[Today at 11:29:24 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 10:38:12 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:31:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by lawdog77
[Today at 07:08:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2024?  (Read 97334 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2023?
« Reply #1327 on: January 19, 2024, 02:10:01 PM »
Jim Yoshimora, Tom Fontana, etc…plenty of others too.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1328 on: January 20, 2024, 03:20:19 PM »
Billions of Windows. It was awesome. And Stephen Wiltshire is awesome.

https://youtu.be/TO0GokjEri8?si=af4RIc_ORqfQOPjB
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1329 on: January 21, 2024, 08:02:04 PM »
There is a new season of "Love on the Spectrum" on Netflix.

Hoping to get the entire season in before my Netflix cancellation kicks in.
Have some patience, FFS.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1330 on: January 21, 2024, 08:10:00 PM »

Far and away one of my most favorite shows

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1331 on: January 21, 2024, 09:18:03 PM »
True Detective 4-2.

A number of season 1 throwbacks.   Learned who Rust's mom is.   The spiral.   The lab funded by Tuttle.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1332 on: January 22, 2024, 09:59:13 AM »

We haven't finished it -- not even sure how many episodes there are -- but we watched several episodes this weekend. There are some really nice moments in this season.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1333 on: January 22, 2024, 03:54:51 PM »
We haven't finished it -- not even sure how many episodes there are -- but we watched several episodes this weekend. There are some really nice moments in this season.

Just finishing it up as I type this.  The sweetness in these relationships really gives me the feels.
Have some patience, FFS.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #1334 on: January 23, 2024, 10:48:03 AM »
I am similar to you as I haven’t always had HBO as often as others. I will get it for a time and watch something. Then I will not have it for a while.

“The Wire” is worth your time. It’s one of my favorite shows.

A guy named David Simon worked for the Baltimore Sun newspaper in the 80’s and 90’s. And he wrote or co-wrote a few books:

1) “Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets.”

2) “The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighborhood.”

The first book was made into the television series: “Homicide: Life on the Streets”

It is excellent and hard to find due to music copyright stuff. However there has been a new development and hope for future streaming of it.

The 2nd book was made into a miniseries called “The Corner.”

He also created, wrote, produced, “The Wire.” with others.

Didn’t ever get much attention to my knowledge, but Simon’s Show Me a Hero was a really interesting miniseries about the mayor of Yonkers dealing with race and housing in the late 80s. Oscar Isaac as the lead. Winona Ryder in it, too. Quality show, and it’s only about a half dozen episodes if memory serves.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1335 on: January 23, 2024, 12:16:07 PM »
Now that the season is over, I ended up watching the rest of Monarch. Back half got much more engaging. With the last couple and set up for S2 very solid.

As I stated when people were looking for a rec. The middle draaaaaaags. Mostly due to the 1950s storyline being absent which is the best part. And way too much focus on the present day 2015 family soap opera.

The timelines came together much better after that and the cliff hanger leaves a lot of fun optimism for a future season. Only downside is not sure how they can get Russell the younger and Holm into a S2 they were great.

Also hilarious the timeline. Kong Skull Island is 1973, Holm is last seen as a 40 year old in 1962 in this show. Meaning in 11 years he aged to be John Goodman. Its also hilarious if youve seen that movie knowing how random Goodmans death is in it and how prominent and awesome the character is in this show. IMO they shouldnt have made the movie canon just did their own version of it where he goes to Skull and lives.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1336 on: January 23, 2024, 08:27:51 PM »
Now that the season is over, I ended up watching the rest of Monarch. Back half got much more engaging. With the last couple and set up for S2 very solid.

As I stated when people were looking for a rec. The middle draaaaaaags. Mostly due to the 1950s storyline being absent which is the best part. And way too much focus on the present day 2015 family soap opera.

The timelines came together much better after that and the cliff hanger leaves a lot of fun optimism for a future season. Only downside is not sure how they can get Russell the younger and Holm into a S2 they were great.

Also hilarious the timeline. Kong Skull Island is 1973, Holm is last seen as a 40 year old in 1962 in this show. Meaning in 11 years he aged to be John Goodman. Its also hilarious if youve seen that movie knowing how random Goodmans death is in it and how prominent and awesome the character is in this show. IMO they shouldnt have made the movie canon just did their own version of it where he goes to Skull and lives.

I finished also.  They did find a way to weave and tie all the films together.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1337 on: January 24, 2024, 04:00:07 PM »
+2.  I watched the first season and a half of Succession and gave up.  I found it odd people enjoyed the same crap every episode.   

Oh noes, who is going to control the company?  It's sooooooo important.
I thought I was the only one
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1338 on: January 24, 2024, 04:35:40 PM »
New Iron Chef of Netflix is pretty great if you liked Iron Chef: America.  Alton Brown is good as always and Kristin Kish does a really nice job as well.  Leaves me pretty optimistic about her as the new host for Top Chef.

One of the first episodes has Curtis Duffy from Ever in Chicago (the restaurant Richie interns at in the Bear) and he’s just an absolute marvel to watch. 

The Chairman is also even more absurd than the first time around, if that’s even possible, but he’s perfect.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1339 on: January 24, 2024, 04:59:11 PM »
American Nightmare
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1340 on: January 25, 2024, 06:14:54 AM »
New Iron Chef of Netflix is pretty great if you liked Iron Chef: America.  Alton Brown is good as always and Kristin Kish does a really nice job as well.  Leaves me pretty optimistic about her as the new host for Top Chef.

One of the first episodes has Curtis Duffy from Ever in Chicago (the restaurant Richie interns at in the Bear) and he’s just an absolute marvel to watch. 

The Chairman is also even more absurd than the first time around, if that’s even possible, but he’s perfect.

The original Japanese version of Iron Chef is tv gold. One of my favorite shows back in the day. I like the newer versions and Alton Brown is great, but it lacks the charm of the original. I mean, who would you rather see as a judge, a know it all food critic or a fortune teller…who I guess is also a know it all

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1341 on: January 25, 2024, 12:32:02 PM »
The original Japanese version of Iron Chef is tv gold. One of my favorite shows back in the day. I like the newer versions and Alton Brown is great, but it lacks the charm of the original. I mean, who would you rather see as a judge, a know it all food critic or a fortune teller…who I guess is also a know it all

I don't disagree.  To be honest, despite being the "same" show, its honestly apples to oranges for me.  The original Iron Chef is almost like a variety/game show revolving around cooking.  Whereas the American version is a much slicker cooking show with a competition element, the new version even more so, its almost like a sports broadcast.

I love them both, but for different reasons.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1342 on: January 25, 2024, 08:13:19 PM »
Finally watched Everything Everywhere All at once.

That was.... Different

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1343 on: January 26, 2024, 06:19:12 PM »
I don't disagree.  To be honest, despite being the "same" show, its honestly apples to oranges for me.  The original Iron Chef is almost like a variety/game show revolving around cooking.  Whereas the American version is a much slicker cooking show with a competition element, the new version even more so, its almost like a sports broadcast.

I love them both, but for different reasons.

I totally agree. In fact, I almost wrote slicker and more like a sporting event when describing the newer/est versions. They are  all great.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1344 on: January 26, 2024, 09:31:52 PM »
I had never seen Blood Simple before by the Coen Brothers.  I believe it's their first film and Frances McDormand's first film. Uhhhhh....that is one messed up flick....but kind of in a good way.  There are some memorable scenes for lack of a better word.  It occurred to me that some of our great directors and screenwriters may in fact be completely insane. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1345 on: January 26, 2024, 10:38:38 PM »
We finally got to see Killers of the Flower Moon.

A must-see, really.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1346 on: January 27, 2024, 11:06:07 AM »
We finally got to see Killers of the Flower Moon.

A must-see, really.

Lol, nah that was easily the most boring movie Scorsese has made.  Was it visually striking and well acted?  Sure, but holy moly the story was a snooze fest.  Also, in no way did that need to be three hours long.

ymmv but I think if this film is made by a no name director it doesn't get a single Oscar nod outside of acting.

American Fiction, on the other hand, was amazing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1347 on: January 27, 2024, 06:41:57 PM »
Lol, nah that was easily the most boring movie Scorsese has made.  Was it visually striking and well acted?  Sure, but holy moly the story was a snooze fest.  Also, in no way did that need to be three hours long.

ymmv but I think if this film is made by a no name director it doesn't get a single Oscar nod outside of acting.

American Fiction, on the other hand, was amazing.

We waited until it came out on Apple+ and watched it over 3 nights. So we could get up, stretch, grab a bite, watch other stuff in between, etc, and I'd guess it made the slower moments less snooze-inducing for us.

I wouldn't have wanted to sit in a theater 4 hours for that or any other movie. And sure, a half-hour could have been edited out of it easily. That's the case with most long movies. The last episode of this season's Fargo could've been 10 minutes long!

We enjoyed the movie more than you did, obviously. I got a lot out of it.

Thanks for the tip on American Fiction. Will try to check it out.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #1348 on: January 27, 2024, 07:58:26 PM »
Went to see The Good The Bad and The Ugly in a real movie theater on a big screen. With a relatively young enthusiastic crowd. Damn! They just don't make them like that anymore.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1349 on: January 27, 2024, 08:31:01 PM »
We waited until it came out on Apple+ and watched it over 3 nights. So we could get up, stretch, grab a bite, watch other stuff in between, etc, and I'd guess it made the slower moments less snooze-inducing for us.

I wouldn't have wanted to sit in a theater 4 hours for that or any other movie. And sure, a half-hour could have been edited out of it easily. That's the case with most long movies. The last episode of this season's Fargo could've been 10 minutes long!

We enjoyed the movie more than you did, obviously. I got a lot out of it.

Thanks for the tip on American Fiction. Will try to check it out.

Kinda unrelated: I watched The Irishman across 6 viewings. I'm glad I did. 1 uninterrupted attempt would have resulted in a much more negative impression of the film.