Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 17374 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Next Season
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2024, 05:00:39 PM »
TK is gone

But the reason most still kick around the idea that he may return rather than Oso is because its been known that this year was always Oso last year where as TK has been pretty consistent over the last two season in at least kicking around the idea of using a 5th year

Tyler is not gone. Will go through the NBA evaluation process like Omax did and then decide. Very fact-based and rational. Shaka will wait like he did for Justin and Omax.

Despite what the Scoop intelligencia says, if you are in the grey NBA grey area, there is big money to be made for an AA to return. Especially with the uncertainty with international players. Call it plan A and Plan A.1.

Now do I think he is gone? Yeah because I think he sticks in the NBA in the right PnR system.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2024, 05:03:24 PM »
Tyler is not gone. Will go through the NBA evaluation process like Omax did and then decide. Very fact-based and rational. Shaka will wait like he did for Justin and Omax.

Despite what the Scoop intelligencia says, if you are in the grey NBA grey area, there is big money to be made for an AA to return. Especially with the uncertainty with international players. Call it plan A and Plan A.1.

Now do I think he is gone? Yeah because I think he sticks in the NBA in the right PnR system.
This year is a weaker class, more competition next year in the draft.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2024, 05:10:05 PM »
🤦🏼‍♂️
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2024, 05:15:13 PM »
But not a lot.  Assuming Kam returns and no mass defections, a starting line up of Kam, Chase, Stevie, Joplin, and Gold is one that is legit top 15.  Zaide and Tre improve, two out of the 4 of Caedin, Amadou, Parham and Owens step up, and suddenly it is a nine deep team with more size and plenty of versatility.

Sean is a wild card.

I have been saying for months that I wasn't scared of next year.   Some fall off, but lots of potential, too.
Just wildly optimistic. top 15 line up? You’re making some serious assumptions where multiple guys make SIGNIFICANT improvements over the summer.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 05:19:05 PM by Johnny B »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2024, 05:16:52 PM »
If Kam is back, which I am expecting, top 15 sounds about right to me. Who knows, maybe Shaka surprises us and we get a nice portal addition.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2024, 05:20:53 PM »

No he gone.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2024, 05:25:19 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2024, 05:33:12 PM »
Just wildly optimistic. top 15 line up? You’re making some serious assumptions where multiple guys make SIGNIFICANT improvements over the summer.
I am.  I trust Shaka, trust the process, and trust the players.  Pre-NIL and instant eligibility, every season some would despair about who was leaving and some would look forward to the young guys stepping  up.  A reasonable guess can be made about which side I came down on.  I am looking forward with optimism to see which young guys emerge.   

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2024, 05:38:31 PM »
I would not bet money either way on TK coming back or not. Some variables in the decision due to NIL. Fortunately, Shaka has built a culture that kids might actually care about their legacy more than at other schools. If TK came back, he climbs the ladder of all time greats at a great basketball school. Crazier things have happened.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2024, 09:53:40 PM »
Fanta definitely not COLE
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

tower912

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2024, 09:54:25 PM »
Apparently, Fanta and I are simpatico.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2024, 11:06:52 PM »
If Kam comes back, we could have the Big East's leading scorer and best perimeter defender. And I trust Shaka to continue to be able to develop players so that a couple/few of Ross, Gold, Lowery and Norman are substantially better next season.

I don't know about #10 because I don't know what other teams will look like, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're a lot better than many Scoopers think we'll be.

If Kam joins Kolek and Oso out the door ... never mind. At least until we see who Shaka brings in.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 12:07:25 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American

jimmybutlerfanatic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2024, 11:20:01 PM »
I'll say it since no one else here will.

THERE IS NOT 1 PLAYER ON THE 2023/24 ROSTER THAT IS NBA READY. NOT 1.

At best the 3 that are most ready are a minimum of 1 year of college ball away and probably all 3 are G-League after next year.

If you truly think and believe through the lenses of your blue and gold colored glasses that this team has 3 NBA players on it then why don't they resemble a team like, I don't know, UCONN, who legitimately has NBA players on their roster?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2024, 11:20:16 PM »
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2024, 11:25:32 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2024, 11:29:25 PM »

At best the 3 that are most ready are a minimum of 1 year of college ball away and probably all 3 are G-League after next year.

If you truly think and believe through the lenses of your blue and gold colored glasses that this team has 3 NBA players on it then why don't they resemble a team like, I don't know, UCONN, who legitimately has NBA players on their roster?

Not all NBA draftees are the same.

UCONN has 5 players in mock drafts, 2 in the top 10.

Colorado has 3 NBA players, we beat them.

Kentucky probably has 4, they lost in the first round.

and on and on.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2024, 12:08:02 AM »

Cool. Pick us to finish 9th in the Big East then.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2024, 04:19:16 AM »
People leaving/staying isn't going to matter if we can't fix our one major problem which was rebounding. The offense will likely be fine, but we will once again be undersized and crushed on the glass. If Shaka goes to the portal hopefully it is to fix issues that can't be fixed with the current roster.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2024, 05:43:09 AM »

Hmmmmm...in that poll UConn is 4. Even though many here are predicting they are losing much of their talent.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2024, 05:49:25 AM »
I am offended that these way too early polls aren't doom and gloom. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2024, 06:33:26 AM »
Hmmmmm...in that poll UConn is 4. Even though many here are predicting they are losing much of their talent.

They're losing four starters, at least. Doesn't mean they won't reload like this year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2024, 07:12:18 AM »

I also think Tyler goes. But those indicating it's a settled debate are being premature. I side with Doc here.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2024, 07:39:09 AM »