Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is Kolek coming back?  (Read 18423 times)

94Warrior

• All American
Is Kolek coming back?
« on: February 13, 2024, 11:42:03 PM »

In Kolek's postgame interview with Raft, he said "Oso is special, i've had 3 years playing with him, i'm going to miss it."

Raft asks, "Are you announcing your retirement?"

Tyler's response, "Not me, not me!"

Do with that, what you will.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 06:12:57 PM by 94Warrior »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Is Kolek coming back?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 11:57:48 PM »
Weve done so much with it, that its already got multiple threads on it
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 12:03:02 AM »
My deepest apologies  ::)

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 08:01:41 AM »
I found it interesting that Kolek said in his post-game interview that he would miss Oso next year. Of course, he is not likely to be on same team with Oso no matter what he decides to do.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 08:04:53 AM »
I found it interesting that Kolek said in his post-game interview that he would miss Oso next year. Of course, he is not likely to be on same team with Oso no matter what he decides to do.

Yeah, that's exactly how I read it. I don't think we should read too much into this.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 08:07:08 AM »
Yeah, assume he is gone, rejoice if he returns is the play.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 09:18:49 AM »
Oso: gowne
Kolek: gowne

Enjoy the next 2 months.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 09:23:56 AM »
Not sure it makes sense for him to stay but I will be the first to welcome him back should he decide to do so!

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 10:43:56 AM »
How much NIL money could he make if he returns next year? That is kind of the wild card.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 11:01:00 AM »
How much NIL money could he make if he returns next year? That is kind of the wild card.

$69
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 11:44:29 AM »
Can confirm I have no intel if he's coming back or not.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2024, 12:07:54 PM »
"He's always motivated — but even more so [now] to be his best," Smart said of Kolek. "When you get to this time of the year, [in your] senior year, you know, it's go-time."

Enjoy these next 2 months.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2024, 01:20:07 PM »
Kolek: gowne

Not yet. Probably. But not yet.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2024, 04:41:39 PM »
To answer the question. We all want him to but NO. start your real career.  I know NIL is $ and I dont know what that is exactly for him....but start your real career.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2024, 05:23:58 PM »
To answer the question. We all want him to but NO. start your real career.  I know NIL is $ and I dont know what that is exactly for him....but start your real career.
...real career? I'm in the minority here...I don't see NBA talent in TK. Great college talent...but similar to Bacot with UNC, I see 2nd rd pick (maybe), then a few years in the G and Europe. Nothing wrong with that, btw...good money can be made. But, if not a sure-fire 1st rd pick, why rush getting out of college? (unless TK is ready for the change) I hope TK runs it back for one more season with the Warriors, but do agree with the majority here that he's probably gone.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 05:27:58 PM »
If he’s having a blast every day and can bring in some coin, could see Tyler back

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 05:46:48 PM »
I don't see NBA talent in TK.

Did you see NBA talent in O-Max at this point in his college career? In Max Strus? In Juan Anderson? In Sam Hauser? In Fred VanVleet? In Duncan Robinson? In any number of others who were drafted in the second round, or not at all, but who nonetheless had (or are having) productive NBA careers?

Kolek already possesses NBA-quality vision and passing ability. He isn't short or skinny, he's a good team defender and an underrated individual defender, he isn't afraid to mix it up inside for shots and rebounds, and he has improved significantly as a shooter (and probably can continue to do so).

I'll be surprised if there aren't several NBA teams who believe he has NBA talent.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 06:32:40 PM »
Did you see NBA talent in O-Max at this point in his college career? In Max Strus? In Juan Anderson? In Sam Hauser? In Fred VanVleet? In Duncan Robinson? In any number of others who were drafted in the second round, or not at all, but who nonetheless had (or are having) productive NBA careers?

Kolek already possesses NBA-quality vision and passing ability. He isn't short or skinny, he's a good team defender and an underrated individual defender, he isn't afraid to mix it up inside for shots and rebounds, and he has improved significantly as a shooter (and probably can continue to do so).

I'll be surprised if there aren't several NBA teams who believe he has NBA talent.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2024-nba-mock-draft-french-star-alex-sarr-goes-no-1-kentucky-has-two-players-in-top-four/amp/
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2024, 06:57:46 PM »
...real career? I'm in the minority here...I don't see NBA talent in TK. Great college talent...but similar to Bacot with UNC, I see 2nd rd pick (maybe), then a few years in the G and Europe. Nothing wrong with that, btw...good money can be made. But, if not a sure-fire 1st rd pick, why rush getting out of college? (unless TK is ready for the change) I hope TK runs it back for one more season with the Warriors, but do agree with the majority here that he's probably gone.

His real career. DJO had a real career

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2024, 08:07:00 PM »
Can confirm I have no intel if he's coming back or not.

My sources have all gone dark.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2024, 09:13:19 PM »
My sources have all gone dark.

Were they introduced to darkness?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2024, 09:13:50 PM »

Collin Gillespie is presently on an NBA roster. TyKo is of comparable ( or better ) ability and is bigger .

Most importantly, TyKo possess one Excellent Elite Level skill ( in his case the Vision and Passing) . Having an elite level skill is what gets second round and undrafted free agent players into the league versus guys like Vander who are good at a lot of things but not great at one thing.

So it’s just a question of finding the right team platform that fits with his style.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 09:57:54 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Viper

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2024, 10:29:31 PM »

I did not see nba talent in any of those guys, no. (btw, Juan spent how many seasons in minor league ball?…and is maybe on a 10-day w/Sacramento…probably wouldn’t have named him in your rebuttal)
Your reaching deep list to prove me wrong doesn’t change my opinion of TK. Marginal ball handler. Marginal shooter. Slow release on the shot. Can he go right? I’m fine being wrong if he makes it, absolutely. Another MU guy in the nba would be great.  (Btw and though Omax was a surprise 1st rd pick, it’s been pretty much GL so far. And I know, the checks clear)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 10:39:10 PM by Viper »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2024, 10:41:40 PM »
I did not see nba talent in any of those guys, no. Doesn’t change my opinion of TK. Marginal ball handler. Marginal shooter. Slow release on the shot. Can he go right? I’m fine being wrong if he makes it.

So, what you're saying is that you're not a very good judge of these things. Thanks!

To be honest ... I never saw the NBA in the futures of Strus, Juan and Robinson. I did think Sam Hauser would be an NBA player (and even bet the dearly departed keefe on it), I did think O-Max had a solid chance at a pro career, and I was quite surprised that VanVleet wasn't drafted because he could play. So these things aren't always easy to judge for sure.

I'm quite sure Kolek will be an NBA player. We're even seeing mocks projecting him as a late first-rounder, including one that Rico posted just today. So we'll see!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2024, 10:49:05 PM »
I did not see nba talent in any of those guys, no. (btw, Juan spent how many seasons in minor league ball?…and is maybe on a 10-day w/Sacramento…probably wouldn’t have named him in your rebuttal)
Your reaching deep list to prove me wrong doesn’t change my opinion of TK. Marginal ball handler. Marginal shooter. Slow release on the shot. Can he go right? I’m fine being wrong if he makes it, absolutely. Another MU guy in the nba would be great.  (Btw and though Omax was a surprise 1st rd pick, it’s been pretty much GL so far. And I know, the checks clear)

Marginal ball handler and shooter? lol.

Juan had made almost $5MM in the NBA, playing in 202 NBA games.

feedback