[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Shaka interview by MUbiz
[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 15778 times)

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
Re: Next Season
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2024, 02:44:18 PM »
All this talk of Kam being gone - you guys must have missed the press conference yesterday. He thanked Oso and Tyler for their contributions and setting the bar in terms of culture and said, "it's time for us to continue that culture into next year".

Kam is back.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2024, 02:47:59 PM »
All this talk of Kam being gone - you guys must have missed the press conference yesterday. He thanked Oso and Tyler for their contributions and setting the bar in terms of culture and said, "it's time for us to continue that culture into next year".

Kam is back.

I noticed that as well but really don’t think it means anything, especially minutes after a brutal loss.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2024, 02:55:50 PM »
I noticed that as well but really don’t think it means anything, especially minutes after a brutal loss.

Agreed - he’ll go through the NBA evaluation and see what kind of feedback he gets before making a decision.

Don_Kojis

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2024, 05:18:50 PM »
Think we will be about 5-6 in next years big east.   Ben isn't a center.  He needs to get tougher and get stronger hands.  He lost alot of rebounds this year.
Stevie should practice about 100 3 pts shots a day in the summer.
Jolpin should practice dribbling, ft's.  Getting quicker.
Tre has to practice outside shooting.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2024, 05:21:06 PM »
Think we will be about 5-6 in next years big east.   Ben isn't a center.  He needs to get tougher and get stronger hands.  He lost alot of rebounds this year.
Stevie should practice about 100 3 pts shots a day in the summer.
Jolpin should practice dribbling, ft's.  Getting quicker.
Tre has to practice outside shooting.

I have us at 9 unless Stevie takes 200 3’s a day, then I have them at 8
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2024, 05:23:56 PM »
I use UConn as the benchmark. I had them as repeat champs from day 1. Hurley has it rolling and simply reloads. So…What will we have next season to stay with UConn? For me, that’s the question.

You don’t simply replace a Clingan - he is the ultimate game changer for them - they will be good once again, but will take a step back.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2024, 05:28:13 PM »
You don’t simply replace a Clingan - he is the ultimate game changer for them - they will be good once again, but will take a step back.

UConn will revert back to their 2022-2023 level of play...

Viper

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2024, 05:37:06 PM »
Fair points regarding Kam. He’ll go through the process, obviously.

I don’t see a team promising to take him in the 1st. So is being a potential 2nd rounder enough?  It certainly could be but I think there’s a solid chance he’s back.

Of course there’s a solid chance I’m completely wrong.
Kam’s current situation reminds me some of your moniker…Vander Blue. Wasn’t Vander Blue getting feedback of going late 1st or 2nd? Didn’t get drafted…ended up a G-League mvp, btw, but not more than a cup of coffee in the Association? Hopefully, if Kam goes through the advice process, said advice is sound. I want him back, of course,  but understand if he goes pro if projected as a draft pick.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2024, 05:47:09 PM »

Only if they can bring Clingan off the bench.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2024, 06:00:03 PM »
Creighton, Hall, X, UConn are all retooling, so is MU and St. John’s, league wide open for next year, MU adds any offensive player they will be fine.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2024, 06:23:33 PM »
Kam’s current situation reminds me some of your moniker…Vander Blue. Wasn’t Vander Blue getting feedback of going late 1st or 2nd? Didn’t get drafted…ended up a G-League mvp, btw, but not more than a cup of coffee in the Association? Hopefully, if Kam goes through the advice process, said advice is sound. I want him back, of course,  but understand if he goes pro if projected as a draft pick.

Vander was pretty much done with school regardless of the feedback.  Most projected him to be undrafted.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2024, 06:27:58 PM »

That feedback was from his own head. If all 3 leave, really hope they all get drafted. Would be a huge bummer if Kam left and went undrafted.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2024, 06:39:30 PM »
I know Kam will make an educated decision with his family and Shaka based on the feedback he receives.

I wonder if how things have gone for Justin Lewis will have any impact. Probably not but it’s not that different of a situation.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2024, 06:54:13 PM »
Vander

I could be wrong, but I think you always take the first chance you get to make the league. The gamble of coming back seems high to me, but time will tell.

I mean the bigger gamble could easily be going pro(hence the need for feed back)

TK is gone. Thats a lot of NIL money open for Kam. He can make a lot of money coming back. Hes guaranteed nothing if hes a 2nd rounder in money or opportunity. See Lewis, Justin(and he was right to go).
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2024, 06:58:07 PM »

Kam is back.

I dont think it means everything. But I know his intention right now is to be back. If he gets some crazy guarantee or kills it in the draft process, sure he could go.

But right now its much more likely hes back.

Stevie made a comment in a interview I think with Fanta before the tourney alluding to it as well.

And I keep saying it. People really under estimate that friendship. Kam isnt gonna toss a professional career away for it. But hes also not gonna make an irrational decision to leave either.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2024, 06:59:44 PM »
I mean the bigger gamble could easily be going pro(hence the need for feed back)

TK is gone. Thats a lot of NIL money open for Kam. He can make a lot of money coming back. Hes guaranteed nothing if hes a 2nd rounder in money or opportunity. See Lewis, Justin(and he was right to go).

Yep, and Justin going undrafted was a surprise.  And then the terrible luck of tearing an ACL.

Agree completely regarding the NIL opportunities if Kam comes back both because he’d be the clear go-to guy on the team plus he’s just a really likable, fun dude.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2024, 07:04:58 PM »
I should also add, since over the last two years people have tossed in the "if Kam doesnt transfer" possibility as well.

I can say with 100% certainty. There is a better chance he flat out doesnt even go through draft process and returns to MU then he transfers somehwere.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2024, 08:03:32 PM »
They are losing their top 5 or 6 players, which is more than we are. We should have a head start on them. Our incoming classes are very similar. It’ll be interesting to see what both programs do in the offseason to remain BE contenders next year. You can probably throw Creighton in there as well in terms of being in a similar position.
Care to wager on which team fares better next year?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2024, 11:34:34 AM »
Care to wager on which team fares better next year?

We know you'll be rooting for uconn
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2024, 11:58:20 AM »
Creighton, Hall, X, UConn are all retooling, so is MU and St. John’s, league wide open for next year, MU adds any offensive player they will be fine.
think they need to add 2 studs, not just any offensive player.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2024, 12:19:09 PM »
think they need to add 2 studs, not just any offensive player.

Agreed.  If Kam comes back, need 2 impact portal transfers. An experienced big and point guard. That would keeps us top 25 next year top 3 Big East.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2024, 12:41:38 PM »
Agreed.  If Kam comes back, need 2 impact portal transfers. An experienced big and point guard. That would keeps us top 25 next year top 3 Big East.

If Kam comes back I think they can be a top 25'ish team with no impact portal transfers. 

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2024, 12:54:29 PM »
If Kam comes back I think they can be a top 25'ish team with no impact portal transfers.

Top 10 if Kam comeback and he adds a scorer

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2024, 12:59:01 PM »
A lot depends on T+ Z producing as Sophs and what we pick up out of the portal. I do expect good things out of Ben

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2024, 01:19:24 PM »

Exactly. Shaka will reload next year.

feedback