Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Observations of the game today  (Read 4453 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Observations of the game today
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2024, 04:37:53 PM »
Willie

I think it would have more impact if you went with multiple o’s vs the l’s. I think you are on to something and want you to get all the props you deserve.

Needs more ‘k’s at the end as well, Goose.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2024, 04:38:55 PM »
Jolpin is a turnover machine. Had nice game.
Hope we don't have to depend on Gold for outside shooting.  1-8.
Ross invisible
Kolek gets hurt every year at end of season.  Maybe he gets worn down.
They had too many open shots.  We didn't fight thru.

About the analysis I'd expect from a dead guy who played in the 60s.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2024, 04:46:14 PM »
Needs more ‘k’s at the end as well, Goose.

If a first grade class has 30 students and Dung Willie was in a spelling bee with them, what place would he take?  Could he break top-20?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2024, 05:01:07 PM »
I really hope you are Don Kojis, you are his son or your 10 bc otherwise using another man’s full name exclusively as your handle is really pathetic.

The real Don Kojis has left us

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2024, 05:14:10 PM »
Oh I definitely don’t know about that. He was an NBA all star.

‘68 and ‘69 all-star. That’s sick.

Point stands that a dude with these takes on today’s roster/game who stan’s a player  from the 60’s is laughable. Poster’s a dope.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2024, 05:15:39 PM »
Yes he’s a dope. And I doubt Kojis would be an NBA player today much less an all star. But I don’t know why he couldn’t be a decent D1 player now.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2024, 05:24:59 PM »
If a first grade class has 30 students and Dung Willie was in a spelling bee with them, what place would he take?  Could he break top-20?

Maybe top-25.

Also, until I have proof otherwise, this is how is picture Willie:

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2024, 06:16:36 PM »
Willie

I think it would have more impact if you went with multiple o’s vs the l’s. I think you are on to something and want you to get all the props you deserve.
I know I am on to something and think I will continue this way until the guy starts making some 3s consistently, which many here keep saying he can do. Hope they are right. Just havent seen it yet. He needs to keep jacking them though.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2024, 07:04:29 PM »
GolllldBrick

I really believe he’ll become a good and consistent shooter.  His mechanics are fine. He’s just not putting it up with much confidence right now. 

Also great to see Zaide step up and bury a couple, plus some solid defense and hustle. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2024, 07:45:53 PM »
Ben is a shooter and he needs to shoot every chance he gets. While 1-8 today, he passed up several good looks because it looked like he lacked confidence. His shooting hurt the team today and that is life. I hope he gets 8 great looks against UConn.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2024, 07:51:07 PM »
He didn't force it.  He played 37 minutes.  Previous high of 26.   To my eyes, he knew he didn't have the legs to shoot 3s late in the game.  Yeah, he was 1-8 from 3.   Still played a helluva game.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2024, 08:28:27 PM »
This was a Herculean effort today by our guys.  Very proud if every one if them for the effort and determination.   Unreal.  We are a very good team.  Go Marquette!

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2024, 08:38:48 PM »
You’re an idiot
Ah, give him a break- he’s been dead for over three years and still manages to never leave Scoop.  That’s gotta count for something

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2024, 08:40:15 PM »
I knew this would be a stoopid thread and I was right. There’s only one post game thread and that’s the one Tower starts. All others are Chinese Rolexes.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2024, 08:43:22 PM »
Lol.   Tower is an idiot.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 08:46:49 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2024, 09:26:18 PM »
I really believe he’ll become a good and consistent shooter.  His mechanics are fine. He’s just not putting it up with much confidence right now. 

Also great to see Zaide step up and bury a couple, plus some solid defense and hustle.

Agree, his shot looks too good to be as inconsistent as he is. Have to believe it, and a little more arc, will come at some point.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2024, 09:44:47 PM »
On my way back from Omaha.  What an effort from our team.  I repeatedly overheard comments from those seated around me - 'Man, this team plays hard.'  'Those guys never give up on a loose ball or rebound.' 'That team refuses to let themselves get screened.' 'Their defense is constant energy, like their coach.'

I did hear one one guy in the bathroom after the game, say, 'i hope Kolek isnt injured too badly.'  And, some meathead replied 'That's NOT why we won.  In his next breath he said, 'I heard they were missing another guy, too.  But, thats NOT why we won!'  I just smiled and thought what a $hitshow Creighton would be without Schiermann and Alexander. 

Fun game .  Get healthy for the postseason fellas!

Viper

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2024, 02:33:03 AM »
Ben is a shooter and he needs to shoot every chance he gets. While 1-8 today, he passed up several good looks because it looked like he lacked confidence. His shooting hurt the team today and that is life. I hope he gets 8 great looks against UConn.
Goose, work with me here. Per Rico and others i’m a moron so definitely need some help understanding your suggestion for BG. Are you saying Shaka needs to go with a shoot to get hot shoot to stay hot strategy? Ben’s a shooter, of course, so yes, shooters need to shoot, I’ll agree. It’s just that his 3-ball % is only better than that of Stevie, Lowery and Norman. Shooting for heat the right play?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2024, 03:58:13 AM »
  the real don kojis is rolling in his grave asking this numbskull to quit soiling his name.  it's very revealing donny didn't come back to rebut anything that was said.  say goodnight dick

i know it's not easy to accept anything short of victory, BUT this team fought hard and should be commended for it's efforts.  they had no business being in this game for 30-35 minutes as they were.  great reflections on our coach and players.  if we weren't so gassed by the end, I really believed we had a chance to pull off a nice little upset
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2024, 05:07:38 AM »
Viper

This offense was s built around getting open looks from three and the guys firing it up. Every guy needs to pull the trigger without hesitation when they get the pull. Ben hesitated or passed on a couple because he lost his confidence yesterday.

If the shot is there, which it will be for Ben until he shots with more consistency, he needs to pull the trigger on the shot. A year ago guys were cringing with Stevie was firing and missing and same going on with Ben right now. Big difference is Ben is a shooter and Stevie was not.

I have no idea if Ben shoots his way to more consistency or not, but I am sure he needs to keep shooting. If he starts hitting the options on offense become even bigger because they will open up the paint for others.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2024, 06:03:43 AM »
He didn't have the legs to shoot 3s late in the game.  Still played a helluva game.

Actually, a buddy I was watching with opined that Ben doesn't use his legs much on his shot - and he was talking about this in the first half.
So
I started watching for that and I think he's right.

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2024, 06:10:14 AM »
  the real don kojis is rolling in his grave asking this numbskull to quit soiling his name.  it's very revealing donny didn't come back to rebut anything that was said.  say goodnight dick

i know it's not easy to accept anything short of victory, BUT this team fought hard and should be commended for it's efforts.  they had no business being in this game for 30-35 minutes as they were.  great reflections on our coach and players.  if we weren't so gassed by the end, I really believed we had a chance to pull off a nice little upset

Now I know more than half this team would cook Kojis

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2024, 06:56:21 AM »
Actually, a buddy I was watching with opined that Ben doesn't use his legs much on his shot - and he was talking about this in the first half.
So
I started watching for that and I think he's right.

He’s 6’11. Guys that size don’t need their legs from long distance nearly as much as the 6’4 and under guys. It’s also barely a 22 foot line and less from the corners of course that they’re shooting from. 

That has nothing to do with his issues. It’s all about lacking confidence right now.  His mechanics are fine. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2024, 09:09:21 AM »
Goose: half-serious, half-kidding question for you ...

Why is Ben Gold (career 30% 3-pt) a "shooter" but not Greg Elliott (career 40% 3-pt)?

I'm having some fun here, yes, but I'm also trying to understand how someone whose basketball knowledge I truly respect decides whether someone is a shooter or not.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2024, 10:12:26 AM »

Fair questions. I do not believe GE was recruited because he was a shooter and believe that was a big appeal on recruiting Ben. TK is shooting about 40% from three and I do not consider him a shooter.

I could be proven completely wrong, but I believe Ben is one of those guys that if you are an opposing fan you do not want to see him shooting a wide open three down the road. We saw that with  Creighton guys yesterday, you simply do not want to see certain guys with wide open looks.

Imo, Kam is that kind of shooter and no one else on MU at the moment. Again, I am looking at his form and what other smart basketball people think of his shooting skills.