[Today at 09:43:37 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Student Id's to get into Gtwon game  (Read 11008 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Student Id's to get into Gtwon game
« on: February 27, 2008, 12:11:20 PM »
i just received an e-mail saying that you need to have a marquette id to get into the student section for the game on saturday, however i have two friends coming to visit and bought them tickets over a week ago. Do they enforce that strongly or is there a way that they can get in without it, or should i contact someone in the ticket office? Thanks for any help.

Knights04

• Walk-On
Re: Student Id's to get into Gtwon game
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 12:15:01 PM »
From past experience, they have only checked IDs on people who are not wearing marquette apparel.  The only time I have seen them check was when a kid was wearing a badger shirt, and they moved some notre dame kids up to the upper deck this year.  So as long as your friends are wearing MU stuff they should be ok.  At least I hope so because I am in the same boat as you.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 12:19:45 PM »
What is the purpose of this? If people have tickets...what difference does it make where they go to school?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 12:34:20 PM »
What is the purpose of this? If people have tickets...what difference does it make where they go to school?

The purpose is to keep other fans out of the Marquette Student Section. A speck of green and/or red can then be moved to the way upper deck. It's a great idea.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:43:02 PM by marqptm »

MUfan2

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »

Does it really need to spelled out for you? The purpose is to keep other fans out of the Marquette Student Section. A speck of green and/or red can then be moved to the way upper deck. It's a great idea.

It does need to be spelled out for PRN, he's not too bright.
"If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here." - Buzz Williams

reinko

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 12:41:31 PM »
Hey PTM,
Been a little ass-clowny as of late with your fellow MU Scoopers...

chill out

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 12:43:50 PM »
nt
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:51:44 PM by marqptm »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 12:46:34 PM »
GO MARQUETTE!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:54:25 PM by reinko »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 12:48:10 PM »
GO MARQUETTE..again

(just correcting a potential thread mis-direction)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:55:19 PM by reinko »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 12:49:43 PM »
WHooooo! Marquette!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:58:18 PM by marqptm »

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »
If you go on the ticketmaster website, which is how students get there tickets, there is a section that states what happens when you forward one of your tickets to someone. Once you have forwarded it, you dont have that ticket. the ticket belongs to who you sent it to, MU student/alum or not. because of this, they shouldnt be restricting anyone access to the student area that has a ticket.

as for them keeping non marquette fans out of the student section i dont think that is why they do it. If you wanted/got a student ticket, its because you are a fan and it shouldnt matter.

i dont remember what they did last year (if memory serves correct, i think they did this at some point).
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

chapman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »
As long as they don't make everyone show an ID, because I also have two friends coming in.  They're bigger MU basketball fans than most students that go to school here are.  Of course, knowing the BC security you can't be sure of anything; we might have to borrow some MU IDs from those not going to be safer.  

I understand the whole thing about keeping Marquette fans in the student section, but do they really expect an invasion from Georgetown fans?  Plus, I don't see anything on the student tickets say they have to be used by students, and the Fanatic Account even says "Forward tickets to friends, family, or clients".  You would think that showing your student section ticket would be all that's required to get someone in the student section, because nothing says a non-student can't use a student section ticket (in fact it seems to say the opposite).  I understand keeping those who have nosebleed tickets from getting to the lower level of the student section or causing trouble in the student section, but checking tickets solves that, not student IDs.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 01:03:40 PM »
I can honestly say that for Wisconsin and Notre Dame, those in red/green were asked for MUIDs. When they couldn't produce them they were booted to the upper deck.

Bilas, you bring up a good point about the Ticketmaster service. It's likely the AD has come up with a way to negate everything that is said on there. I don't think they have the ability to have different printing/forwarding regulations when it comes to the difference between actual seats and the student section.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 01:13:08 PM »
If you go on the ticketmaster website, which is how students get there tickets, there is a section that states what happens when you forward one of your tickets to someone. Once you have forwarded it, you dont have that ticket. the ticket belongs to who you sent it to, MU student/alum or not. because of this, they shouldnt be restricting anyone access to the student area that has a ticket.

I'd be interested to see exactly what it says in its entirety. Student tickets are specially priced for students and only available for sale to students. For that reason, they should not be allowed to sell them or give them to non-students. I am willing to bet something to that effect is made clear at the time of purchase. MU is not making those seats available to students for peanuts, so that the students have the ability to turn around and sell them for a profit, or purchase them on someone else's behalf.  For most Big East games, they would have no problem selling all of the lower level seats for $30 a crack. Getting those discounted seats is a privilege, and thus comes with conditions.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 01:26:27 PM »

I'd be interested to see exactly what it says in its entirety. Student tickets are specially priced for students and only available for sale to students. For that reason, they should not be allowed to sell them or give them to non-students. I am willing to bet something to that effect is made clear at the time of purchase. MU is not making those seats available to students for peanuts, so that the students have the ability to turn around and sell them for a profit, or purchase them on someone else's behalf.  For most Big East games, they would have no problem selling all of the lower level seats for $30 a crack. Getting those discounted seats is a privilege, and thus comes with conditions.

Agreed, I think you 100% correct. They are discounted for students and should stay in the hands of students. If you ask me, the forwarding option should be taken away for student tickets, I just don't think Ticketmaster's system is setup for that.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 01:28:04 PM »
Who cares if there's somebody in the MU student section with a Georgetown tshirt?

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 01:31:44 PM »
Agreed, most the time if you can forward your ticket to someone, then you can give it to them.  Most people forward their tickets over break because they are lazy and don't print them off early.

MUfan2

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 01:32:01 PM »
As long as they don't make everyone show an ID, because I also have two friends coming in.  They're bigger MU basketball fans than most students that go to school here are.  Of course, knowing the BC security you can't be sure of anything; we might have to borrow some MU IDs from those not going to be safer.  

I understand the whole thing about keeping Marquette fans in the student section, but do they really expect an invasion from Georgetown fans?  Plus, I don't see anything on the student tickets say they have to be used by students, and the Fanatic Account even says "Forward tickets to friends, family, or clients".  You would think that showing your student section ticket would be all that's required to get someone in the student section, because nothing says a non-student can't use a student section ticket (in fact it seems to say the opposite).  I understand keeping those who have nosebleed tickets from getting to the lower level of the student section or causing trouble in the student section, but checking tickets solves that, not student IDs.

If I were in your shoes, here is what I'd do just to be safe:
1.  Borrow some ID's of friends that aren't going to the game.  
2.  If all of your friends are going, go get a new ID from the Union.  I think it's $5.  Give them your old ID to use and then passback.  

"If you are making your decision based on climate, you're probably not tough enough to play here." - Buzz Williams

mug644

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 01:35:21 PM »
Might checking id's to get into the student section have something to do with security? That is, the BC and MU both have an interest in trying to prevent any choas, fights or the like that can easily happen when students of opposing schools are together. Still, there should be some recourse for someone who has given tickets to another person, presumably an MU fan, who might not be a student.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 01:36:28 PM »
just hold on to your Marquette ID card after you graduate.  I still have mine, and get discounts at the movies, minor league baseball games, and now it looks like I can get access to the MU student section...

or if you think you can pass for Gold N Eagle, try out this fake...

chapman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »
Might checking id's to get into the student section have something to do with security? That is, the BC and MU both have an interest in trying to prevent any choas, fights or the like that can easily happen when students of opposing schools are together. Still, there should be some recourse for someone who has given tickets to another person, presumably an MU fan, who might not be a student.

Very likely.  But pretty soon, security in the student section will outnumber the students.  Including those at the gates outside each section, I counted at least 20 security people in the lower level of the student section last game. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 01:53:16 PM »
You could try this one?

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 01:59:26 PM »
You could try this one?

3rd one? That's worth nothing. I want the original! :D

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »
Who cares if there's somebody in the MU student section with a Georgetown tshirt?

Because Tom Crean tells us to wear gold, and we are mindless drones.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »
Didn't you guys know the Georgetown student body was planning on traveling the 800 miles to invade Milwaukee?!?!?!

now that we all know diener's MU i.d. #, let's hold his transcript hostage so we can blackmail him! that will make the top 10 on SC

feedback