[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Student Id's to get into Gtwon game  (Read 11010 times)

Wareagle

• Team Captain
Re: Student Id's to get into Gtwon game
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2008, 10:54:42 PM »
I don't know where the $30 for every Big East game comes from,
but I have to believe more people would buy season tickets if they could get lower levels.), plus several more thousand in required B&G Fund donations they do not get from students that they would necessarily get from season ticket holders.

Not true, I just checked and there are still $30 seats available for the FGC game. 

As an aside, I think having the "enemy" in the student section makes for a more energetic crowd.  I distinctly remember a kid wearing a UW shirt walking through the student section and getting razzed more than the opposing team's players during an OOC game this season.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2008, 07:32:33 AM »

Not true, I just checked and there are still $30 seats available for the FGC game. 

You may want to check again. Find me two together in the lower level, and I'll buy them.

San Diego Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2008, 10:45:03 AM »
The only way you get lower level seats for a marquette game in the student section is to show up a minimum of 2 hours before the game and stand in line until the bradley center opens the doors.

As far as whether students should be allowed to sell them?  Students have been selling their tickets for years.  It's just you only get value for the tickets, when the bradley center is sold out.  Which is happenening again more frequently again, like it did when Wade was here.  The only time it happened otherwise was when Cincinatti or Louisville would come in ranked in the top 5 in the country.  Up until recent years, the student tickets would not actually sell out and you could buy additional tickets for $7 a piece.  I would think it's actually gotten more difficult to sell in recent years, now that they switched to paper tickets.  People are a lot more skeptical of buying tickets that can be printed off however many times, than buying an actual ticket. 

Anyways, I do not think student tickets should have a requirement of showing a student id, since the tickets can be sold and forwarded to anyone, which many have already been sold, and the Bradley Center has not required the use of an id for any of the previous games this season.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2008, 11:27:44 AM »
You could try this one?

That's kind of creepy. Any idea how someone got their hands on that?
We Are Marquette

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »
You could try this one?

That's kind of creepy. Any idea how someone got their hands on that?

It was being sold on EBay. There was a story behind it, but it has slipped my mind.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2008, 12:23:15 PM »
Yeah one kid was working in the summer cleaning out apartments and found Travis's ID in the room.  Obviously he put it on E-Bay. 

I think E-Bay took it down before it sold.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2008, 12:27:56 PM »
The only way you get lower level seats for a marquette game in the student section is to show up a minimum of 2 hours before the game and stand in line until the bradley center opens the doors.

wrong! it takes until about a half hour before tip for the lower bowl to be completely filled.  people are not coming as early as they have the previous two years for whatever reason.  I really wish I could look up 15 minutes after gates opened and see people funneling into the upper deck because all the lower bowl seats are filled but this year that simply isn't the case.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2008, 03:41:02 PM »
Yeah one kid was working in the summer cleaning out apartments and found Travis's ID in the room.  Obviously he put it on E-Bay. 

So he had lost his THIRD ID?  If he's that forgetful, I wonder how he made it to all the games on time.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2008, 03:42:50 PM »

So he had lost his THIRD ID?  If he's that forgetful, I wonder how he made it to all the games on time.

managers.
But I like to throw handfuls...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2008, 03:52:15 PM »

managers.

I'm on my third ID. I haven't lost any of them, they get worn out very quickly. Usually the picture will get all faded, not a big deal. But taking it in and out of my wallet causes the barcode to get all jacked up.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »

managers.

I'm on my third ID. I haven't lost any of them, they get worn out very quickly. Usually the picture will get all faded, not a big deal. But taking it in and out of my wallet causes the barcode to get all jacked up.

I graduated in '06, and I've still got my original. Comes in handy for student discounts. But if you think 3 IDs is bad, I have a few friends who were in the teens by the time they were done at MU.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2008, 04:12:36 PM »
"this rule doesn't matter too much. there are at least 20 student tickets for gtown on sale on facebook for at least 20 bucks.  some ppl sold their ND ticket for over 50. it's more than just recouping the cost for some of these students. it's trying to make a profit since a number have attempted to sell multiple tickets, which their parents probably paid for at the beginning of the season."

NOT cynical at all ^_^

Look, bottom line -- in a perfect world, we'd all pay for our own tickets, not let our friends & family use them, and not charge others to turn a profit.
 But the real world is that we don't.  You figure athletics would rather have SOMEbody cheering for MU than a half-empty student section -- which I'm sure they would.
And honestly -- I have a few friends that don't go to all the games (shocker!).  And yes, an extra $3.98 ticket per missed game per fanatic that isn't sold or used by someone else probably won't make for the price differential of someone selling those seats for profit or MU/BC selling those seats at premium price. 

BUT -- caveat-- obviously the turnaround selling phenom hasn't become enough of a problem to warrant MU Athletics' attention, yes?

Yeah, the "be prepared to show ID" clause sucks, but c'mon, we can all look the MU fan part, right??  Obviously the BC security lets older folk in the SS (lower bowl too ?) from time to time, they probably aren't fooled by all the 40-60yos (although I know it's never too late to be a student again ;) )

Bottom Line:  I'm sure we aren't supposed to sell or forward our unused tickets, but MU would be very sad to see those seats empty.

feedback