Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kolek Update  (Read 83267 times)

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
Re: Kolek Update
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2024, 01:51:45 PM »
To quote Saruman "Scoop knows all!"

Don’t forget the effects of Impacted Cerumen on Scoop as well.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2024, 01:55:05 PM »
I hope TK can start practicing soon and sees his next live game action in the NCAA.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2024, 02:05:42 PM »
In order to make the two line, we need to make the BET finals or Creighton would need to lose in the quarters.  I think if we lose to Creighton in the semis they get the two and we get the three.  They got why more credit beating us without our two best players than they deserved.

Both can get a 2. As both currently do in most brackets.

Need ISU and Baylor not go nuts. Kansas starting a corpse of a lineup this week won’t help that tho
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2024, 02:11:39 PM »
I agree with this analysis.  I also feel he should be held out of Big East tournament, even if "cleared."  End of the day more rest/restriction time from potentially strenuous twisting/contorting of the body, would seem beneficial for an injury like this.

We won a Big East regular and tourney championship last year - NCAA tournament success much more important.  Why potentially risk it  (error on the side of very conservative) for Big East tourney?
I'd like to get Adam Silver's opinion on this take.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #379 on: March 12, 2024, 02:15:07 PM »
In order to make the two line, we need to make the BET finals or Creighton would need to lose in the quarters.  I think if we lose to Creighton in the semis they get the two and we get the three.

Not sure that's true. I'm no expert on this stuff, though ... and, respectfully, you probably aren't either.

I agree with this analysis.  I also feel he should be held out of Big East tournament, even if "cleared."  End of the day more rest/restriction time from potentially strenuous twisting/contorting of the body, would seem beneficial for an injury like this.

We won a Big East regular and tourney championship last year - NCAA tournament success much more important.  Why potentially risk it  (error on the side of very conservative) for Big East tourney?

I lean to this way of thinking, too. Marquette's got bigger fish to fry than the Big East Tournament.

Of course, TK, Shaka and the medical staff aren't asking for our input.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2024, 02:16:28 PM »

Both can get a 2. As both currently do in most brackets.

Need ISU and Baylor not go nuts. Kansas starting a corpse of a lineup this week won’t help that tho

CU is the top 3 rn per bracketmatrix but agree that there are scenarios where they both get 2's, and there are scenarios where neither get a 2. 

Glad I haven't seen any of the foolishness about us dropping to a 4 recently.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2024, 02:29:04 PM »
CU is the top 3 rn per bracketmatrix but agree that there are scenarios where they both get 2's, and there are scenarios where neither get a 2. 

Glad I haven't seen any of the foolishness about us dropping to a 4 recently.

I'd be really surprised if we both got 2s unless everyone else in the running bows out early and no dark horse wins their conference tourney. Seems very much that the semi, if we both get there, will ve for a 2 seed. Mainly, I just don't see the BE holding enough cache to get a 1 and two 2s.

Real Warriors Demand Excellence

THEbig0

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #382 on: March 12, 2024, 02:40:37 PM »
Expect Tyler to play this week.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #383 on: March 12, 2024, 02:53:29 PM »
I'd be really surprised if we both got 2s unless everyone else in the running bows out early and no dark horse wins their conference tourney. Seems very much that the semi, if we both get there, will ve for a 2 seed. Mainly, I just don't see the BE holding enough cache to get a 1 and two 2s.

It would require a near perfect storm yes, but the committee doesn't (or isn't supposed to) look at conference affiliation when filling out the S-curve.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2024, 02:58:30 PM »

Correct
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #385 on: March 12, 2024, 03:02:49 PM »
I have been.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #386 on: March 12, 2024, 03:09:48 PM »

Shaka has said….when TK gets cleared he’s playing. No one is holding him out if cleared to play.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #387 on: March 12, 2024, 03:22:04 PM »

oh?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2024, 03:37:01 PM »
I’d like him to get some minutes. It can take a few games to get the team back in rhythm. Would rather do that in NYC than in the tournament.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2024, 04:59:52 PM »
My intercostal muscle strain is hurting bad again. But I’m hitting the courts tonight. It’s go time, for Tyler and me. #Warriors
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #390 on: March 12, 2024, 05:15:58 PM »
I mentioned after Creighton won at Nova last week that I thought MU and Creighton could both end up on the 2 line as 7/8 on the S Curve.

There are two parts at play to keep an eye on here
1- Getting a 2 seed.
2- Getting Indy.

They aren’t mutually exclusive, but imo it’s more important to get Indy than it is to stay on the 2 line.
That said, at this point with Creighton climbing it seems highly unlikely if Marquette falls to a 3 that it still gets Indy.

Unless, as someone mentions, the committee uses judgement and sends Creighton to Memphis because it’s only slightly further away than Indy.
I think it’s automatically computer based though, so I’m not sure I buy this being an option. Maybe Brew can weigh in here.

So, the way I ultimately see it is that the BET has now established some additional value than it had for me a month ago.
At the very least I want Marquette to end up ahead of Creighton on the S Curve to get Indy- so that means beating Nova and Creighton losing to Providence or beating Creighton.
That would then put Marquette into the Finals, and at that point midas whale defend our crown.

As a side note- I would wager that one of Baylor, Iowa St, Duke, Kentucky wins the B12/ACC/SEC and jumps ahead of Marquette if MU doesn’t win the BET (no guarantee, but I’d say it’s relatively decent probability).
So, I’ve got Marquette as 8 on the S Curve at best if it doesn’t win the BET.
So again, get Indy.

The reason I value Indy so much is because I think it’ll be 2 pseudo home game type of feels for the team, and I think that’s very valuable in this format to take the edge off and give some extra motivation if times get tough.
I think it’s very important and would be a massive bump if we don’t draw MSU again, since Kentucky is out of play in Rd2 now that they’ve risen on the curve. None of the other teams on the 6/7/10/11 lines would seem to put us at a disadvantage outside of maybe Madison.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2024, 06:00:23 PM »
I mentioned after Creighton won at Nova last week that I thought MU and Creighton could both end up on the 2 line as 7/8 on the S Curve.

There are two parts at play to keep an eye on here
1- Getting a 2 seed.
2- Getting Indy.

Common sense says:
Creighton -> Memphis
Marquette -> Indy
Kansas -> get no preferred location

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #392 on: March 12, 2024, 06:07:11 PM »
Common sense says:
Creighton -> Memphis
Marquette -> Indy
Kansas -> get no preferred location

Sure, but I don’t think it’s up to common sense, but I may be wrong. I think a computer software places teams at their closest site, so if Creighton 8 and MU 9 on the curve, then CU heads to Indy.
Now, they can use judgement and flip the two to benefit proximity for Marquette, but seems extremely doubtful if it affects seed line, and still likely doubtful even if it doesn’t imo.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #393 on: March 12, 2024, 06:15:24 PM »
Omaha to Memphis: 9 hr 51 min

Omaha to Indy: 8 hr 52 min

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #394 on: March 12, 2024, 06:21:43 PM »
I'm not sure Indianaopolis would be the home court advantage some think it would be. That seems like a recipe for a Michigan St or Kentucky to have a de facto home game where they likely cheer against Marquette
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #395 on: March 12, 2024, 06:25:45 PM »

Me too! 

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #396 on: March 12, 2024, 06:34:33 PM »
I'm not sure Indianaopolis would be the home court advantage some think it would be. That seems like a recipe for a Michigan St or Kentucky to have a de facto home game where they likely cheer against Marquette

You think they would care enough if they didn’t have Marquette as a possible direct opponent?

I’d say no. Kentucky won’t matter they are a 3/4 so won’t be facing Marquette (Thank God)

Hopefully the committee doesn’t do the MSU thing again, that would be brutal and would piss me off.

I think there is a high probability Marquette has a HEAVY showing at the game and outside of MSU would have a nice home court advantage for games 1&2 in Indy, so we disagree on this one.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #397 on: March 12, 2024, 06:41:43 PM »
You think they would care enough if they didn’t have Marquette as a possible direct opponent?

I’d say no. Kentucky won’t matter they are a 3/4 so won’t be facing Marquette (Thank God)

Hopefully the committee doesn’t do the MSU thing again, that would be brutal and would piss me off.

I think there is a high probability Marquette has a HEAVY showing at the game and outside of MSU would have a nice home court advantage for games 1&2 in Indy, so we disagree on this one.

I’d be curious what kind of travel there is for this Spartans team.  Also, I bet they end up on the 8-9 line.  Their metrics are great for such a mediocre record
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #398 on: March 12, 2024, 06:46:37 PM »

Big state schools will always take up a majority of arenas. And fans will always cheer for an upset in a tight game if they have no other rooting interest.

Indy will likely have less of an advantage for MU than Omaha would.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #399 on: March 12, 2024, 06:52:12 PM »
Big state schools will always take up a majority of arenas. And fans will always cheer for an upset in a tight game if they have no other rooting interest.

Indy will likely have less of an advantage for MU than Omaha would.

Nebraska could be a 10, so...

feedback