[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] NC State Preview  (Read 3830 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
[Cracked Sidewalks] NC State Preview
« on: March 25, 2024, 08:00:59 PM »
50 years ago tonight, NC State defeated Marquette 76-64 to win their first national championship. This week, Marquette looks for revenge. After a quick mental health check due to the Colorado game, we break down the Wolfpack roster, strategy, and where Marquette can take advantage. Here's your primer for Friday's game.

NC State Preview
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] NC State Preview
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 08:48:55 PM »
I think it's worth noting that Diarra is observing Ramadan. 6pm tip, 745pm sunset in Dallas.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article286646410.html

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 10:19:00 PM »
Wait a minute....wait one minute...what I want to know is can they shoot free throws!!  ::)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 10:28:06 PM by FairWeatherEagle »

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 10:19:40 PM »
Seriously, thanks for the rundown...these are always helpful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 10:25:37 PM »
Wait a minute....wait one minute...what I want to know is can they shoot free throws!!

When the refs hand them twice as many FTs as their opponents, they seem to do okay.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 07:19:07 AM »
When the refs hand them twice as many FTs as their opponents, they seem to do okay.

Providence or UW of the ACC. Kam got 4 fouls against Colorado. IIRC Oso got two quick fouls against Purdue. So the key is to stay out of foul trouble, and not let the zebras decide the game.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 07:23:25 AM by muwarrior69 »

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 08:25:02 AM »
Thanks Brew.  I was nervous before the Colorado game as well.  I thought it was going to be close and didn’t want it to be the last game for this team.  They’ve been a transformational team for MU and have ushered in the Shaka era.  There is a pride with this team and going out in the round of 32 would have been a shame.  It also allowed many people I know who are not MU fans to watch them.  I’ve gotten many texts saying how great our backcourt is “that Kolek and Kam kid can play”.  Hell, my daughter got asked to the Prom with a sign with an MU basketball theme because he knew she was following MU ball closely.  It’s good for the university to have these excellent representatives continue to advance and showcase their talents and MU.

I think they and Shaka had a huge weight on their shoulders as well.  I, like other posters have stated, think their best basketball is ahead of them.  I can’t see them losing this game.  They will be laser focused on the task at hand.  One of the great things about having a veteran team. 

Go MU!

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 08:52:43 AM »
Providence or UW of the ACC. Kam got 4 fouls against Colorado. IIRC Oso got two quick fouls against Purdue. So the key is to stay out of foul trouble, and not let the zebras decide the game.

I think the key is to outscore them at the final buzzer. How we do that is immaterial. Obsessing about any single factor in a basketball game among the many is just that-obsessing.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Sturgeon General Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 09:39:36 AM »
The key will be containing Diarrha. He's their #2 option, very explosive

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2024, 09:48:52 AM »
Bravo.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 09:51:53 AM »
The dreaded Diarrha-Burns combo.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2024, 10:02:21 AM »
Is this a Tower burner account?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2024, 10:14:20 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2024, 10:44:01 AM »
I think it's worth noting that Diarra is observing Ramadan. 6pm tip, 745pm sunset in Dallas.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article286646410.html

Maybe the first player weve ever played you'd rather see running up and down the court than in any foul trouble to recuperate.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2024, 11:09:01 AM »

Cut the crap Sturgeon. The important thing is that we do let Diarra lead NC State on runs.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 11:10:55 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 11:46:01 AM »

Hopefully they stop doing that like they have in the last 7 games and their free throw rate on offense and defense go back to where they came from.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 12:08:19 PM »
Cut the crap Sturgeon. The important thing is that we do let Diarra lead NC State on runs.

We should have Diarra meet Willie and they can talk dung
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2024, 12:12:25 PM »
If that happened, it would be dodderer's and Diarras
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2024, 02:14:18 PM »
massive presence listed at 6'9", 275 pounds but likely even more imposing than that

Very nice way of saying “heavier.”  When i was in college i weighed 150 lbs but I’ve become even more imposing after twenty years of not working out.

GoldenEaglePAC

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2024, 12:17:21 AM »
Very nice way of saying “heavier.”  When i was in college i weighed 150 lbs but I’ve become even more imposing after twenty years of not working out.

saw Burns playing in the ACC championship after the BET championship and i thought a linebacker was playing by accident.  man he is no joke, we have our work cut out for us.

Hate to break it to you guys, there are two Diarras!! (Uconn and nc state)

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2024, 08:23:08 AM »
saw Burns playing in the ACC championship after the BET championship and i thought a linebacker was playing by accident.  man he is no joke, we have our work cut out for us.

Hate to break it to you guys, there are two Diarras!! (Uconn and nc state)

If they go on runs at the same time, it is like a car with dual exhausts.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2024, 08:33:11 AM »

JFC people, he's just big and has some skills. He didn't even make honorable mention All-ACC teams.

People are making him out to be some super freak of nature or something like that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2024, 08:44:14 AM »
JFC people, he's just big and has some skills. He didn't even make honorable mention All-ACC teams.

People are making him out to be some super freak of nature or something like that.
IMHO...bigs that can't protect the rim or rebound are exactly the type of big that MU wants to deal with.  Clinghan and Kalkbrenner pose a huge issue for MU...Burns is just huge. 

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2024, 09:01:26 AM »
Its going to take an A+ game from NC State against a C game from Marquette to even make this a game in my opinion. If we play out B game we should win by double digits

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2024, 09:04:49 AM »
IMHO...bigs that can't protect the rim or rebound are exactly the type of big that MU wants to deal with.  Clinghan and Kalkbrenner pose a huge issue for MU...Burns is just huge. 

His passing when Marquette doubles may be concerning. But yeah, I completely agree with you.

Its going to take an A+ game from NC State against a C game from Marquette to even make this a game in my opinion. If we play out B game we should win by double digits

Yes. And a way that can happen is if DJ Horne goes off. That's the DJ I am mostly concerned with.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback