Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU  (Read 107046 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 5/28 finally official - Sam to UVA, Joey to MSU
« Reply #425 on: May 31, 2019, 07:38:05 PM »
This.

Wojo took considerable more heat than Joey did, even after the "Crybaby Joey" narrative came out. Hell, I had been what joyless willie would call a "Wojo slurper," and I place the lion's share of blame on Wojo. I'd guess the ratio of Blame Wojo's to Blame Joey's was at least 2-to-1. At least. With a few Blame Markus & Wojo's thrown in. Very few Blame Sam's, though.

The Wojo slurpers make me sick.  They should be angrier
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #426 on: May 31, 2019, 07:40:58 PM »
you mean to tell me a fanbase feels differently about a player that transfers out of their program?  especially a freshman who was getting 30 minutes per game?

wild!

next thing you know scoopers will be claiming thunder fans feel differently about kd now than they did about him 5 years ago.  hard to fathom.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #427 on: May 31, 2019, 07:41:07 PM »
I am outraged that Wojo didn't do more to appease the Hausers! 

Happy?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #428 on: May 31, 2019, 07:43:22 PM »

Happy?

Thanks, Tower!  Now we’re getting somewhere
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #429 on: May 31, 2019, 07:49:27 PM »

Happy?

I am outraged about your outrage.

I mean, the whole effen thing is outrageous.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #430 on: May 31, 2019, 07:52:23 PM »
The last 5-6 months of Scoopdom has made me numb to this situation.  I would greatly appreciate the all knowing scoopers to recount specifically what could have been done differently one last time and then all of us agree to never speak of it again. 

That would also be known as "the best of both worlds". Meaning, those all knowing among us can put on display how brilliant they are by detailing the apparently obvious way this season should have been handled and then the rest of us don't have to live through the mind numbing drivel anymore.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #431 on: May 31, 2019, 08:00:58 PM »
The last 5-6 months of Scoopdom has made me numb to this situation.  I would greatly appreciate the all knowing scoopers to recount specifically what could have been done differently one last time and then all of us agree to never speak of it again. 

That would also be known as "the best of both worlds". Meaning, those all knowing among us can put on display how brilliant they are by detailing the apparently obvious way this season should have been handled and then the rest of us don't have to live through the mind numbing drivel anymore.

So the burden of proof is on the people not getting millions of dollars to run a program? 

Let’s put Joey aside. We had a player who in three years had more points than butler and wade—transferred up, not down.  And somehow ‘scoopers’ are supposed to specifically identify what the million dollar coach could have possibly done different. 

Seems misplaced.  Result is terrible — no excuse.  As you point out, Now it’s just about what happens next.  Tired of hearing why abnormal situations are nothing to worry about.     

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #432 on: May 31, 2019, 08:01:43 PM »
Pretty telling, yes. As in wrong and kinda racist. Which "teammates"?
Why? You gonna go give them a piece of your mind?

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #433 on: May 31, 2019, 08:08:32 PM »
So the burden of proof is on the people not getting millions of dollars to run a program? 

Let’s put Joey aside. We had a player who in three years had more points than butler and wade—transferred up, not down.  And somehow ‘scoopers’ are supposed to specifically identify what the million dollar coach could have possibly done different. 

Seems misplaced.  Result is terrible — no excuse.  As you point out, Now it’s just about what happens next.  Tired of hearing why abnormal situations are nothing to worry about.     

Well, I keep reading people implying that it's obvious what Wojo should have done differently, so it was implied you don't need to be paid millions of dollars to know what was wrong.  I don't have the inclination to go back through hundreds of pages of Scoop to find where it was pointed out.  So, yes, I guess it is a bit of arrogant of me to ask for it to be repeated here.  Let's call it a friendly request to repeat it.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #434 on: May 31, 2019, 09:29:11 PM »
Wee kneed sum tutti frutti playas, hey?
I always liked that gum.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #435 on: May 31, 2019, 09:30:28 PM »
I was polite because he was still here.  But he was throwing his hands in the air in November when he didn't get the ball when he thought he should.  I chalked it up to freshman immaturity.  I noticed late in the year when he would get a defensive board and bring it up himself, then passing to Sam rather than passing it to Markus in stride.  And I held my tongue thinking I was imagining it and letting my previous observations affect my interpretation of what I was seeing.   His turnovers trying to pass it anywhere but to Markus.   I attributed them all to being a freshman and assumed he would grow up.    But they all happened.   Now he can grow up for Izzo.
I agree with this analysis.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #436 on: May 31, 2019, 09:41:47 PM »
Yes, if he had stayed, most would have held their tongues and hoped he grew up.    He didn't stay.    Now the repressed gripes are coming out.   

So if Markus left what would you be "regressed griping" about?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #437 on: May 31, 2019, 09:51:11 PM »
Why? You gonna go give them a piece of your mind?

Nope. Just wanted to know if the guy who made this up actually had any facts. Thanks for clearing it up.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #438 on: May 31, 2019, 09:52:02 PM »
People make themselves unhappy. You cannot make an unhappy person happy for long.

In hind sight Wojo should not of let Joey and Sam room together.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #439 on: May 31, 2019, 10:22:28 PM »
to keep the topic on the hausers... sam was officially introduced to UVA via twitter

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #440 on: May 31, 2019, 11:46:30 PM »
In hind sight Wojo should not of let Joey and Sam room together.
I thought Sam and Markus were roommates.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #441 on: June 01, 2019, 12:33:12 AM »
Nope. Just wanted to know if the guy who made this up actually had any facts. Thanks for clearing it up.

Like you making up Hauser was pressured at Georgetown....or just a few days ago that you knew with absolute certainty Wes Matthews doesn’t make the NBA without Buzz.....or the best yet, you are 100% certain fluffy is me? 

Thanks for clearing that up and whenever you want to practice what you preach, let us all know.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #442 on: June 01, 2019, 06:21:58 AM »
So if Markus left what would you be "regressed griping" about?
If Markus left, I would still be supporting those who stayed.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #443 on: June 01, 2019, 06:25:52 AM »
It’s a fact Jack.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #444 on: June 01, 2019, 06:35:09 AM »
Like you making up Hauser was pressured at Georgetown....or just a few days ago that you knew with absolute certainty Wes Matthews doesn’t make the NBA without Buzz.....or the best yet, you are 100% certain fluffy is me? 

Thanks for clearing that up and whenever you want to practice what you preach, let us all know.

Wait...Wes doesn’t make it to the nba without Buzz?  He was an undrafted free agent. What exactly did Buzz do for him?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #445 on: June 01, 2019, 08:14:34 AM »

Wait...Wes doesn’t make it to the nba without Buzz?  He was an undrafted free agent. What exactly did Buzz do for him?

He made Dominic James a PG.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #446 on: June 01, 2019, 08:23:56 AM »

Exactly!!!!   But you know, he “unleashed me”.   ::)
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #447 on: June 01, 2019, 12:33:48 PM »
Y'all got short memories. Crean's da dude wit all dem Association canecktions, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #448 on: June 01, 2019, 12:56:37 PM »

Why are you compelled to insert yourself (and the lies that you repeat time after freaking time) into conversations you're not included in? Obsession is a serious problem - perhaps Fluffy can help.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #449 on: June 01, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »
Why are you compelled to insert yourself (and the lies that you repeat time after freaking time) into conversations you're not included in? Obsession is a serious problem - perhaps Fluffy can help.

I’m not repeating any lie, just exposing your hypocrisy.  Fluffy and I.....that’s fantastic.