[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Watched CU Game Again  (Read 1465 times)

rgoode57

• Starter
Watched CU Game Again
« on: March 27, 2024, 11:35:52 AM »
I watched the Colorado game again last night and offer the following thoughts:

1. That was a great basketball game. Intense, high levels of play on both sides, well officiated, etc. - just a great game to watch.

2. MU refused to lose. Huge grit and determination.

3. Shaka only used seven players and, with the intensity and fast pace, Oso, Jop, Kolek, and Stevie were pretty well out of gas at the end.

4. Jop and Chase were fantastic. Really nice to see Jop continuing to improve and to see Chase get his aggressiveness and energy back. They both made huge contributions.

5. Some people have criticized Oso's play, and I don't understand why. They guy played nearly the entire game (I think he got one or two minutes of rest), worked his ass off on defense and did not let Lampkin become a major factor, hit some big shots, etc. Yes, he made two bad passes and fumbled away a ball under the basket. So what? In fast-paced games, mistakes happen.  Oso played just fine.

6. Freshmen didn't play because Shaka was taking no chances with them in that game? I was sort of disappointed since I think the experience could have really helped them, but I also understand Shaka's thinking.

7. I knew this team was mentally tough, but they may be even tougher than I thought. Last season plus a tough schedule this year have really helped them.

Bahama

• Walk-On
Re: Watched CU Game Again
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 11:44:00 AM »
Attending in-person, my ass was clenched for the entire second half. I agree that Oso was not as big of a liability that game as some people stated. He was there when we needed him most.

That fast break blunder by Joplin sort of ruined the game he was having for me, but otherwise he had a great performance. Chase, Kam, and TKO were unstoppable around the rim. We barely missed any shots from the paint all game.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 12:51:42 PM »
Good recap. I guess while you don’t know why people criticized Oso’s game, I don’t understand this need to defend him from any criticism. He didn’t have a great game. It happens. That said you hope your best players play well in the most important games. He had multiple turnovers (one at a very crucial point of the game) and finished with 1 rebound. We need more from him and I’m confident we’ll get it.
No Finish Line

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 01:49:45 PM »
Oso had a very below average game. 1 rebound? At this stage of the season, every opponent is very good, and you have to get quality play from your go to guys. We have not been getting that from Oso starting with BEast championship game through the dance. He absolutely must step up!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 01:56:58 PM »
How many quality box outs that led to one of 5 TKO boards, 5 Ross boards, or 4 Kam boards? Oso was the one putting a body on Lampkin every time.  Preventing him from getting an offensive rebound is just as good as grabbing one yourself, it just doesn't show up in a box score.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 02:00:24 PM »
Oso had a pedestrian game by his standards. We will need more than that if this team is going to achieve their goals.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 02:01:34 PM »
I think the game circumstances got the freshmen. With how they were cooking he didn't want to disrupt the flow in the first half, but the game tightened up so quickly he probably didn't feel like it was the best opportunity to get them minutes.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 03:13:58 PM »
How many quality box outs that led to one of 5 TKO boards, 5 Ross boards, or 4 Kam boards? Oso was the one putting a body on Lampkin every time.  Preventing him from getting an offensive rebound is just as good as grabbing one yourself, it just doesn't show up in a box score.

I learned how valuable this skill is watching Brook Lopez.  He has mastered it, and gets far fewer rebounds than you would think because of it.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024, 03:16:38 PM »
What impressed me on the rewatch was that every time Colorado took a lead or tied the game, we made the next basket. Not always on the ensuing possession, but we always got the next score. Our game control was very high.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2024, 03:37:24 PM »

This. I watched this closely as I had bets on his rebounding overs in both tourney games (he had 6 or 7 in the first half of WK and only 1 or 2 in the 2nd half).

In both games he caused a TON of MU rebounds, Joplin was the main beneficiary in the WK game. He almost always cleared out the lane without ever jumping. Having said that, he did have me wondering a bit about the health of the knee. On the typical jump ball rebound opportunities he seemed tentative and much more prone than usual to try to tap/swat the ball out to the perimeter on balls that seemed like he could have just grabbed. I know he’s excellent at that, it just caught my eye as unnecessary a little more than usual.

Otherwise I completely agree that this is a bit overblown. He had a very efficient game vs CU. Not his best but we dont win that game without him

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2024, 03:43:03 PM »
This. I watched this closely as I had bets on his rebounding overs in both tourney games (he had 6 or 7 in the first half of WK and only 1 or 2 in the 2nd half).

In both games he caused a TON of MU rebounds, Joplin was the main beneficiary in the WK game. He almost always cleared out the lane without ever jumping. Having said that, he did have me wondering a bit about the health of the knee. On the typical jump ball rebound opportunities he seemed tentative and much more prone than usual to try to tap/swat the ball out to the perimeter on balls that seemed like he could have just grabbed. I know he’s excellent at that, it just caught my eye as unnecessary a little more than usual.

Otherwise I completely agree that this is a bit overblown. He had a very efficient game vs CU. Not his best but we dont win that game without him
Are you saying Oso put some money down on the under for this prop bet?

This will probably be the last year for these type of prop bets in the NCAa. Many states have outlawed them

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2024, 03:45:16 PM »
I blame the law dogs

Kam's overs have been a certainty ever since Tyler got hurt

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2024, 03:48:10 PM »
What impressed me on the rewatch was that every time Colorado took a lead or tied the game, we made the next basket. Not always on the ensuing possession, but we always got the next score. Our game control was very high.

Excellent point.  And we would usually score quickly.  Even the announcers were amazed at how fast would go down and score after a made basket. That really helped MU from losing momentum.  It was a huge plus .

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2024, 03:58:55 PM »

A couple of his buckets were very timely, too.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2024, 04:17:26 PM »
Oso had a very below average game. 1 rebound? At this stage of the season, every opponent is very good, and you have to get quality play from your go to guys. We have not been getting that from Oso starting with BEast championship game through the dance. He absolutely must step up!
There's the Dung Slinger!

Not to be confused with ex-Green Bay QB the Dong Slinger.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback