collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BULLS-BUCKS  (Read 54957 times)

withoutbias

• All American
Re: BULLS-BUCKS
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2015, 09:57:33 AM »
Yet, Jay Cutler is better at football than any of us are at our jobs.

Even if you don't like Cutler, he is still one of the top 50 guys in the world at his job (QB).  I think I am great at my job.  But one of the best 50 in the world?  Not so sure about that (the fact that I am responding to this email during a boring teleconference might be enough to knock me out of the top 50).

depends on how you define cutlers job.  if you look at his job as "nfl quarterback" then, compared to all others who hold that job title, he is average at the very best.  if you look at his job as "quarterback" then of course he's the top 1% of the world when compared to 12 year old 7 on 7 flag football quarterbacks up through nfl quarterbacks.  personally, i don't consider 3rd grade algebra students studying their multiplication tables to be accountants.  you apparently do.  if that's the case then i might be in the same percentage of my job as jay cutler is of his job.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2015, 10:07:42 AM »
Oh good, the thread titled "BULLS-BUCKS" got turned into a discussion of Jay Cutler.  Football sucks.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2015, 12:24:59 PM »
depends on how you define cutlers job.  if you look at his job as "nfl quarterback" then, compared to all others who hold that job title, he is average at the very best.  if you look at his job as "quarterback" then of course he's the top 1% of the world when compared to 12 year old 7 on 7 flag football quarterbacks up through nfl quarterbacks.  personally, i don't consider 3rd grade algebra students studying their multiplication tables to be accountants.  you apparently do.  if that's the case then i might be in the same percentage of my job as jay cutler is of his job.

But there are thousands of people between the ages of 20 and 40 who want to be NFL QBs but aren't good enough.  If Cutler quit his job, there are at best 20-50 people on the planet who could replace him without his organization suffering.  For most, if not all of us, I imagine that number is a lot bigger than 50.  I think that makes him a more successful QB than the vast majority of other people are at their jobs.  I understand that you look at it differently than I do, and that's OK.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »

If you consider Cutler's job to be "NFL quarterback" and there are roughly 100 current NFL QBs that means you think that at least 40-50 of those QBs are better than Cutler. You're sticking to that?

If Cutler's job is professional QB, that would include the NFL, CFL, Arena League and several other no-name pro football leagues. All total, there are at a 200 professional QBs in the world. Worst-case, Cutler is in the top 20 of those QBs. Do you think anyone on these boards is one of the top 10% in their current profession world-wide? No disrespect to posters, but I don't.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2015, 12:44:21 PM »
People who use the term “meatball fan” that they heard from 2  local sports radio hosts are (in my opinion), themselves “Meatball fans”.  Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t make them a meatball fan. That’s too convenient and might I add arrogant.

IMO, a "meatball fan" is one who argues blindly, irrationally and ignorantly. It has nothing to do with whether or not they agree with me.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »
Maybe it's time to spin this thread off into a separate one called "Cutler with a chance of meatballs."

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2015, 12:46:20 PM »
I'm a Brewer fan since 1970. Braun sucks, I hate him, hope he does well enough so they can trade his ass off somewhere. When he helps the team win, like yesterday, I feel dirty.

I'm more familiar with the temperature of these two markets because I live closely. I wonder what the equivalent player for each city would be. For example Pittsburgh : Big Ben?  

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2015, 12:54:51 PM »
If you consider Cutler's job to be "NFL quarterback" and there are roughly 100 current NFL QBs that means you think that at least 40-50 of those QBs are better than Cutler. You're sticking to that?

If Cutler's job is professional QB, that would include the NFL, CFL, Arena League and several other no-name pro football leagues. All total, there are at a 200 professional QBs in the world. Worst-case, Cutler is in the top 20 of those QBs. Do you think anyone on these boards is one of the top 10% in their current profession world-wide? No disrespect to posters, but I don't.

So this is what it comes down to now. You are defending Cutler because he is better at his job than most/all scoopers are at theirs. Yikes.

and yes I am a meatball fan. I love meatballs, especially Swedish.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2015, 01:18:20 PM »
So this is what it comes down to now. You are defending Cutler because he is better at his job than most/all scoopers are at theirs. Yikes.

and yes I am a meatball fan. I love meatballs, especially Swedish.

You clearly have some reading comprehension problems. Wades went all "meatball" and stated that Cutler sucks at football. I was simply pointing out to him that the guy who he believes sucks at his job is still better at his job than any of us.

Back on topic...Bulls 94, Bucks 91

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2015, 01:22:48 PM »
You clearly have some reading comprehension problems. Wades went all "meatball" and stated that Cutler sucks at football. I was simply pointing out to him that the guy who he believes sucks at his job is still better at his job than any of us.

Back on topic...Bulls 94, Bucks 91

I do not have reading comprehension problems. Yes I agree the Bucks will win tonight.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2015, 01:24:57 PM »
I'm more familiar with the temperature of these two markets because I live closely. I wonder what the equivalent player for each city would be. For example Pittsburgh : Big Ben?  

I haven't been to Pittsburgh recently, but Big Ben won them two rings and while he's kind of a dirtbag, I don't imagine Steelers fans have much of a problem with him on the field.  He's actually kind of the opposite of Cutler, Steelers fans overlook him being whatever off the field in exchange for on the field success.  Bears fans amplify things about Cutler off the field as a result of his on the field struggles.

Its more perspective.  Its easy to talk about how much a QB sucks when you're a Packers fan and you have a HOF QB who is a multiple MVP.  My friends that are Bengals/Browns/Rams fans never talk smack about how much he sucks.  Cause they realize it could be much worse.  Bottom 60% of QBs is silly.  He's not top tier, but he's in the top half of starting QBs in the NFL, its stupid to say he's terrible unless you're comparing him to 4-5 guys that make most everyone else look terrible too.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2015, 01:40:39 PM »
I do not have reading comprehension problems. Yes I agree the Bucks will win tonight.

Well played, sir.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2015, 01:50:29 PM »
I haven't been to Pittsburgh recently, but Big Ben won them two rings and while he's kind of a dirtbag, I don't imagine Steelers fans have much of a problem with him on the field.  He's actually kind of the opposite of Cutler, Steelers fans overlook him being whatever off the field in exchange for on the field success.  Bears fans amplify things about Cutler off the field as a result of his on the field struggles.

Its more perspective.  Its easy to talk about how much a QB sucks when you're a Packers fan and you have a HOF QB who is a multiple MVP.  My friends that are Bengals/Browns/Rams fans never talk smack about how much he sucks.  Cause they realize it could be much worse.  Bottom 60% of QBs is silly.  He's not top tier, but he's in the top half of starting QBs in the NFL, its stupid to say he's terrible unless you're comparing him to 4-5 guys that make most everyone else look terrible too.

32 nfl teams. Here is who I would take over Cutler:  

Rodgers, Brady, Flacco, Dalton, Roethlisberger, Luck, P Manning, E Manning, Foles, RGIII, Stafford, Ryan, Cam Newton, Brees, Palmer, Wilson. You can throw in Bortles, D. Carr, and Bridgewater because they all have better upside. That's 19. That sounds like he is in the bottom half to me.  No he is not terrible, but not silly or a reach to say he is bottom 60%

You are correct about perspective. You are seeing it through blue and orange glasses and granted I am seeing it through green and gold, but listen to the national media they all think Cutler is not good.  The Bears will be hard pressed to trade him. If Fox could unload him he would.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears trade up for Mariotta. (OK enough Culter talk, supposed to be talking Bucks/Bulls.)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2015, 02:02:11 PM »
Do you think anyone on these boards is one of the top 10% in their current profession world-wide? No disrespect to posters, but I don't.

Piss off!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2015, 02:07:57 PM »
32 nfl teams. Here is who I would take over Cutler:  

Rodgers, Brady, Flacco, Dalton, Roethlisberger, Luck, P Manning, E Manning, Foles, RGIII, Stafford, Ryan, Cam Newton, Brees, Palmer, Wilson. You can throw in Bortles, D. Carr, and Bridgewater because they all have better upside. That's 19. That sounds like he is in the bottom half to me.  No he is not terrible, but not silly or a reach to say he is bottom 60%

You are correct about perspective. You are seeing it through blue and orange glasses and granted I am seeing it through green and gold, but listen to the national media they all think Cutler is not good.  The Bears will be hard pressed to trade him. If Fox could unload him he would.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears trade up for Mariotta. (OK enough Culter talk, supposed to be talking Bucks/Bulls.)

You're overlooking the fact that every team has 2-3 QBs on their roster. You threw out 19 of the roughly 90-100 NFL QBs. That puts Cutler in roughly the top 20%. I believe that's where the disconnect is coming from.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2015, 02:08:04 PM »
I think the Bucks find a way to pull out a close one tonight...90-86.

But they will drop Game 7 back in Chicago. Bulls get it done...102-90.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2015, 02:21:21 PM »

Quote from: MerrittsMustache on Today at 12:36:05 PM
Do you think anyone on these boards is one of the top 10% in their current profession world-wide? No disrespect to posters, but I don't.

Are you including retirees in your remarkably shaky generalization?  If so, then I take exception to your  border line insolence.  Why, back in my day........ Uhhhh, rats, I forgot what I was going to say. What are we discussing again?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2015, 02:47:46 PM »
NM
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 02:49:31 PM by WI_inferiority_complexes »

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2015, 03:01:06 PM »

If we are an average cross-section of people, then 10% of the employed people on this board should be among the top 10% of their profession, since 1 in 10 people are in the top 10% of their profession, since that is what 10% is!

Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2015, 04:06:20 PM »
Back on topic....I originally predicted Bulls in 6 and I am sticking with it, partially because I don't even want to entertain the thought of a game 7 after going up 3-0.  Butler and DRose (Wade's favorite player) bounce back tonight and the Bulls don't turn the ball over 25 f'n times. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2015, 04:10:57 PM »
Back on topic....I originally predicted Bulls in 6 and I am sticking with it, partially because I don't even want to entertain the thought of a game 7 after going up 3-0.  Butler and DRose (Wade's favorite player) bounce back tonight and the Bulls don't turn the ball over 25 f'n times. 

If the young Bucks manage to win tonight, the pressure on the Bulls Saturday will be through the roof.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2015, 04:14:23 PM »
If the young Bucks manage to win tonight, the pressure on the Bulls Saturday will be through the roof.

It sure will be and as a fan who has watched them all year I'm not confident they'd handle that stress particularly well.  That being said, I still think they win a close one tonight.   

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2015, 04:19:52 PM »
It sure will be and as a fan who has watched them all year I'm not confident they'd handle that stress particularly well.  That being said, I still think they win a close one tonight.   

Concur.  I think Pau and JFB 'see to it'.  They had to be embarrassed Monday.  Still pulling for my Bucks though.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2015, 04:49:09 PM »

The only positive in the losses to the Bucks this series is that the Bulls have played atrocious, especially TOs, in the losses and they were games they could have still won in the 4th. Just play "not terribly" and they should win.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2015, 04:59:04 PM »
The only positive in the losses to the Bucks this series is that the Bulls have played atrocious, especially TOs, in the losses and they were games they could have still won in the 4th. Just play "not terribly" and they should win.

It's not like the Bucks have played a perfect series either.  Their defense has been great, but they could stand to play a lot better offensively themselves.  It's not that simple.  If the Bulls play 'ok', the Bucks can still beat them.