Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Transfer Portal  (Read 302719 times)

CountryRoads

• All American
Re: 2024 Transfer Portal
« Reply #550 on: April 01, 2024, 12:07:37 PM »
You guys think Kolek and Oso forgo eligibility when they declare? Reason I ask is I doubt Shaka signs anyone during that period of limbo. If I recall correctly, I think Omax waited until near the end to make it official which may have tied Shaka’s hands somewhat during the last portal season. Could be way off and Shaka knew all along, but I think the sooner the better.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #551 on: April 01, 2024, 12:09:41 PM »

Does anyone know anything about Danny Wolf, the 7 ft. Yale player who recently entered the transfer portal??   Has some impressive stats.  From Glencoe, Illinois. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #552 on: April 01, 2024, 12:11:27 PM »
I think Shaka has a thorough understanding of Tyler and Oso's intentions. And, considering they both went through the Senior Day ceremony, I think those intentions are quite clear to almost everyone.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #553 on: April 01, 2024, 12:12:15 PM »
You guys think Kolek and Oso forgo eligibility when they declare? Reason I ask is I doubt Shaka signs anyone during that period of limbo. If I recall correctly, I think Omax waited until near the end to make it official which may have tied Shaka’s hands somewhat during the last portal season. Could be way off and Shaka knew all along, but I think the sooner the better.

I would think Oso will.

May 29th is the last day to withdraw from NBA draft and maintain college eligibility.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #554 on: April 01, 2024, 12:15:07 PM »

Shaka knows they are gone

Kam would be the one that could “tie his hands” and even then I think he’d be very consistently in the loop
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #555 on: April 01, 2024, 12:19:18 PM »
Shaka knows they are gone

Kam would be the one that could “tie his hands” and even then I think he’d be very consistently in the loop

Yeah, I guess what I was getting at is I wonder if it’s a disadvantage in recruiting transfers (ie: “We really want you, but only if our guy doesn’t come back”). Even if the intentions are well understood from our side.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #556 on: April 01, 2024, 12:33:49 PM »
Yeah, I guess what I was getting at is I wonder if it’s a disadvantage in recruiting transfers (ie: “We really want you, but only if our guy doesn’t come back”). Even if the intentions are well understood from our side.

Yeah I think it could in cases.

I’m just saying in our case tho. If Shaka does want to hit the portal. He’s gonna do so knowing TK and Oso are gone and relay that.

For example Mark Armstrong. The pitch would be tyler is gone. You see him in our P n R?

If something crazy happens and someone changes their mind. Shaka will find room for TK or Oso
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

nyg

• All American
« Reply #557 on: April 01, 2024, 12:39:55 PM »
One week in and here are some more BE players:

Sasa Ciani  Xavier
Abou Ousmane Xavier  ( that's their three big men). Freemantle next year?  Hunter next year?
Rafael Castro. Providence
Donovan Santoro. Providence (That's three Providence guys so far)
Elijah Fisher Depaul. 4 star, #34 recruit in 2023.  Big loss for them

Side note:  Louisville had 7 players enter in one week, including top point guard Skyy Clark.

Above is from last week BE players. Two weeks in and was sort of a slow one.  Except that to change this week after players meet with staff for year ending interviews.

Kam Craft, Xavier to Miami of Ohio
Logan Duncomb  Xavier
Gytis Nemeiksa,  Xavier
Reid Ducharme, Xavier
Lazar Dokouk, Xavier
Marcus Foster, Furman to Xavier  Believe that was 7 Xavier players enter
Jaden Henley,  Depaul
Caleb Murphy, Depaul
Churchill Abass, Depaul. Mass exodus from Depaul, but two in.
NJ Benson, Missouri St to Depaul
CJ Gunn, Indiana to Depaul
Johnathan Lawson, Creighton
Connor Turnbull, Butler

Two sidetones:

BJ Freeman from Milwaukee.  Quite a player and Kentucky reached out first day.  No clue as to MU interest

Omaha Biliew, Iowa State.  Originally from Iowa, #11 ranked player from 2023.  PF, guess he hardly played.  Iowa State has had bunch of players enter.

No official on Seth Trimble yet. 

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #558 on: April 01, 2024, 12:46:16 PM »
I'm keeping an eye on Seth Trimble.  Rumors are out there.

https://twitter.com/ZyavierR/status/1773706682603835688?t=P3_xk9C-VCKxZlOqgetEbw&s=19

This guy has 77 followers and an AI generated avatar. Do not believe.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #559 on: April 01, 2024, 12:55:17 PM »
Dain Dainja in the portal. Remember we were involved with HS recruitment prior went he committed to Baylor.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #560 on: April 01, 2024, 01:02:37 PM »
Does Oso have another year of eligibility? I was assuming he didn’t. Regardless, he’s graduating and moving on. However, I would not be surprised if TK is thinking of running it back (no inside source).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #561 on: April 01, 2024, 01:03:29 PM »
They gowne. Good luck in the Association, aina?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #562 on: April 01, 2024, 01:03:40 PM »
Does Oso have another year of eligibility? I was assuming he didn’t. Regardless, he’s graduating and moving on. However, I would not be surprised if TK is thinking of running it back (no inside source).

They both have a COVID year if they so choose. Neither will.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

• All American
« Reply #563 on: April 01, 2024, 01:03:57 PM »
I seriously doubt that Tyler comes back with him being a projected first round pick.

But both of them have an additional year of eligibility due to the extra COVID years.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #564 on: April 01, 2024, 01:06:42 PM »
I would be shocked if even either of them returned.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #565 on: April 01, 2024, 01:11:56 PM »
I would not be surprised if TK is thinking of running it back (no inside source).

Why?

He's been All-American two times, All-Big East two times, Big East Player of the Year, Big East Tournament MVP, NCAA assist leader, won a Big East title, reached the Sweet 16. He's already accomplished more than the vast, vast majority of college players.

Plus, he's 23. Plus, he's showing up in most mock drafts, including the first round in many. Plus, it's a relatively weak draft. Plus, he probably wouldn't improve his draft stock by staying.

What would be his motivation to stay ... and more importantly, why would that be more motivating than wanting to prove himself against the best players in the world?

I get it - we'd all love another year of TK in a Marquette uniform. But it's not about us, darn it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #566 on: April 01, 2024, 01:15:26 PM »
Why?

He's been All-American two times, All-Big East two times, Big East Player of the Year, Big East Tournament MVP, NCAA assist leader, won a Big East title, reached the Sweet 16. He's already accomplished more than the vast, vast majority of college players.

Plus, he's 23. Plus, he's showing up in most mock drafts, including the first round in many. Plus, it's a relatively weak draft. Plus, he probably wouldn't improve his draft stock by staying.

What would be his motivation to stay ... and more importantly, why would that be more motivating than wanting to prove himself against the best players in the world?

I get it - we'd all love another year of TK in a Marquette uniform. But it's not about us, darn it.
He would come back due to the heartbreak of losing before the Final Four, knowing how easy it is to make the FF.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #567 on: April 01, 2024, 01:16:59 PM »
Seems like Oso and Tyler were Freshman just a couple years ago...

• All American
« Reply #568 on: April 01, 2024, 01:19:53 PM »
Seems like Oso and Tyler were Freshman just a couple years ago...

Oso was a freshman with Justin Lewis, Dexter Akanno and Dawson Garcia.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #569 on: April 01, 2024, 01:22:52 PM »
Above is from last week BE players. Two weeks in and was sort of a slow one.  Except that to change this week after players meet with staff for year ending interviews.

Kam Craft, Xavier to Miami of Ohio
Logan Duncomb  Xavier
Gytis Nemeiksa,  Xavier
Reid Ducharme, Xavier
Lazar Dokouk, Xavier
Marcus Foster, Furman to Xavier  Believe that was 7 Xavier players enter
Jaden Henley,  Depaul
Caleb Murphy, Depaul
Churchill Abass, Depaul. Mass exodus from Depaul, but two in.
NJ Benson, Missouri St to Depaul
CJ Gunn, Indiana to Depaul
Johnathan Lawson, Creighton
Connor Turnbull, Butler

Two sidetones:

BJ Freeman from Milwaukee.  Quite a player and Kentucky reached out first day.  No clue as to MU interest

Omaha Biliew, Iowa State.  Originally from Iowa, #11 ranked player from 2023.  PF, guess he hardly played.  Iowa State has had bunch of players enter.

No official on Seth Trimble yet.
Kam Craft has been injured plagued . Nice pickup for Travis Steele of an old X recruit of his.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #570 on: April 01, 2024, 01:23:34 PM »
Oso was a freshman with Justin Lewis, Dexter Akanno and Dawson Garcia.

Sorry.  I'm still making jabs about this:
https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/2021-22

Marquette's ALL Freshman team.  2 years ago.

WeAreMarquette96

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #571 on: April 01, 2024, 01:46:23 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Danny Wolf, the 7 ft. Yale player who recently entered the transfer portal??   Has some impressive stats.  From Glencoe, Illinois.

Rumored leader is Michigan and also is talking to Duke

Biggie Clausen

• Walk-On
« Reply #572 on: April 01, 2024, 02:03:03 PM »
Why?

He’s kind of in the same position Jay Wright was before he retired from coaching.  Absolutely nothing left to prove and nowhere to go but down.  Even if TK brought home a national championship for MU next season, it wouldn’t improve his draft stock one iota.  Hell, I’m not even sure MU making the FF this year would’ve mattered as far as this year’s draft.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #573 on: April 01, 2024, 02:10:31 PM »

Omax declared May 26, 2023 officially.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #574 on: April 01, 2024, 02:32:26 PM »
If we could go into the transfer portal and get a Milwaukee-area kid who averaged 11 ppg for a Sweet 16 team, shooting 36% career from 3 including 40% in 2022-23, improving defensively as he gained experience, all while having the reputation as a great teammate, there would be a lot of excitement here.

But those are David Joplin's numbers, and several Scoopers have decided he's no good.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson