[May 10, 2024, 10:24:14 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Vander Blue Man Group
[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Close to Home Reports  (Read 69967 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Close to Home Reports
« Reply #325 on: October 30, 2020, 04:03:15 PM »
Both my 70 year old parents diagnosed this week. Mom had one test last week that was negative before positive this week. She's far more symptomatic than my dad who only has a cough

I hope your parents get through this quickly, jesmu84.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #326 on: October 30, 2020, 04:08:32 PM »
Both my 70 year old parents diagnosed this week. Mom had one test last week that was negative before positive this week. She's far more symptomatic than my dad who only has a cough

Don't be afraid to get them to the hospital early if they need it.  Best.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #327 on: November 02, 2020, 01:53:54 PM »
2 friends (both teachers) and their teenage daughter tested positive. Bad for for him as he was scheduled for radiation treatments this week for esophageal cancer. A D-i-L has had it the last week but not too bad after 1st few days.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #328 on: November 02, 2020, 02:07:08 PM »

Stay strong and best wishes
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #329 on: November 02, 2020, 02:29:41 PM »
The young firefighter/former marine working with me today received a call from his wife this morning.   She works in a day care and an infant last at the daycare in 10/29 tested positive over the weekend.   She doesn't think she was exposed, bit isn't sure.
He is working overtime with me today.   As my department is currently undergoing our third round of positive cases, we can't afford to send him home, as we currently have over a dozen, or 6% of the department, in quarantine.

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #330 on: November 02, 2020, 02:39:38 PM »
the mom of one of my wife's friends passed from COVID on Friday. When it was put up on Facebook an immediate reply from a Trumper friend (not a random person) was "what underlying condition did she really die from?"

They have no shame.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #331 on: November 02, 2020, 03:19:48 PM »
the mom of one of my wife's friends passed from COVID on Friday. When it was put up on Facebook an immediate reply from a Trumper friend (not a random person) was "what underlying condition did she really die from?"

They have no shame.

Wow. Sadly, not surprising.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #332 on: November 02, 2020, 03:37:39 PM »

They have no shame.

The politicization of death. How terribly sad, desperate and inappropriate.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #333 on: November 02, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »

They have no shame.

I've been shocked by some of the callous facebook posts on friends feeds who have lost loved ones to this. Disgusting vile comments.

What the hell has happened to people?

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #334 on: November 02, 2020, 08:45:12 PM »
Best to all mentioned in the above posts.
I,too, have seen on FB the immediate question about underlying conditions, or questioning what the ‘real’ diagnosis was

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #335 on: November 02, 2020, 09:53:24 PM »
What the hell has happened to people?
These folks made it OK to be a$$holes
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #336 on: November 03, 2020, 09:12:11 AM »
My cousin passed away a week ago. It wasn't the most pleasant conversations I've ever had with my grandmother trying to convince her not to travel to Tennessee to be with family. This stuff sucks

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #337 on: November 03, 2020, 09:41:25 AM »
My cousin passed away a week ago. It wasn't the most pleasant conversations I've ever had with my grandmother trying to convince her not to travel to Tennessee to be with family. This stuff sucks

Sorry to hear about your cousin. Yeah - this definitely sucks....

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #338 on: November 04, 2020, 08:53:25 AM »
My 15 year old son’s best friend has it. She has asthma, so it’s a worry, though only minor symptoms so far.
Parents thought Covid was no big deal. Only wore masks when forced. Attended large gatherings. Kid attended school in person.
Hopefully she turns out okay.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #339 on: November 09, 2020, 07:52:20 PM »
For the record, I have not been inside a public building without a mask since St. Patrick's day.    I have been as OCD as possible.    Last Monday, I went to two fires in 3 hours.    We don't wear surgical masks when on scene at fires.     On Tuesday, I went to the dentist.   Based on onset of symptoms, I was exposed M-T-W.      The crap part is that I scrimmaged with my son's 8th grade basketball team on Wednesday and Thursday.    Wearing a very good multi-layer Under Armour mask at all times.    But now I may have torpedoed the entire season for his team.    So, some serious guilt there. 

I may have infected my very good friend getting a hug from him after my hole-in-one.     More guilt.   

Which leads me to ask, where is the shame?      I feel like a complete and utter pretty boy for exposing my circle before I was symptomatic.     I am going to be hiding out in my basement for the next 10 days.     I have put my family in danger.     Despite taking every precaution.    I am now a statistic.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #340 on: November 09, 2020, 08:01:37 PM »
For the record, I have not been inside a public building without a mask since St. Patrick's day.    I have been as OCD as possible.    Last Monday, I went to two fires in 3 hours.    We don't wear surgical masks when on scene at fires.     On Tuesday, I went to the dentist.   Based on onset of symptoms, I was exposed M-T-W.      The crap part is that I scrimmaged with my son's 8th grade basketball team on Wednesday and Thursday.    Wearing a very good multi-layer Under Armour mask at all times.    But now I may have torpedoed the entire season for his team.    So, some serious guilt there. 

I may have infected my very good friend getting a hug from him after my hole-in-one.     More guilt.   

Which leads me to ask, where is the shame?      I feel like a complete and utter pretty boy for exposing my circle before I was symptomatic.     I am going to be hiding out in my basement for the next 10 days.     I have put my family in danger.     Despite taking every precaution.    I am now a statistic.   

I'm sorry man, I appreciate you sharing that all. Takes big donkey balls to talk about your feelings like that.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #341 on: November 09, 2020, 08:09:14 PM »
One shouldn’t feel shame for catching a disease as communicable as Covid. People can’t be 100% vigilant at all times.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #342 on: November 09, 2020, 08:35:14 PM »
Your story exemplifies why this disease is so scary - we can make personal decisions to reduce our risk, but it’s nearly impossible to eliminate it without living in a cave.

You did your best and took all the precautions a responsible person would take. That’s all we can expect of ourselves.

Be well.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #343 on: November 09, 2020, 08:35:33 PM »
Yeah, with the pervasiveness right now, it could have been anything.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #344 on: November 09, 2020, 08:41:06 PM »

Saying some prayers for you. That’s the most frustrating thing. No matter how many precautions, it can slip through.

If it makes you feel better, I’ve heard a few close calls people had with positive people and their tests came back negative. From a 3 hour car ride, eating at a restaurant, and a walk outside. I think the golf is minimal risk and wearing a mask at the scrimmage should mitigate the risk of spread.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #345 on: November 09, 2020, 08:54:56 PM »
Yeah, with the pervasiveness right now, it could have been anything.

That is the really scary part. I know multiple people that are in the same situation. All the precautions. Still got it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #346 on: November 09, 2020, 10:22:08 PM »
My dad has almost fully recovered - played golf yesterday.

My mom was in the hospital over the weekend with severe dehydration secondary to GI symptoms. She's back home now and improving. Luckily, avoided any respiratory symptoms. She was given Dex, but no other medications.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #347 on: November 09, 2020, 10:40:24 PM »
My dad has almost fully recovered - played golf yesterday.

My mom was in the hospital over the weekend with severe dehydration secondary to GI symptoms. She's back home now and improving. Luckily, avoided any respiratory symptoms. She was given Dex, but no other medications.

I just saw your post at the top of this thread and was worried, because we haven't heard anything. Glad to hear they are recovering.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #348 on: November 09, 2020, 10:50:49 PM »
Glad to hear your parents are improving, jesmu84.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #349 on: November 10, 2020, 08:20:34 AM »
Great to hear for both of them
Maigh Eo for Sam