collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318254 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1700 on: September 01, 2020, 10:18:16 AM »
As an aside .. a close MU '91 friend became a Jesuit and does a Facebook live mass every Sunday.   He puts on a great, one man show from his apartment.

If he keeps doing it, I don't think my wife will ever go back to church in person.

https://www.facebook.com/mcdsj

Father Jim was my Freshman year neighbor in McCormick. 
We called him Sagaman because he was our floor Saga dining hall rep on the dorm student government.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1701 on: September 04, 2020, 03:37:18 PM »
Highest case total record breaking today.

9 frats/sorors under a two week quarantine.

We're doing great.  /s

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #1702 on: September 04, 2020, 04:18:53 PM »

We're doing great.  /s

They had lab test reporting issues Monday through Wednesday so probably need to look at the 7 day average before saying we're doing grrrreat!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1703 on: September 04, 2020, 09:21:14 PM »

We're doing great.  /s

That is meaningless data. Use the numbers for the entire week to compare.

But I think there will be record breaking data in weeks to come. Most schools that have in class learning opened this week. So check out the numbers week after next for comparison.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1704 on: September 04, 2020, 11:25:19 PM »
That is meaningless data. Use the numbers for the entire week to compare.

But I think there will be record breaking data in weeks to come. Most schools that have in class learning opened this week. So check out the numbers week after next for comparison.

Yeah, its not meaningless, but read the trend.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1705 on: September 04, 2020, 11:42:50 PM »
Yeah, its not meaningless, but read the trend.

I was referring to this week only because of the mixups.

You are 100% correct about the overall trend.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1706 on: September 05, 2020, 11:07:31 AM »
If schools are testing everyone during the week or month I agree we will see big spikes but I think if schools are not testing we will not see big spikes cause many of the college students are asymptomatic and will not go out and get tested unless they are showing symptoms

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1707 on: September 09, 2020, 03:30:32 PM »
Is anyone following Milwaukee County's numbers, and can explain what's going on? They're showing really small numbers of positive tests this week. Like under 20/day. That can't be right, can it?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1708 on: September 09, 2020, 06:38:09 PM »
My county had its first Covid Death since July for a total of 6.

With over 1300 Covid cases, I wonder why their death rate is so low compared to other places.  From my observation, there seems to be plenty of comorbidity here.
Have some patience, FFS.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1709 on: September 09, 2020, 07:14:23 PM »
My county had its first Covid Death since July for a total of 6.

With over 1300 Covid cases, I wonder why their death rate is so low compared to other places.  From my observation, there seems to be plenty of comorbidity here.

Could some be dying in another county?  Do they tie back deaths to the county where they have been originally diagnosed?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1710 on: September 10, 2020, 10:16:44 AM »
456 new cases here in Dane County... A record.  Thanks students!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1711 on: September 10, 2020, 10:28:24 AM »
456 new cases here in Dane County... A record.  Thanks students!

My neighbor is a freshman at Madison. The mother said her daughter tested positive end of her first week up there. Now she's been moved to a special dorm where all positive individuals are being housed together. I'd imagine it's going to be getting crowded quick
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1712 on: September 10, 2020, 10:34:25 AM »
My neighbor is a freshman at Madison. The mother said her daughter tested positive end of her first week up there. Now she's been moved to a special dorm where all positive individuals are being housed together. I'd imagine it's going to be getting crowded quick

9 frats/sorors... and two freshman dorms.  Just the beginning.  They're freezing everything for two weeks.  And then I bet they send the kids home.

Football and Hockey are frozen two weeks now too.

Hope it was fun!

• All American
« Reply #1713 on: September 10, 2020, 10:38:57 AM »

Yep.  Isolation and quarantine space for those who are positive and close contacts. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1714 on: September 10, 2020, 11:27:12 AM »
9 frats/sorors... and two freshman dorms.  Just the beginning.  They're freezing everything for two weeks.  And then I bet they send the kids home.

Football and Hockey are frozen two weeks now too.

Hope it was fun!

Better off keeping the kids at school vs increasing the spread by disperseing them all out to the rest of the world.

Besides, madison is already a bubble (surrounded by reality), no better place to be.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1715 on: September 10, 2020, 11:42:51 AM »
Better off keeping the kids at school vs increasing the spread by disperseing them all out to the rest of the world.

Yup.  Our universities, bastions of wisdom, education, and rationality that they are, are about to provide a crash course on all of the exact worst ways to behave during a pandemic.  Bring everyone back, don't sufficiently price in or prepare for the risk, blame the 18-22 year olds for 100% predictable behavior and outcomes, and then disseminate the virus back to all corners.  Really a master class.

• All American
« Reply #1716 on: September 10, 2020, 11:42:58 AM »
The issue is going to be the isolation and quarantine space.  If you run out of that, you don't have a ton of options.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1717 on: September 10, 2020, 12:00:26 PM »
Yup.  Our universities, bastions of wisdom, education, and rationality that they are, are about to provide a crash course on all of the exact worst ways to behave during a pandemic.  Bring everyone back, don't sufficiently price in or prepare for the risk, blame the 18-22 year olds for 100% predictable behavior and outcomes, and then disseminate the virus back to all corners.  Really a master class.

People lost their shít over the bogus Sturgis report.  Hang tight, Willy, this is gonna get wild now.  Every campus will be a super spreader event.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1718 on: September 10, 2020, 12:04:38 PM »
People lost their shít over the bogus Sturgis report.  Hang tight, Willy, this is gonna get wild now.  Every campus will be a super spreader event.

In the past 6 months we hit the US death totals of the Vietnam War and WW1 combined. If we are to have an outside chance of surpassing the US dead totals of the Civil War this year everyone is going to have to do their part!

• All American
« Reply #1719 on: September 10, 2020, 12:10:41 PM »

Right.  I mean, what exactly are colleges and universities supposed to do?  You have to mitigate risk and try to operate as best as you can.  People act like going virtual is just a flip of a switch.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1720 on: September 10, 2020, 12:44:22 PM »

Right.  I mean, what exactly are colleges and universities supposed to do?  You have to mitigate risk and try to operate as best as you can.  People act like going virtual is just a flip of a switch.

Was this expected by the Ivory Tower dwellers? 

UW had to know this would happen, right?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1721 on: September 10, 2020, 01:04:14 PM »

Besides, madison is already a bubble (surrounded by reality), no better place to be.

That's exactly why they're keeping kids in place for two weeks.

It isn't bogus, mate.  It was statistically okay... but you know... people read headlines and not the article.

• All American
« Reply #1722 on: September 10, 2020, 01:23:04 PM »
Was this expected by the Ivory Tower dwellers? 

UW had to know this would happen, right?

I think everyone knew that college students would be college students.  However, and I say this anecdotally more than anything, but a lot of problems are being driven from a small percentage of students. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1723 on: September 10, 2020, 01:58:48 PM »

It isn't bogus, mate.  It was statistically okay... but you know... people read headlines and not the article.

I agree. But, even though methods were solid, it should be taken with some skepticism until it is peer reviewed.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1724 on: September 10, 2020, 02:40:28 PM »
I agree. But, even though methods were solid, it should be taken with some skepticism until it is peer reviewed.

Absolutely.  But the moment something as bombastic as that comes out the media and social media blow it up.  And then when it isn't a perfect it gets shredded and pushed aside as bogus.  It isn't as if the people who put it out aren't well respected biostatistitians.  But you know.  'Merica.

feedback