'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024-25 Outlook  (Read 6568 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
2024-25 Outlook
« on: April 12, 2024, 10:24:24 AM »
Now that we have the good news that Kam is returning, it appears as MU has a very solid foundation to build off as we head into 2024-25 Season.

Shaka's approach to roster building , primarily through High School Talent,  is definitely playing off. MU will be a seasoned team with experience in Big Games.

Our three Seniors Kam, Stevie and Jop all are positioned to have Excellent Senior Season.

Two Juniors, Chase and Gold have shown continuous improvement , as upper classmen they should have even more game impact.

Another Junior, Jones The Younger, should be ready to go by Conference Season and will provide that defensive spark the team missed in his absence.

Two Sophomore, Zaide and Tre, were able to experience playing in meaningful Big East games and are poised to make the Classic Freshman to Sophomore jump

Another Sophomore, Caedin spent the season practicing against Oso , and that should have him well prepared to assume some rotation minutes. Comments from his teammates indicate he will be ready. We know he is a solid passer and rebounder, which will be helpful when he does get time.

As always , My expectations' for  freshman are limited, generally it seems that one will emerge early in the rotation and a second will get some time toward the end of conference season. So the two Prospects we have coming in should make a modest contribution but it won't be something we have to rely on.

Wild Cards are Al and Transfers. Remains to be seen if Al can make a meaningful jump from non rotation freshman to sophomore. If he can make that move it is a big plus.

Shake and Staff will be looking at Portal Folks. If they can bring in a Seasoned Center that would be a plus and would not impact the roster dynamic much , as Ben could move to 4 and Jop to 3.

Used to think we need a Point Guard Transfer , but with Kam coming back, I feel very comfortable that he can run the offense well. 

Would prefer the Pre- Season Schedule to be more middle of the road, not too weak but not too tough as it would help this squad to get wins under their belt.

Big East is losing a lot of players, but I am confident a lot of quality transfers will come into the League as well . So holding our position toward top of league will be a lot of work, but achievable.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 09:41:58 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: 2024-25 Outlook
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 10:31:20 AM »
Did you miss the 7 page 'Next Season" thread right next to this one? 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 10:31:48 AM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 10:32:43 AM »
Now that we have the good news that Kam is returning, it appears as MU has a very solid to build off as we head into 2024-25 Season.

Shaka's approach to roster building , primarily through High School Talent,  is definitely playing off. MU will be a seasoned team with experience in Big Games.

Our three Seniors Kam, Stevie and Jop all are positioned to have Excellent Senior Season.

Two Juniors, Chase and Gold have shown continuous improvement , as upper classmen they should have even more game impact.

Another Junior, Jones The Younger, should be ready to go by Conference Season and will provide that defensive spark the team missed in his absence.

Two Sophomore, Zaide and Tre, were able to experience playing in meaningful Big East games and are poised to make the Classic Freshman to Sophomore jump

Another Sophomore, Caedin spent the season practicing against Oso , and that should have him well prepared to assume some rotation minutes. Comments from his teammates indicate he will be ready. We know he is a solid passer and rebounder, which will be helpful when he does get time.

As always , My expectations' for  freshman are limited, generally it seems that one will emerge early in the rotation and a second will get some time toward the end of conference season. So the two Prospects we have coming in should make a modest contribution but it won't be something we have to rely on.

Wild Cards are Al and Transfers. Remains to be seen if Al can make a meaningful jump from non rotation freshman to sophomore. If he can make that move it is a big plus.

Shake and Staff will be looking at Portal Folks. If they can bring in a Seasoned Center that would be a plus and would not impact the roster dynamic much , as Ben could move to 4 and Jop to 3.

Used to think we need a Point Guard Transfer , but with Kam coming back, I feel very comfortable that he can run the offense well. 

Would prefer the Pre- Season Schedule to be more middle of the road, not too weak but not too tough as it would help this squad to get wins under their belt.

Big East is losing a lot of players, but I am confident a lot of quality transfers will come into the League as well . So holding our position toward top of league will be a lot of work, but achievable.

Do the capitalized first letters of random words in here have a hidden code to them?  That's the only possible thing anyone who comes to MUScoop could learn from this boilerplate post.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 10:35:56 AM »
I'm more and more convinced that Herman is just a bot.  The lack of ability to read threads.  The spelling errors, the random capitalization, the weird spacing. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 10:36:59 AM »
Starters:
G - Kam and Stevie and Chase
Bigs - Ben and Jop

Reserves:
G - Tre and Zaide and Sean when he returns... with a splash of DO
Bigs - Al, Cade, with a splash of Royce

Honestly, we don't NEED a portal player, but if Shaka finds someone who wants to win and play within the team system I'd be fine with it.  Need someone who buys in though.

Don_Kojis

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 11:17:58 AM »
Kam is better as a 2 who can catch the pass and pop.  He can play point some time.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 11:21:30 AM »
I'm more and more convinced that Herman is just a bot.  The lack of ability to read threads.  The spelling errors, the random capitalization, the weird spacing.

Well, the man did die 4-years ago.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2024, 11:43:04 AM »
Kam is better as a 2 who can catch the pass and pop.  He can play point some time.
100%. Kam at the 2? Bingo. At the 1? sure…if necessary.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2024, 12:16:46 PM »
I don't love Outlook. Gmail/Gsuite is much easier to work with than microsoft 360 bs.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2024, 12:18:13 PM »
I will stick my good neck out and say the outlook is excellent.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2024, 12:26:58 PM »
I will stick my good neck out and say the outlook is excellent.

No point guard, no center, coach is interviewing with SEC schools, no portal transfers in, our season ended early because all we do is chuck 3s. The sky is falling.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2024, 12:53:26 PM »
Did you miss the 7 page 'Next Season" thread right next to this one?

In his defense, few scoop threads are still on topic after page 3.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2024, 12:54:43 PM »
In his defense, few scoop threads are still on topic after POST 3.
Fify
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2024, 12:58:22 PM »
In his defense, few scoop threads are still on topic after page 3.

No, he’s just a dope

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2024, 01:21:34 PM »

He is Not a Bot. It is ridiculous That You would Say such a Mean Thing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2024, 08:02:10 PM »
Absolutely. He will wear down playing point.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2024, 08:05:57 PM »
No he won't. Good lord.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2024, 08:11:28 PM »
No he won't. Good lord.

He’s too fat to play PG

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2024, 08:33:17 PM »
No, he’s just a dope
I've long posited that he is some sort of sad performance artist.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2024, 08:51:26 PM »
Absolutely. He will wear down playing point.

Why?

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2024, 12:17:09 AM »
Kam Jones sure seemed pretty good when thrust into the PG role for high leverage games in March with zero advance preparation. I'd maybe bet on continued improvement from the incoming Big East POY contender rather than consistently assume the worst of every player on one of the best teams in Marquette history.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2024, 06:00:28 AM »
Starters:
G - Kam and Stevie and Chase
Bigs - Ben and Jop

Reserves:
G - Tre and Zaide and Sean when he returns... with a splash of DO
Bigs - Al, Cade, with a splash of Royce

Honestly, we don't NEED a portal player, but if Shaka finds someone who wants to win and play within the team system I'd be fine with it.  Need someone who buys in though.
That line up is not awe inspiring. Hope the incoming recruits step up. Otherwise we are mid pack in BEast while Hurley continues to rule.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2024, 06:27:07 AM »
That line up is not awe inspiring. Hope the incoming recruits step up. Otherwise we are mid pack in BEast while Hurley continues to rule.

Mid pack? Not a chance. I would guess around third.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2024, 06:28:04 AM »
What are you seeing that all of the national pundits are missing?