[Today at 09:59:40 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU  (Read 108033 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #375 on: May 29, 2019, 08:18:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/big_smooth10/status/1133729726235906049?s=21

Sam denying the whole 'silent verbal' thing.
AR30 requesting tweet be deleted  ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 02:55:29 PM by Newsdreams »
Goal is National Championship

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #376 on: May 29, 2019, 09:40:21 PM »
AR10 requesting tweet be deleted  ;D
**AR30**

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Unofficial - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #377 on: May 29, 2019, 09:53:51 PM »
Then clearly Joey should go play for Buzz.

Izzo's guys are tough too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #378 on: May 30, 2019, 09:25:38 AM »
In all seriousness, this could be exactly what Joey needs to go on to be an outstanding college player and, perhaps, an NBA prospect.

At Marquette, he was too close to mommy and daddy, he had Sam to protect him, he didn't get along with the team's All-American player, any little bit of criticism made him pout, and he apparently never really respected Wojo.

At Michigan State, he will not be coddled or protected. He will play for a demanding coach who will publicly call him out for his mistakes. The easy thing to do would have been to go to Wisconsin, where he would have instantly been BMOC, living close to his parents and with Sam at his side. He and his family must know all of that, so I'm impressed with this choice as a way to advance his career.

I wish him well, and I will be rooting for him at least 2 times a year!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #379 on: May 30, 2019, 11:28:02 AM »
In all seriousness, this could be exactly what Joey needs to go on to be an outstanding college player and, perhaps, an NBA prospect.

At Marquette, he was too close to mommy and daddy, he had Sam to protect him, he didn't get along with the team's All-American player, any little bit of criticism made him pout, and he apparently never really respected Wojo.

At Michigan State, he will not be coddled or protected. He will play for a demanding coach who will publicly call him out for his mistakes. The easy thing to do would have been to go to Wisconsin, where he would have instantly been BMOC, living close to his parents and with Sam at his side. He and his family must know all of that, so I'm impressed with this choice as a way to advance his career.

Yep. Hopefully the next time an all American player gets on his ass for his crappy play he won’t act like a child and run home to momma.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #380 on: May 30, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »

I'll second that.  The easy thing for both Joey and Sam would be to go to Madison.  So many built in advantages and easy lifestyle choices.  Trevor, Sam's GF, an Arena they used to own at the WIAAs, 1 hour, 45 minute drive for Mom & Dad, a roster that needs them, local ties...

Instead they split up, each sit out year in new towns away from each other, family & friends and compete for PT on some of the best rosters in the NCAA.  I admire that.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #381 on: May 30, 2019, 01:14:01 PM »
I'll second that.  The easy thing for both Joey and Sam would be to go to Madison.  So many built in advantages and easy lifestyle choices.  Trevor, Sam's GF, an Arena they used to own at the WIAAs, 1 hour, 45 minute drive for Mom & Dad, a roster that needs them, local ties...

Instead they split up, each sit out year in new towns away from each other, family & friends and compete for PT on some of the best rosters in the NCAA.  I admire that.

To be fair they had a chance to compete for playing time on one of the best rosters in the NCAA without sitting out a year...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #382 on: May 30, 2019, 01:19:10 PM »
To be fair they had a chance to compete for playing time on one of the best rosters in the NCAA without sitting out a year...

Well yeah ... there's this.

And they wouldn't have been labeled as guys who quit at the first sign of adversity, too.

But having decided to transfer, I definitely respect them more for choosing the less-safe route, one that figures to benefit them more down the line.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #383 on: May 30, 2019, 01:28:04 PM »
Yep. Hopefully the next time an all American player gets on his ass for his crappy play he won’t act like a child and run home to momma.

To be fair, we don’t really know what the relationship between Markus and Joey was like.  During the game at DePaul, Markus kind of got in Joey’s face after some poor play, but it definitely didn’t look like a “getting on his ass” thing, more like a “hang in there and keep gutting it out” thing.  Then again, I wasn’t on the court and don’t know exactly what was said.  But neither was anybody else on this board, as far as I know.

So let’s stick to the facts we actually know, which are almost zero outside of the Hausers transferred and are now at MSU and UVA.  Everybody involved has been tight-lipped, which is probably for the best.

connie

• All American
« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2019, 01:32:06 PM »
Which just circles us back to the "how bad did things have to be" for them to take this step discussion.  The only new piece of data we have is that at one point it was important for the Hauser's to play together.  Guess that is no longer true. Oh, and that they are both valued enough by some top tier programs to eat a schollie for a year waiting on them to be eligible.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

tower912

• All American
« Reply #385 on: May 30, 2019, 01:43:13 PM »
And the 'would have stayed if Markus left' legend.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #386 on: May 30, 2019, 01:44:47 PM »
Which just circles us back to the "how bad did things have to be" for them to take this step discussion.  The only new piece of data we have is that at one point it was important for the Hauser's to play together. Guess that is no longer true. Oh, and that they are both valued enough by some top tier programs to eat a schollie for a year waiting on them to be eligible.

Do we know this was the case during the transfer process, or are you referring to MU? During the transfer process, all we had was wild speculation, mainly coming from here and Madison.

Speaking of Madison, do Fran and Swenson still post and think they know all? Such amusing fellows back in the day on the Dodds board.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #387 on: May 30, 2019, 01:53:01 PM »
Do we know this was the case during the transfer process, or are you referring to MU? During the transfer process, all we had was wild speculation, mainly coming from here and Madison.

Speaking of Madison, do Fran and Swenson still post and think they know all? Such amusing fellows back in the day on the Dodds board.

I believe Swenson still does.

It is humorous some of the comments coming from out west are glad they didn’t get the Hausers since they “quit” on Marquette and didn’t want “quitters”, “divas” or locker room “cancers” and “helicopter parents”.

Rather remarkable some feel bad they quit on Marquette now!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2019, 02:31:31 PM »
Well yeah ... there's this.

And they wouldn't have been labeled as guys who quit at the first sign of adversity, too.

But having decided to transfer, I definitely respect them more for choosing the less-safe route, one that figures to benefit them more down the line.
A case could be made that the path they are taking is much safer. Going to one program with a legendary Hall if Fame coach known for player development and the another going to a future Hall of Fame coach who comes from your home town and your positioned to be a featured player the year your eligible. Those two versus a Badger program that could be down for many years .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #389 on: May 30, 2019, 02:55:00 PM »
**AR30**
Thanks fingers screwup on phone
Goal is National Championship

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #390 on: May 30, 2019, 03:16:32 PM »

Mike,

Agree 100% with paragraphs 1, 3 and 4.

Paragraph 2, not so much.

• All American
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2019, 04:46:22 PM »
To be fair, we don’t really know what the relationship between Markus and Joey was like.  During the game at DePaul, Markus kind of got in Joey’s face after some poor play, but it definitely didn’t look like a “getting on his ass” thing, more like a “hang in there and keep gutting it out” thing.  Then again, I wasn’t on the court and don’t know exactly what was said.  But neither was anybody else on this board, as far as I know.

So let’s stick to the facts we actually know, which are almost zero outside of the Hausers transferred and are now at MSU and UVA.  Everybody involved has been tight-lipped, which is probably for the best.

You should go post on the MSU boards Mr. Hauser. Your little boy doesn’t play here any more.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #392 on: May 30, 2019, 04:55:46 PM »
You should go post on the MSU boards Mr. Hauser. Your little boy doesn’t play here any more.

I don't think RR was defending Joey. He was simply stating a fact that none of us know exactly what happened.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

• All American
« Reply #393 on: May 30, 2019, 05:04:28 PM »
I don't think RR was defending Joey. He was simply stating a fact that none of us know exactly what happened.

I don’t know quantum physics, but I know things aren’t flying off into space either.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #394 on: May 31, 2019, 07:18:37 AM »

It is humorous some of the comments coming from out west are glad they didn’t get the Hausers since they “quit” on Marquette and didn’t want “quitters”, “divas” or locker room “cancers” and “helicopter parents”.

Also, the comment that Joey deserved that punch in the groin.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #395 on: May 31, 2019, 09:14:30 AM »

Rather remarkable some feel bad they quit on Marquette now!

While clearly sour grapes from wisky fans that doent necessarily make them untrue.  From all that we saw last year with the parents, the pouting, the team falling off a cliff, apparently attempting to lead a mutiny, etc they may be spot on.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #396 on: May 31, 2019, 09:17:37 AM »
Mike,

Agree 100% with paragraphs 1, 3 and 4.

Paragraph 2, not so much.

75% agreement. I'll take it! Most of us probably don't agree with our spouses 75% of the time.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #397 on: May 31, 2019, 10:16:15 AM »
While clearly sour grapes from wisky fans that doent necessarily make them untrue.  From all that we saw last year with the parents, the pouting, the team falling off a cliff, apparently attempting to lead a mutiny, etc they may be spot on.

The World According to Sand Knit:

Tony Bennett gave 2 years of scholarships for 1 year of play to a good but not great player who led a mutiny against his coach and tanked his team's season - oh and by the way comes with awful, meddling parents.

Tom Izzo gave 3 years of scholarships for 2 years of play to a guy who sucks at basketball, is a pouting baby and tanked his team's season - oh and by the way comes with awful, meddling parents.

So, Wojo comes out of this looking like a genius (addition through subtraction) while Bennett and Izzo look like total idiots. Sorry, Sandy - even through my blue and gold glasses your scenario looks ridiculous.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #398 on: May 31, 2019, 10:46:47 AM »
The sudden shift in perspective on Joey from many here is pretty hilarious. He’s now viewed as being a whiny, soft malcontent. Never heard any of those assertions before he transferred. Some of you sound like scorned lovers
No Finish Line

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #399 on: May 31, 2019, 11:20:46 AM »
The sudden shift in perspective on Joey from many here is pretty hilarious. He’s now viewed as being a whiny, soft malcontent. Never heard any of those assertions before he transferred. Some of you sound like scorned lovers

this. I did not think much of joey's hand or defense but offensively and ball handling he was a great player. He was in the very least above average for a freshman, and of the non 1 and done freshmen I'd say he was in the upper echelon. The opinions of personality, I assume, are all conjecture
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback