Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer transferring from I4  (Read 83209 times)

Archies Bat

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »
It would delay his eligibility, but it would still give him 3 full years of eligibility after he started, instead of 2.5 if he enrolls immediately and starts playing 2nd Semester next year.

I would think it unlikely any player would want to wait until the fall of 2015 to play to gain back 1/2 year of eligibility.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2014, 12:46:09 PM »

I don't think you can jump to that conclusion.  He may feel that his style of play fits better at a place like School A.  He may click more with the coach at School B.  He may not have to pay a semester at School C.

This is not Marquette's recruitment to lose.

All true and my comment may have been a bit strong, but to me homesick means "I want to be close to my home / family".  Schools A, B and C won't be closer than Marquette.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »
I don't have a good feeling about this because other than Trent, it seems very rare that we're able to get this type of impact transfer.  That said, Buzz needs to get Luke Fischer back home at Marquette!

Dan Fitzgerald?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2014, 12:58:19 PM »
Dan Fitzgerald?
And, Jamil Wilson.....

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2014, 01:01:13 PM »
I think Buzz is so worried about what combinations should be on the floor, that he is getting badly outcoached.
We don't really have much talent. Looks like Gardner isn't putting out 100%, Mayo is all "me", De. Wilson should have stuck to football, Don't what to say about Taylor. Was highly regarded what. Jury is out on Dawson. Team looks like Dukiet days.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »
All true and my comment may have been a bit strong, but to me homesick means "I want to be close to my home / family".  Schools A, B and C won't be closer than Marquette.

But as I have said, homesickness is more about where you are now than really wanting to be home.  He could go to Texas and not feel homesick if he is in the right environment...and he could come to Marquette and be more miserable than he was at IU.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2014, 01:09:58 PM »
I would think it unlikely any player would want to wait until the fall of 2015 to play to gain back 1/2 year of eligibility.
I agree, especially a player like Fischer who likely has aspirations to play professionally after college.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2014, 01:33:39 PM »

But as I have said, homesickness is more about where you are now than really wanting to be home.  He could go to Texas and not feel homesick if he is in the right environment...and he could come to Marquette and be more miserable than he was at IU.

All true...but how would he know that a different place far from home is "the right environment" to prevent him from getting homesick again?  If he wants the highest odds of not dealing with homesickness at school #2, he'll stay closer to home, not move further from it.

Obviously, MU or another school aren't his only choices, but they would certainly make the most sense given the homesickness explanation.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:35:25 PM by GooooMarquette »

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #208 on: January 02, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »
FWIW Mark Miller has a laundry list of schools that are interested in Fischer.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2014, 01:41:43 PM »

But as I have said, homesickness is more about where you are now than really wanting to be home.  He could go to Texas and not feel homesick if he is in the right environment...and he could come to Marquette and be more miserable than he was at IU.

I saw that, which is why I said "to me" homesick means...  In any case, homesickness is depression about being away from your family or home.  It is true that in a different situation, he may not have the same depression despite still being away from home.  Similarly, if you are hungry you can do other things besides eating that will make you less hungry, but the most direct way to address the issue is to eat.  

He is apparently homesick and likely realized that he is not going to get a lot of playing time at IU as long as Vonleh is around.  MU can address both of those issues pretty clearly.  If he had come out and said that he is looking for a certain style of play, type of coach, or tuition situation and we could not address those concerns that would be a different situation.  I'm sure he is considering many factors that only he knows, but when we do get a transfer there is typically a connection to the georgraphic area (Jamil, Trent, Fitzgerald) which is why you would expect us to have a pretty good shot here, especially with the B10 ruled out.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #210 on: January 02, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »
I am not sure that he does. Play 1/2 year next year and then two full years which is 2 1/2 years. I am not sure, but I think he could play the first semester of the year after that. However, most coaches do not want a player for only the fall semester. They rather have a new recruit for a full year.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2014, 02:05:32 PM »
I am not sure that he does. Play 1/2 year next year and then two full years which is 2 1/2 years. I am not sure, but I think he could play the first semester of the year after that. However, most coaches do not want a player for only the fall semester. They rather have a new recruit for a full year.

his eligibility is up after the 2 full years.  no fall season his 5th year.  that's why mid year transfers are dumb, you essentially give up a year.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »

There are no half-years eligibility-wise.  Even if he plays just 1 game during that season, it counts as a full year towards his eligibility.  He played this year, so that burns his first year of eligibility.  If he plays 2nd semester next year, that burns his second year, and he would only have 2 years remaining.

As mentioned above, he could theoretically sit out all next year and wait until Fall 2015 and have 3 full years left, but who knows if he wants to sit out that long.  There are also medical waivers like Otule, but that's a different situation.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2014, 02:40:44 PM »
FWIW Mark Miller has a laundry list of schools that are interested in Fischer.

And?  Did he share them?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #214 on: January 02, 2014, 02:49:26 PM »

.and he could come to Marquette and be more miserable than he was at IU.

Sure he could.........but it wouldn't be called homesickness.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #215 on: January 02, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »
And?  Did he share them?

Wisconsin, Marquette, Nebraska, Minnesota, Arizona, Florida, Butler, Creighton, Memphis, Miami, Drake, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Iowa, Colorado, Ill. State, Ball State, Wake Forest and others involved.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #216 on: January 02, 2014, 02:55:36 PM »
Sure he could.........but it wouldn't be called homesickness.

Well, since his family is no longer in the Milwaukee area, it most certainly could be.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2014, 03:13:54 PM »
Wisconsin, Marquette, Nebraska, Minnesota, Arizona, Florida, Butler, Creighton, Memphis, Miami, Drake, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Iowa, Colorado, Ill. State, Ball State, Wake Forest and others involved.

FTFY, Fischer eliminated all B1G schools.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »

I don't think you can jump to that conclusion.  He may feel that his style of play fits better at a place like School A.  He may click more with the coach at School B.  He may not have to pay a semester at School C.

This is not Marquette's recruitment to lose.
...or it could be  as simple as an inability to recruit quality bigs.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »

Well, since his family is no longer in the Milwaukee area, it most certainly could be.

Yeah, I am sure he is longing for Wisconsin Rapids and his new 'home' cuz his mom got a job there.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2014, 03:33:11 PM »
Jamil Wilson?

Haaa... good point.  Forgot about him transferring from Oregon.  Given how's he played this year, I'm not sure he's been the impact player we expected after last year.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #221 on: January 02, 2014, 03:33:52 PM »
Yeah, I am sure he is longing for Wisconsin Rapids and his new 'home' cuz his mom got a job there.

Well, his parents are there.  That is a pretty big part of "home."

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #222 on: January 02, 2014, 03:38:21 PM »
Dan Fitzgerald?

I definitely wouldn't define Fitz as an impact transfer.  He had his moments but not a PTP'er.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »

Two and a half hour drive from Milwaukee is more the Milwaukee "area" than any other hoops school.
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #224 on: January 02, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »

You underestimate the financial and emotional dependencies the millennial generation has on their parents.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.