[Today at 04:47:29 PM]

Big Week for Markus by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:54:58 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by Skatastrophy
[Today at 11:55:47 AM]

Men's Basketball Scholarships Increases to 15 in 2025-26 by bilsu
[Today at 11:52:47 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is Kolek coming back?  (Read 23444 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Is Kolek coming back?
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2024, 07:36:41 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2024, 07:41:01 PM »
🤔 I’m not wrong about anything yet.

You said he was a backup, so yes, you’ve been wrong about him.

Who is better?  Him or Tyrese Hunter?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2024, 08:04:55 PM »
🤔 I’m not wrong about anything yet.
you might want to check your posting history

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2024, 08:05:36 PM »

Kolek does some good things, but a shooter he is not. Bad ball rotation on the shot. He might have a game here or there, but the ball rotation on the release is verification of consistent inconsistency. Can he be a pure pt guard? Maybe. But I’d get more minutes for Mitchell. Find more minutes for Joplin too.
He might have a game here or there

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2024, 08:09:02 PM »
Yikes.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2024, 08:10:14 PM »
quote author=Viper link=topic=62563.msg1393935#msg1393935 date=1639028019]
Kolek does some good things, but a shooter he is not. Bad ball rotation on the shot. He might have a game here or there, but the ball rotation on the release is verification of consistent inconsistency. Can he be a pure pt guard? Maybe. But I’d get more minutes for Mitchell. Find more minutes for Joplin too.

I was initially wrong about Kolek.  Completely different player once he began his first season in the Big East.  Had some real dog games in non-conference in ‘21-‘22 but was a different player by the end of the year

Part of a Shaka pattern at Marquette.  Guys getting better
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2024, 10:25:17 AM »
Yahoo Sports' latest mock draft has neither Oso nor Kolek going in the first round, and they don't do a mock for the second round.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-nba-mock-draft-50-will-another-french-prospect-be-the-no-1-overall-pick-162452829.html?.tsrc=1317
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 02:01:36 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

Viper

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2024, 01:37:23 PM »

TK has turned out much better than the the former Racine St Catherine all-state star. I’m not aware of Hunter doing much at Texas.
Does TK equal or surpass the nba career of Dwight Buycks? Or, does TK equal or surpass the nba career of 2x nba dunk champ Mac McClung? Mac has played all of 4 games (82 would call that a long career, btw)

Viper

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2024, 01:38:01 PM »
you might want to check your posting history
😁 c = degree!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 01:52:31 PM by Viper »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2024, 02:06:51 PM »
TK has turned out much better than the the former Racine St Catherine all-state star. I’m not aware of Hunter doing much at Texas.
Does TK equal or surpass the nba career of Dwight Buycks? Or, does TK equal or surpass the nba career of 2x nba dunk champ Mac McClung? Mac has played all of 4 games (82 would call that a long career, btw)

Man, you're easily triggered when someone disagrees with you. Or even if someone points out a fact ... such as a 5-year NBA career is longer than average

And yes, TK will surpass the NBA careers of both Buycks and McClung. His best skill set -- incredible court vision and passing ability -- is more valuable to NBA teams than the best skill set either of those two had. In McClung's case, 6-footers who can jump high aren't much in demand.

IMHO, of course. The beautiful thing is we'll get to find out.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2024, 03:22:11 PM »

Yes to both questions and it won't be close. I'd guess he plays 100+ nba games with a solid chance to play 5x that.

MUbiz

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2024, 11:46:48 PM »

• All American
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Viper

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2024, 07:24:07 AM »
nice cherry pick. 5-pts…
 1) at least I’ll go out on a line. Did you think TK was anything other than serviceable after his first year? I’ll answer for you…agreed Viper. TK was just a guy.
2) hindsight is 20/20, yes? Again, a cherry pick from two years ago when probably 90% of the Scoopers were analyzing as I was…odd shot release. Sidewinder rotation on the shot. Struggles going right. Drive & kick-outs seem his forte.
3) now the libs on this mailbag of oddballs come out of the woodwork…oh look, TK is great. That outspoken Viper… is wrong again. As I’ve said before, the reactionary among you…bold…not.
4) I do, however, appreciate that I’m developing a fan club. Any Mke-area locals that would like to meet yours truly…let’s grab a beer or dinner. Rocket Surgeon…let’s gooooo!
5) repeat 1-4

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2024, 07:41:35 AM »
I think the only time it's really necessary to pull receipts is when someone denies something they said... or they're just lying.

It's totally normal to feel one way about Tyler two years ago compared to now.  He has improved since then very clearly.

In fact, if we are going to bomb people for their takes about players as Freshman, I'm sure there are more than a few scoopers who wrote off Oso for his first couple of years who would be eating a large helping of crow.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2024, 07:42:00 AM »
Man, you're easily triggered when someone disagrees with you. Or even if someone points out a fact ... such as a 5-year NBA career is longer than average

And yes, TK will surpass the NBA careers of both Buycks and McClung. His best skill set -- incredible court vision and passing ability -- is more valuable to NBA teams than the best skill set either of those two had. In McClung's case, 6-footers who can jump high aren't much in demand.

IMHO, of course. The beautiful thing is we'll get to find out.
really…we’ll get to find out? You guarantee that, Cpt Obvious 😂? Another post of stating nothing compelling from the master of the average. A simplistic diatribe of the mundane.  But hey, Sultan and Uncle Rico SJ are in your club.  Lawdog77? I’ll let you know. Probably a guy that was no D in pick-up games at Old Gym, but loved to hoist prayer shots from deep, then bragged over beer at The Gym that he couldn’t miss…or something like that.  But, what do I know? I’m lost. Do make some laugh with the outrageous and extreme, don’t know ball, Badger obsessed,  unvaxed, want America and Marquette basketball great again, and a supporter of the dentist's. Yeah!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2024, 07:43:02 AM »
nice cherry pick. 5-pts…
 1) at least I’ll go out on a line. Did you think TK was anything other than serviceable after his first year? I’ll answer for you…agreed Viper. TK was just a guy.
2) hindsight is 20/20, yes? Again, a cherry pick from two years ago when probably 90% of the Scoopers were analyzing as I was…odd shot release. Sidewinder rotation on the shot. Struggles going right. Drive & kick-outs seem his forte.
3) now the libs on this mailbag of oddballs come out of the woodwork…oh look, TK is great. That outspoken Viper… is wrong again. As I’ve said before, the reactionary among you…bold…not.
4) I do, however, appreciate that I’m developing a fan club. Any Mke-area locals that would like to meet yours truly…let’s grab a beer or dinner. Rocket Surgeon…let’s gooooo!
5) repeat 1-4
My point is not that you were wrong about Tyler. My point is that you were failing to admit you were wrong.
Me personally, I try not to judge Shaka's recruits during their first  year. I trust the process.

• All American
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2024, 07:45:28 AM »
nice cherry pick. 5-pts…
5) repeat 1-4

I guess the difference is some of us who were down on TK two years ago, have since realized how much he has evolved as a player. He doesn't have problems going to his right. He certainly doesn't have a problem with his shot. Yet you are somehow sticking to these observations from two years ago to form your opinions today.

And I have no idea that this is a position of the "libs." Very strange that you decided to insert politics into this.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2024, 07:49:50 AM »
I think the only time it's really necessary to pull receipts is when someone denies something they said... or they're just lying.

It's totally normal to feel one way about Tyler two years ago compared to now.  He has improved since then very clearly.

In fact, if we are going to bomb people for their takes about players as Freshman, I'm sure there are more than a few scoopers who wrote off Oso for his first couple of years who would be eating a large helping of crow.
100%. Let me add…I love the banter…I hack on 82 and Sultan but would gladly buy em a beer…typically am posting while laughing my arse off because all takes are just classic (in this case this AM I’ve spit coffee at least 3x’s) and welcome all to analyze, criticize..or not, the takes of Viper. btw, I’m recruiting a couple like-minded to yours truly to join Scoop. To quote the great Dennis Rodman…”it’s gonna get wild, bro.”

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2024, 08:06:36 AM »
nice cherry pick. 5-pts…
5) repeat 1-4

really…we’ll get to find out? You guarantee that, Cpt Obvious 😂? Another post of stating nothing compelling from the master of the average. A simplistic diatribe of the mundane.  But hey, Sultan and Uncle Rico SJ are in your club.  Lawdog77? I’ll let you know. Probably a guy that was no D in pick-up games at Old Gym, but loved to hoist prayer shots from deep, then bragged over beer at The Gym that he couldn’t miss…or something like that.  But, what do I know? I’m lost. Do make some laugh with the outrageous and extreme, don’t know ball, Badger obsessed,  unvaxed, want America and Marquette basketball great again, and a supporter of the dentist's. Yeah!

Dork. 

Viper

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2024, 08:40:32 AM »

I guess the difference is some of us who were down on TK two years ago, have since realized how much he has evolved as a player. He doesn't have problems going to his right. He certainly doesn't have a problem with his shot. Yet you are somehow sticking to these observations from two years ago to form your opinions today.

And I have no idea that this is a position of the "libs." Very strange that you decided to insert politics into this.
you’re correct…probably should not have tossed in a political shot. But, the ‘gotcha’ or ‘you said this so you are wrong’ is just so lefty that I could not help myself.
I do say, gladly so, that I love TK’s game at this point. And as I’ve said…very happy he’s on our team. I’d go insane if he was a Badger!! But, I do stand by my opinion that I’m not seeing NBA. And as I’ve also stated…I’ll happily accept being wrong about that.
I’m off this topic. Enjoy.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2024, 08:43:40 AM »
Dork.
classy. Personal shots only reflect on you. And, I might add, something you’d never say to me if we were at a bar over a 🍺. But, I guess Rocky is ok with your level of maturity, so you do you.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2024, 08:45:57 AM »
You need to look at this through the players eyes and not being a fan. I look at someone like Sam Dekker of the badgers for comparison. He had a monster tournament run in 2015 when they lost in the championship game. His stock because of that 5 game run shot him into the lottery that year at 15 I believe. While Kolek is probably different being a small point guard his stock could def improve into a 1st round pick if he makes a deep run this March.

Something else so consider is that if he chooses to go in NBA draft will his salary outweigh what his NIL deal would net him. Also I don't believe his stock will ever be higher if he wants to go the NBA route. IMO he is just as good as last year and will not improve great enough from now on to ever make him a lottery pick. He needs to decide whats important the guaranteed money or trying to get minutes as a role player in the League.

If I had to guess, Tyler truly doesn't know at this point.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 08:50:14 AM by HowardsWorld »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2024, 08:59:26 AM »
I guess Rocky is ok with your level of maturity

I'd call you a dork, or worse at a bar if you said things from those posts out loud. 

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2024, 09:02:46 AM »
Sam Dekker was a projected first round pick long before the tournament. He is a 6'8" shooter. I think teams were well aware of his limitations, but he was clearly worth the risk in some people's eyes.

feedback