collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318188 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #325 on: April 07, 2020, 08:10:31 PM »

There aren't any shortages of ppe in any hospital I've worked at nor have any friends said any about theirs yet.

So your saying that doctors and nurses are lying?

Interesting.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #326 on: April 07, 2020, 08:12:12 PM »
So your saying that doctors and nurses are lying?

Interesting.

Not what he said.

Try to stop being insufferable please.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #327 on: April 07, 2020, 08:14:45 PM »
Hey, Scoop lawyers:   What's the over/under on voter lawsuits that will be filed after today? 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #328 on: April 07, 2020, 08:17:19 PM »
Not what he said.

thank you!! 

sometimes, i could almost kiss you on the lips
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #329 on: April 07, 2020, 08:17:53 PM »
Still feeling like you upgraded governments by leaving IL, chick?  :P

Without a doubt.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #330 on: April 07, 2020, 08:52:48 PM »
Without a doubt.
I couldn’t agree more Chick. Our guy in Illinois is as bad as it gets in just about every way imaginable.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #332 on: April 07, 2020, 09:10:34 PM »
Some people thing today's voting debacle is a feature, not a bug.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #333 on: April 07, 2020, 09:34:50 PM »
Hey, Scoop lawyers:   What's the over/under on voter lawsuits that will be filed after today?

If you could purchase futures on that type of bet, I’d be all in on less than three days post official count.  And filed in Dane County.
Ludum habemus.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #334 on: April 07, 2020, 09:42:11 PM »
If you could purchase futures on that type of bet, I’d be all in on less than three days post official count.  And filed in Dane County.

Is there standing if the case was adjudicated by the Supreme Court?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #335 on: April 07, 2020, 09:48:40 PM »

Dane County .. wouldn't that imply state court remedies?    I'd imagine there'd be several in Federal court, too. 

I mean .. there are tens of thousands of people who properly asked for an absentee ballot and never received it.

Not to mention, people who requested one and then voted in person -- like Chris Abele.   There'll be thousands of people who had two ballots issued in their name.

What's the latin term for that, something like clusterfck maximus?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #336 on: April 07, 2020, 10:00:54 PM »

I mean .. there are tens of thousands of people who properly asked for an absentee ballot and never received it.

So after they requested and didn’t receive a ballot, they were all helpless to do anything else from that point on?  In person absentee voting started as early as March 16th and ended April 3rd.  I don’t think there’s a municipality in the state where every voter didn’t have at least two weeks. 

And people just sat on their hands and didn’t demand to know where the ballot they requested was?

If you requested a ballot and didn’t do a damn other thing than that, you didn’t really care much anyway.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #337 on: April 07, 2020, 10:20:48 PM »
Is there standing if the case was adjudicated by the Supreme Court?

Not when Dane Co judges can get involved.  They're the 9th Circuit of the WI judiciary.

Standing?  We don't need no stinkin standing.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #338 on: April 07, 2020, 10:31:51 PM »
So after they requested and didn’t receive a ballot, they were all helpless to do anything else from that point on?  In person absentee voting started as early as March 16th and ended April 3rd.  I don’t think there’s a municipality in the state where every voter didn’t have at least two weeks. 

And people just sat on their hands and didn’t demand to know where the ballot they requested was?

If you requested a ballot and didn’t do a damn other thing than that, you didn’t really care much anyway.

Very much disagree.  Anyone who requests a ballot, whether online, by mail, or in person cares exactly the same.  They want to vote, full stop, the end. 

There are municipalities that were completely swamped and just did not get the ballots out in time.  My village pulled in extra people, working 11 hour days, but not every muni was able to execute that type of effort.   Not to mention, the USPS getting the ballots in mailboxes by today. -- There's a report from Fox Point that a tray of 150+ ballots, delivered to USPS was returned to Village Hall for no reason.

So indeed, we're left with people who requested but the munis couldn't execute quickly enough.

And .. there are people who are "absentee" in the truest sense, they are out of town or disabled, unable to go in-person.  If they got their request in 20 days or 1 minute before the deadline, they all have the expectation of reception.   

In the end, there are specific instructions for voters, which they followed properly, but the government failed to execute. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:33:23 PM by mu_hilltopper »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #339 on: April 07, 2020, 10:34:29 PM »

Very much disagree.  Anyone who requests a ballot, whether online, by mail, or in person cares exactly the same.  They want to vote, full stop, the end. 

There are municipalities that were completely swamped and just did not get the ballots out in time.  My village pulled in extra people, working 11 hour days, but not every muni was able to execute that type of effort.   Not to mention, the USPS getting the ballots in mailboxes by today. -- There's a report from Fox Point that a tray of 150+ ballots, delivered to USPS was returned to Village Hall for no reason.

So indeed, we're left with people who requested but the munis couldn't execute quickly enough.

And .. there are people who are "absentee" in the truest sense, they are out of town or disabled, unable to go in-person.  If they got their request in 20 days or 1 minute before the deadline, they all have the expectation of reception.   

In the end, there are specific instructions for voters, which they followed properly, but the government failed to execute.

Agrred, most

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #340 on: April 07, 2020, 10:39:15 PM »

Agree.  I received mine five days before my wife and we requested them a day apart.  Between swamped municipalities and the oddness of the USPS, the system broke down for too many. 
Ludum habemus.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #341 on: April 07, 2020, 11:02:52 PM »
Not what he said.

We know there are shortages of PPE. Anecdotal evidence that differs proves nothing.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #342 on: April 07, 2020, 11:04:49 PM »

I know, personal responsibility is a lost virtue these days. The govt, failed, so that’s that. Now you get to be a victim. 

For those truly absentee- out of state, I feel badly for them. But that’s a tiny minority in every election.  The thousands had plenty of time to do something other than sit on their hands and complain.  You find a way to get it done if it truly is important to you. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #343 on: April 07, 2020, 11:52:00 PM »
I know, personal responsibility is a lost virtue these days. The govt, failed, so that’s that. Now you get to be a victim. 

For those truly absentee- out of state, I feel badly for them. But that’s a tiny minority in every election.  The thousands had plenty of time to do something other than sit on their hands and complain.  You find a way to get it done if it truly is important to you.

Why would they when national leaders were downplaying it for the past several weeks and months?

• All American
« Reply #344 on: April 08, 2020, 08:11:28 AM »
Good news is that the president of a local health system was on TV today saying that Wisconsin should have enough PPE and hospital capacity to manage the peak, which is projected for next week.  He also said that we have to hit social isolation very hard between now and April 24 to have any thought of loosening stay at home after then.  But overall seemed pretty optimistic that we have avoided a New York like scenario.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #345 on: April 08, 2020, 08:23:42 AM »
I couldn’t agree more Chick. Our guy in Illinois is as bad as it gets in just about every way imaginable.

Yep. Wisconsin isn't any more corrupt than Illinois (just leaning in the opposite direction, perhaps), but at least it isn't teetering on the edge of fiscal collapse.

Plus cheese.  And beer.
Have some patience, FFS.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #346 on: April 08, 2020, 08:37:55 AM »

Bahahhahahahahhahaha

• All American
« Reply #347 on: April 08, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »

Good lord.  Stop your nonsense.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #348 on: April 08, 2020, 08:52:37 AM »
We know there are shortages of PPE. Anecdotal evidence that differs proves nothing.

There are ppe shortages in states and cities where they were hit the hardest (As well as improperly managing the ppe)

Wisconsin does not have any of these shortages in hospitals.

• All American
« Reply #349 on: April 08, 2020, 08:57:14 AM »
There are ppe shortages in states and cities where they were hit the hardest (As well as improperly managing the ppe)

Wisconsin does not have any of these shortages in hospitals.

Yep.  And as I said above, this was echoed by the President of a local heath system this morning.

feedback