[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by Herman Cain
[June 18, 2024, 06:55:14 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 18, 2024, 05:53:38 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Uncle Rico
[June 18, 2024, 02:52:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hell  (Read 8921 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Seton Hell
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2024, 09:29:25 PM »
Viper

Just curious, what part of Omax game is being missed bigly? The falling down, his inability to block a shot, butter fingers or something else?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2024, 09:32:25 PM »
MU has room for improvement .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2024, 09:36:20 PM »
I agree with the comment that Al's teams seldom blew a quality  opponent out. That's what I remember. Most games were always a battle. Remind me what our seed was in '77.  :)

Not sure if this is meant to be a serious question but there was no seeding in 1977.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2024, 09:38:49 PM »
Viper

Just curious, what part of Omax game is being missed bigly? The falling down, his inability to block a shot, butter fingers or something else?

Cmon. They miss his ability to guard and switch on the perimeter. And he was enough of a threat offensively that they just haven’t replaced.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2024, 09:43:55 PM »

Cmon. They miss his ability to guard and switch on the perimeter. And he was enough of a threat offensively that they just haven’t replaced.

Especially in transition.

Also him being at the top of the zone press was a big disruption that they haven't really been able to replicate.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2024, 09:44:03 PM »
Viper

falling down etc etc but least you forget Omax was a NBA 1st rd draft choice! For me, I felt Omax played aggressive D consistently, an aggressive D I don’t see from Jop. Omax with his herky jerkyness combined with his wingspan created a disruption. AND, Omax allowed Shaka to bring Jop off the bench, which imo suits the team better.  Our rebounding wasn’t great last season, this is true. But the rebounding woes combined with the lack of Omax intangibles and it’s definitely tougher sledding in conference play so far this season.

panda

• All American
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2024, 09:45:46 PM »
Especially in transition.

Also him being at the top of the zone press was a big disruption that they haven't really been able to replicate.

Transition is huge. He was great at finishing with pace. Also, even if he didn’t score in trans, really good at getting down the floor, behind the defense and creating chaos on the break. No one this year can do that.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2024, 09:46:32 PM »
Sultan

I loved Omax, I know what he brought to the table for MU. That said, he actually is missed a little less than I expected him to be. In a loss, folks say they miss him and he probably was missed that day. I did not hear one person say after Kansas, “if we would have Omax, we would have win by 30”.

Viper
You will be hard pressed to find someone that backed Omax more than me and that goes back to his first season at MU. I do agree with everything you said. Spot on what his value was to the team.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 09:50:08 PM by Goose »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2024, 10:27:59 PM »
I think the issue is the offense is showing that there isn't much there if Tyler isn't showing up. It feels a bit like everyone but Sean has had a regression this year.

And Sean was in a deep regression until the second half of the last game. And didn't show up until the second half today
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2024, 11:08:02 PM »
Goose -  I have never proclaimed or declared to be a "knower of ball" so my posts should never be taken seriously.  I am, however, disappointed in this teams performance since the ND game.

Point

You know that I like you as a person, but you are no longer a serious poster on MU basketball, imo. Not that I really care, but it looks like you have more posts MU basketball related today than the previous several weeks combined. Will add, you did throw out a number of digs during the Creighton game.

Again, I really could not care less if you want to vent, rile folks up or trying to be funny, but I cannot take your posts seriously. Enjoy the rest of the season!!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 11:10:05 PM by PointWarrior »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2024, 05:33:48 AM »
Why? You people are nuts. Go cry into a pillow somewhere.

Marquette handled Kansas who beat UConn.

Marquette can beat every team in America.

Agreed. Such a weirdly losers attitude. Do you have any faith in this team. Jeez

Goose

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2024, 06:00:15 AM »
Point

Yes, you have pointed out that you are not a “knower of ball” on several occasions and you have never been declared one and I will keep that in mind.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2024, 06:05:12 AM »
Point

Yes, you have pointed out that you are not a “knower of ball” on several occasions and you have never been declared one and I will keep that in mind.
I thought he was a wizard ?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2024, 07:27:20 AM »
Viper

Yesterday there were two or three SHU possessions in a row where Richmond posted up Stevie and scored easily.  That likely doesn’t happen if Omax is guarding him.  The ability to make life difficult for the other team’s primary offensive weapon is what Omax provided that we really miss. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2024, 07:30:24 AM »
Stevie had done a pretty good job on Richmond's drives.   The post ups were just a question of 4 inches and 30 lbs.   Physics won.   Smart move by Seton Hall.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2024, 07:35:44 AM »
Stevie had done a pretty good job on Richmond's drives.   The post ups were just a question of 4 inches and 30 lbs.   Physics won.   Smart move by Seton Hall.
Yeah, agreed. A move they couldn’t have made last year to the same effect

tower912

• All American
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2024, 07:37:52 AM »
That was then.   

With Chase out, a small team got smaller.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2024, 07:49:42 AM »
That was then.   

With Chase out, a small team got smaller.   

And a weak, unproductive bench gets worse.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2024, 08:00:02 AM »
The difference was all the bunnies Oso missed at the rim. He could have had 80 points.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2024, 08:09:52 AM »
The difference was all the bunnies Oso missed at the rim. He could have had 80 points.

...and as pointed out, fouling 3pt shots that had no chance of falling in. They were up for that game we were not.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2024, 09:15:29 AM »

We had exactly one player who was excellent yesterday, and now the loss is his fault. Oso was 9-for-14, and two of the misses were on his push shot. I guess he should have scored when he was being mauled so hard that the refs actually called fouls?

If you meant this to be in teal and I just missed it, please ignore that paragraph and replace it with, simply, "Well done."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2024, 09:36:35 AM »
Yeah the problem is that our backcourt, especially the back ups, cannot shoot consistently enough. I'll say it again - the offense continues to generate good looks.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #197 on: January 07, 2024, 09:59:28 AM »
Sultan

I would be concerned if they did not have more open shots than the opponent. They literally have more open shots than every opponent and by a wide margin.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2024, 10:22:01 AM »
I thought he was a wizard ?
That would be TAMU
Goal is National Championship

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2024, 11:25:04 AM »
hey, this is tough to swallow, but either we are onboard or not.  trust the process.  we've already seen what this team is capable of doing.  shaka is the type of coach who builds upon everything, win or lose.  i love goose' approach!  shaka and team's eye's are on the bigger prize

i've said it before-it's a long season-a successful season is dependent on so many things coming together.  injuries, fatigue, personal and personnel issues;  successes and failures all need to be addressed before and during the season.  this is when it is crucial for some under the radar player rise to the occasion and fill in some loose ends

with all that being said-amadou needs to see some PT-he is all ball of energy and chomping at the bit

as many of you remember, 1977-we didn't exactly storm into the big dance.  as a matter of fact, we almost played our way out of it. the last 8 games of the season-we lost 4 of them limping in to the tournament 20-7-we all know what happened next
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback