[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 314779 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1650 on: August 03, 2020, 11:17:32 AM »

Rural Wisconsin is certainly no Milwaukee or Madison.  In my county, the volunteer fire departments raise money by holding gun raffles.  A farmer a few miles from my house whose barn faces the state highway has about a dozen flags planted in front of it, evenly divided between Trump 2020 flags, American flags, and "Don't Tread on Me" flags.

My new neighbor (I moved in recently) was talking to me about a few things. I was having some fun, knew he was a fair bit more to the right then I was, but unlike some people, can deal with these things.

Into about beer number 5 he told me all about how Obama started COVID to take the country back over, and then him, hillary, and Joe would all be indited in the next week. Me being me, I let this conversation continue, and boooooooy did it get weird.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1651 on: August 03, 2020, 12:11:16 PM »
My new neighbor (I moved in recently) was talking to me about a few things. I was having some fun, knew he was a fair bit more to the right then I was, but unlike some people, can deal with these things.

Into about beer number 5 he told me all about how Obama started COVID to take the country back over, and then him, hillary, and Joe would all be indited in the next week. Me being me, I let this conversation continue, and boooooooy did it get weird.

My favorite new Facebook post:

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1652 on: August 03, 2020, 01:30:42 PM »

It's amazing the things people will say matter-of-factly.

Lefties have been called out for saying trump will try to cancel election or just not leave if he loses, but those are things trump said out loud.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1653 on: August 03, 2020, 04:54:21 PM »
The leaks about our plot leave much to be desired. I am going to have to speak to someone in security--we can't have every Wisconsin yokel know of our nefarious schemes.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1654 on: August 03, 2020, 05:16:52 PM »
Sounds like when Willie was convinced that martial law was going to be declared at a Walmart in Texas.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1655 on: August 03, 2020, 05:25:50 PM »
Sounds like when Willie was convinced that martial law was going to be declared at a Walmart in Texas.

Not an AutoZone in Wisconsin?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1656 on: August 06, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »
Advocate Aurora, facing shortage of supplies, will close most testing sites, stop testing some patients for COVID-19 before surgery

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/2020/08/06/wisconsin-covid-19-testing-aurora-stop-testing-most-sites/3308154001/

Finally, a promise that trump kept!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1657 on: August 13, 2020, 07:06:15 AM »
Two weeks into the mask mandate, and crickets from opponents.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1658 on: August 13, 2020, 09:35:30 AM »

A couple reasons.  First, I think most people are at least understanding why we are doing this and don't view it as an assault on freedoms.

Second, they aren't really enforcing it in a lot of places.  I was at a microbrewery over the weekend, and while the staff was masked, only about a third of the patrons were.  (We sat outside away from everyone.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1659 on: August 13, 2020, 10:07:10 AM »
A couple reasons.  First, I think most people are at least understanding why we are doing this and don't view it as an assault on freedoms.

Second, they aren't really enforcing it in a lot of places.  I was at a microbrewery over the weekend, and while the staff was masked, only about a third of the patrons were.  (We sat outside away from everyone.)

Honestly, I wish there was a contact line to report non compliant businesses.  This is as much of a health crisis as rats in the kitchen.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1660 on: August 13, 2020, 10:18:35 AM »

Honestly .. that really surprises me.    The legislature has an election to worry about .. but what about outside "liberty" groups?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1661 on: August 13, 2020, 10:24:44 AM »
Honestly .. that really surprises me.    The legislature has an election to worry about .. but what about outside "liberty" groups?

Right.  Congress has admitted they don't have the votes to overturn it, but I am also surprised that the usual suspects aren't out filing court cases.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1662 on: August 13, 2020, 10:34:06 AM »

Talk to us in a month.  Cases are going up...which will be followed by hospitalizations...then deaths.

It’s been over a month of really high daily positive Cases but hospitalizations and deaths have remained relatively low.

Kudos to Wisconsinites for protecting the most vulnerable and for our continued success in keeping the worst of this pandemic muffled for now 🤞

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1663 on: August 13, 2020, 07:42:37 PM »
Honestly, I wish there was a contact line to report non compliant businesses.  This is as much of a health crisis as rats in the kitchen.

i'm forming a blue ribbon task force to do my part by reporting non compliance biness right here

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-wear-a-face-mask-during-sex-and-avoid-kissing-to-reduce-covid-19-risk-charity-says-12046999
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1664 on: August 13, 2020, 07:52:55 PM »
  i'm forming a blue ribbon task force to do my part by reporting non compliance biness right here

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-wear-a-face-mask-during-sex-and-avoid-kissing-to-reduce-covid-19-risk-charity-says-12046999

I always knew you had to pay for it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1665 on: August 14, 2020, 12:46:09 AM »
If anyone manages to get laid M or F without kissing and still "warms up the oven before sticking in the turkey" (American pie 2), while they both have a mask on, then they deserve it because that's one hell of a talent
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1666 on: August 14, 2020, 02:23:47 PM »
15 minutes in and out for the whole family to get tested at the Alliant in Madison.

Jockitch should swing by on its way to reedsburg, since no tests are available in Racine.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1667 on: August 14, 2020, 04:03:11 PM »
Off topic .. my son has a stuffy nose, zero other symptoms.  Google says that's not enough, but my wife thinks he should be tested.

Anyone stayed at a Holiday Inn Express break the tie for us?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1668 on: August 14, 2020, 04:35:56 PM »
Off topic .. my son has a stuffy nose, zero other symptoms.  Google says that's not enough, but my wife thinks he should be tested.

temperature, runny stools, numbness/tingling, loss of appetite, loss of smell?  how old is he?

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1669 on: August 14, 2020, 04:52:13 PM »
How does the Holiday Inn Express play into the scenario?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1670 on: August 14, 2020, 04:54:28 PM »

I'd say no as well, UNLESS you have reason to believe he was exposed to someone that was COVID positive.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1671 on: August 14, 2020, 07:04:30 PM »

From the Google: Upper respiratory symptoms, like runny nose and sinus congestion, are very uncommon in COVID-19

Fever, cough, loss of smell...(especially the smell/taste thing from folks I've known)... Yes

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1672 on: August 14, 2020, 07:31:43 PM »
From the Google: Upper respiratory symptoms, like runny nose and sinus congestion, are very uncommon in COVID-19

Fever, cough, loss of smell...(especially the smell/taste thing from folks I've known)... Yes

so, if he doesn't pass the smell test...you must do best ;D

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1673 on: August 14, 2020, 09:52:55 PM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1674 on: August 15, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »
15 minutes in and out for the whole family to get tested at the Alliant in Madison.

Jockitch should swing by on its way to reedsburg, since no tests are available in Racine.

Got our results back in 28 hours. 5 negatives to help make the positive rate look better, eh?

feedback