.  Both are anti-malarial drugs.  Hydroxy is virtually side-effect free, and there is evidence that it is helping stem the symptoms and reverse Corona effects.  Meds are written off-label all of the time.  The safety/efficacy profile of hydroxy is stellar.  There is virtually NO risk in taking it.

End of the day, if Trump didn't tout hydroxycholorquine as a potential game changer, EVERYONE would be hopeful that it can help. But because he did, many are actually HOPING that it doesn't help.  Illustrates how deep the disdain and hatred for Trump is among some.

There is hypocrisy from those ripping the President "He didn't act soon enough,"  to those same people making statements of "Issuing a travel ban from China is racist and xenophobic."  As for why we've had so many cases?  Duh.  Travel to the U.S. from around the globe exceeds that of any other country.  Of course we were going to be most impacted.

The politicizing of this tragedy is tragic and embarrassing.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3410 on: April 07, 2020, 08:37:28 AM »
There are significant difference between chloroquine and hydroxycholorquine as it relates to side effects.  Both are anti-malarial drugs.  Hydroxy is virtually side-effect free, and there is evidence that it is helping stem the symptoms and reverse Corona effects.  Meds are written off-label all of the time.  The safety/efficacy profile of hydroxy is stellar.  There is virtually NO risk in taking it.

End of the day, if Trump didn't tout hydroxycholorquine as a potential game changer, EVERYONE would be hopeful that it can help. But because he did, many are actually HOPING that it doesn't help.  Illustrates how deep the disdain and hatred for Trump is among some.

There is hypocrisy from those ripping the President "He didn't act soon enough,"  to those same people making statements of "Issuing a travel ban from China is racist and xenophobic."  As for why we've had so many cases?  Duh.  Travel to the U.S. from around the globe exceeds that of any other country.  Of course we were going to be most impacted.

The politicizing of this tragedy is tragic and embarrassing.

Can everyone keep their political opinions to somewhere else.  The second half of this post is case in point. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3411 on: April 07, 2020, 08:38:01 AM »
So far we believe you become immune once you get it and survive. Unlike the flu this doesn't mutate nearly as much

Look into South Korea.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3412 on: April 07, 2020, 08:38:47 AM »
I hope it works.   I think you are a little optimistic that there are 'no side effects'.   It would be wonderful if it were a panacea, but the data so far (not anecdotes) says it may help some people.   
I am confident that a consistent treatment regimen will be worked out and that an effective vaccine will be fast tracked.   

Be safe.   Trust the process.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #3413 on: April 07, 2020, 08:42:32 AM »

Yeah that's not happening. Everyone hopes somethng that simple works, but the evidence suggests it doesn't.

You are ignoring objective evidence. Yes, Trump did some good things and continues to do some good things, but his administration ignored this for too long despite being given warnings to the contrary.  Those delays were incredibly harmful.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3414 on: April 07, 2020, 08:43:04 AM »
Look into South Korea.

Do you have an article or study that points to reinfection?  I haven’t seen anything in that regard since Japan I’m the early days. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3415 on: April 07, 2020, 08:43:28 AM »

Who is we? Mfrs can’t even figure out if wearing a mask is wise.

There have been reports of people getting the virus a second time. Is it true? Is it rare? Don’t know. But to dismiss the possibility and not consider how we’d deal with that variable is foolish.

#LastDays

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3416 on: April 07, 2020, 08:44:24 AM »

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #3417 on: April 07, 2020, 08:46:19 AM »
I hope it works.   I think you are a little optimistic that there are 'no side effects'.   It would be wonderful if it were a panacea, but the data so far (not anecdotes) says it may help some people.   
I am confident that a consistent treatment regimen will be worked out and that an effective vaccine will be fast tracked.   

Be safe.   Trust Respect the process.
FIFY.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3418 on: April 07, 2020, 08:52:08 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8192015/amp/Fifty-one-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-South-Korea.html

Thanks.  This seemed similar to the Japan story.  Inconclusive but potentially worrisome. I hope there is a period of immunity with this.  Otherwise look out. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #3420 on: April 07, 2020, 08:56:01 AM »
Thanks.  This seemed similar to the Japan story.  Inconclusive but potentially worrisome. I hope there is a period of immunity with this.  Otherwise look out.

I just read something that "the reinfection" is not reinfection just testing error.
I'd have to re-find the article.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3421 on: April 07, 2020, 09:03:07 AM »
I just read something that "the reinfection" is not reinfection just testing error.
I'd have to re-find the article.

How about this?

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-13/china-japan-korea-coronavirus-reinfection-test-positive

Scientists in and outside China agree that reinfection is a highly unlikely explanation for the patients who retest positive. They say testing errors are more likely to blame — either false negatives that resulted in patients being discharged too early, or false positives when they retested and were taken back into hospital.

• All American
« Reply #3422 on: April 07, 2020, 09:07:31 AM »
If this is the MLB's best option, live sports in front of crowds are months away.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29004498/mlb-union-focused-plan-allow-season-start-early-arizona

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #3423 on: April 07, 2020, 09:08:31 AM »
Let me start by saying that I obviously don't wish sickness on him or anybody else, and I hope he can beat this and have a full recovery.

Having said that ...

He is a science denier who just a couple weeks ago was bragging about shaking hands with COVID-19 patients and vowing to continue to do so.

It simply underscores how dangerous these leaders can be -- to themselves and to others -- when they devalue science and downplay deadly illnesses.

He is not a science denier.  This is a smear that the left uses in the same way the right smears us as anti capitalist.  You can do better than this.

Johnson, the science denier, hailed by academics and industry for science funding he pushed for. That isn’t the mark of a man who denies science. https://www.ft.com/content/a9f55188-28d1-11ea-9305-4234e74b0ef3
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3424 on: April 07, 2020, 09:27:36 AM »
Potato, potahto.

When this threads sticks to the virus it’s informative. Brings out the best in some very bright people.

When it devolves into politics, it turns ugly and hateful. Brings out the worst in all of us.

Potato, apple.

But you can read into it how you'd like.

Also, we agree.

feedback