[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Donovan: Sunshine Superman  (Read 5060 times)

wisblue

• All American
Re: Donovan: Sunshine Superman
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2024, 07:55:55 PM »
I have really enjoyed this team the last two years.

I hope people can keep their emotions in check if the NCAA tournament doesn’t go the way they want. There are no guarantees and we have no idea what kind of physical condition some of the key players are going to be in.

I hope I never meet some of the people here who are trashing on any of these players because they aren’t living up to YOUR expectations.

I hope this team can have some success in the NCAA tournament, but I won’t think less of them if they don’t.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2024, 07:56:03 PM »
This game was lost when MU didn’t take advantage of an awful start by UConn. Could have pounced early but had nothing.

I thought about this, but just feel that UConn would have gotten rolling anyway. That start was in our favor.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2024, 07:57:35 PM »
Didn't know Sean would be guarding Clingan. 

Sean absolutely would have helped without TKO available.

They would have sagged off of him. The only way he has consistently gotten involved has been driving. He's hit a couple big shots, but feel like he'd have been an offensive liability today.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2024, 07:58:03 PM »

I hope people can keep their emotions in check if the NCAA tournament doesn’t go the way they want. There are no guarantees and we have no idea what kind of physical condition some of the key players are going to be in.

I hope I never meet some of the people here who are trashing on any of these players because they aren’t living up to YOUR expectations.

I hope this team can have some success in the NCAA tournament, but I won’t think less of them if they don’t.
Mark this down.  You and I agree.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2024, 07:58:56 PM »
Who the hell knows. Maybe there’s a conservation don’t play Tyler unless needed vs the 15 seed

I was thinking the very same. Conversation?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2024, 07:59:15 PM »
Any other game, Sean is useful. But a 5'7" non shooter against a 7'2" baboon? Nah

More depth, point. No, he’s not taking on Clingan.  Alleviate the stress and let Kam play off the ball more.

The defense was fine tonight.  They needed the offense to be elite
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2024, 07:59:32 PM »
UConn has spurtability.  You can hang with them but they’re as explosive as any team in the nation.  You’ll have to match them offensively.

They’re my pick to win it all.  Best offense in the nation.  Good enough defense.

Thought Marquette did the best they could but had to rely too much on UConn missing. 

Learned a lot about Marquette this past week.  Heart and determination.  Proud to be a fan of this team.  Handled Kolek right.  Love their chances the rest of the month.  Been a joy to watch them

Outstanding post, Unk. Agree with every word, including UConn being the top choice to win it all.

We hung in there till the 20%-shooting unknown guy started banking in 3s, but we simply didn't have enough tonight. Proud of Shaka and the guys. On to bigger and better things.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2024, 07:59:36 PM »
Good tournament for Zaide and Tre. We got two good ones.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2024, 08:00:16 PM »

Agreed.  I am also bullish on this team moving forward.  Keep swinging
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2024, 08:02:45 PM »
UConn has spurtability.  You can hang with them but they’re as explosive as any team in the nation.  You’ll have to match them offensively.

They’re my pick to win it all.  Best offense in the nation.  Good enough defense.

Thought Marquette did the best they could but had to rely too much on UConn missing. 

Learned a lot about Marquette this past week.  Heart and determination.  Proud to be a fan of this team.  Handled Kolek right.  Love their chances the rest of the month.  Been a joy to watch them

Wow, Rico! I didn't know you could be non-ironic.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2024, 08:03:00 PM »
This game was lost when MU didn’t take advantage of an awful start by UConn. Could have pounced early but had nothing.
correct 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2024, 08:05:10 PM »
Oso is hurt as well????  WTF.

Maybe he got dinged a little, but there was no reason for him to be out there down the stretch anyway. He was dominated at both ends by Clingan (22 points to 8, 16 rebounds to 3). At least Gold could give us some offense. Just wasn’t Oso’s night, had trouble with the physicality of tonight’s game.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2024, 08:06:26 PM »
Good tournament for Zaide and Tre. We got two good ones.
Agree.
I'm optimistic on Owens and Parham. Things are looking good.
Concerns about PG and C next year. Hoping SS will discover the portal.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2024, 08:07:44 PM »
Oso was limping up and down the floor.  He missed one last shot, the game continued to slip away, Oso sat.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2024, 08:08:55 PM »
Maybe he got dinged a little, but there was no reason for him to be out there down the stretch anyway. He was dominated at both ends by Clingan (22 points to 8, 16 rebounds to 3). At least Gold could give us some offense. Just wasn’t Oso’s night, had trouble with the physicality of tonight’s game.
Actually, Oso was not guarding Clinigan. He was mostly out on top bothering Newton.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2024, 08:09:40 PM »

Good post.

The next issue will be if Shaka can get into Sweet 16, something he has not done since his Final Four in 2011, 13 years ago.
He has gone nine straight without winning first two games.  Hopefully the jinx will be over. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2024, 08:10:45 PM »
Actually, Oso was not guarding Clinigan. He was mostly out on top bothering Newton.
One of the by products of switching 1-5 and challenging the 3 pt line.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2024, 08:11:05 PM »

Alternated between the two. They both had double doubles.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2024, 08:12:37 PM »

The last time the teams played, Oso took it right to Clingan. Several times, he used his side or arms to push Clingan back and then scored over him with jump-hooks. Not sure why Oso seemed to shy away from contact this time.

I like to think he'll be physically fine after 5 days off. Assuming Kolek's back and ready to roll, the biggest health concern is probably gonna be Stevie's shoulder.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2024, 08:17:36 PM »
I'm going to be having UCONN win it all in my brackets.

I also feel better about our tourney odds now than when the BET started. This team gutted out some tough wins this week.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2024, 08:32:58 PM »
Post game presser re: Oso limping

He banged knees and Shaka saw him struggling.  So he sat the last 7 minutes.  Oso said in the locker room that he is fine.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2024, 08:35:54 PM »

Agree on all counts.

Last year everything went right. Ball bounced our way, virtually no injuries (until the tournament).

This year, not so much. Gold was hurt in preseason, couldn’t practice. Then Ross with his shoulder, Sean’s knee, Stevie’s hamstring and Tyler’s oblique. Now Stevie’s shoulder. Whether (or how much) he and Kolek will be affected is anyone’s guess, but when you go into a tournament with your best defender hurting and the key to your offense coming off of 2 weeks of inactivity that’s not optimal.

Hopefully they’ll be able to overcome the injuries, but if they can’t it won’t shake my faith in our program’s direction. Seashells and balloons, baby!

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2024, 08:46:05 PM »
And an awesome musical reference with the thread title-
Well played!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2024, 08:51:00 PM »
I have been dying to use UConn Cornelius, I just haven't been able string it together. 
Bumbles bounces, misfit toys, Rudolph...I can't make it fit.

I've used Clingan Empire before.  Would have been apt.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2024, 08:54:18 PM »
Jop couldn't buy a 3, but I thought this was one of his best performances at MU. He was bringing it when no one else was able to.

Mystery to me why Oso was settling all game.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.