[Today at 12:37:36 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by MUbiz
[Today at 09:44:26 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[June 17, 2024, 08:36:32 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hell  (Read 8888 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Seton Hell
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2024, 06:21:33 PM »
The good thing is Stevie and Sean were each 100% on 3s today!

Nope. Stevie was 1-2.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2024, 06:40:08 PM »
Nope. Stevie was 1-2.

Ok.  I missed that.    50% from three…. Yeah!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2024, 07:00:57 PM »
Seton Hall, Providence, and Wisconsin all had their A games...   what's the common factor?

I don't think that is remotely true.

UW had 1 guy go nuclear against us, they can be a lot better than they were. Seton Hall also can be better than they were today and they were against UCONN. Providence maybe played their beat all around game.
VIOLENCE!

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2024, 07:31:42 PM »

What is your realistic goal for this team? Mine is a minimum of E8. IMO, the more they work on different lineups and schemes, the better they will be in March. As a fan, I want to see Kolek running the show 35 minutes every game. That said, I do not think the same 8 guys are going to have major improvement doing the same thing as last year. Best chance for an improved team is getting 1-3 other guys to be consistent contributors. 5 SOTG is great, but none of the non starters have been consistent yet.

Again, as a fan I have little interest in watching Sean Jones dribble into the lane on every possession with Kolek 30 feet from the basket. However, if that makes Sean Jones better in March I am all in.

IMO, Shaka has never had more pressure for winning in March. He, and his team, rejuvenated a fanbase and a lot of eyes on the fellas and the heat is on. He chose not to replace Omax and he did not have his guys shy away from talking about winning a N.C. this year. I 100% believe he is getting the guys ready for March and not obsessing over a BE title.
I agree that a minimum expectation would be E8.

If we believe Shaka is building for March now by playing TK off the ball more with SJ as PG and it comes to fruition, that's great and ideal.  With my 0 minutes of career coaching experience, I would think this  would be the season to play a limited rotation (8 max) with spot minutes for the Freshmen as the season progresses.  With Chase going down a FR (likely Tre) will get an opportunity to grow.

SJ has already shown enough that he can be more than capable of playing some big minutes, we would be in much worse shape if he didn't hit big 3s against UCLA, IL and CU.  I trust Shaka to do what's best for the long run.  We just can't afford for TK to go MIA for entire games and, so far, he's done it 3 times in 15.  He, and the team, is top 5 when he's in attack mode.  If Shaka is running these other lineups/schemes to spell him while still keeping him on the floor, fine. 

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2024, 07:42:41 PM »
I agree, I am in panic mode as this team is not very good currently.  At current pace, they are a .500 team in conference play.

Your panic game is strong in this thread

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2024, 07:55:53 PM »
I agree, I am in panic mode as this team is not very good currently.  At current pace, they are a .500 team in conference play.

Well, by the math, yeah. 2-2 is .500, so at their current pace…I’m willing to bet better than that if you’d like.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2024, 07:59:27 PM »

Get some help, dude.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2024, 08:01:54 PM »

So a 7 seed?

They lost to one of those in the 2nd round last year.
VIOLENCE!

panda

• All American
« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2024, 08:12:44 PM »
Well, by the math, yeah. 2-2 is .500, so at their current pace…I’m willing to bet better than that if you’d like.

We beat Illinois early on, but otherwise have looked really, really poor on the road. Need to get something going away from home before I show more confidence.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2024, 08:24:28 PM »
Get some help, dude.

This team is no where near at national contender, let alone a top 10 team. I fully expect to be out of the top 15 on Monday. If you thought we were winning a natty this year you would be in full panic mode… it ain’t happening.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2024, 08:27:53 PM »
Who is this beating on the road other than GT and DePaul? 

Will they beat UConn, Nova at home?

Get some help, dude.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2024, 08:30:08 PM »
This team is no where near at national contender, let alone a top 10 team. I fully expect to be out of the top 15 on Monday. If you thought we were winning a natty this year you would be in full panic mode… it ain’t happening.

Comprehension is important.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2024, 08:33:15 PM »
Who is this beating on the road other than GT and DePaul? 

Will they beat UConn, Nova at home?

UConn - probably not.

The Nova that has a number of rough losses?  Of course they could win that game.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2024, 08:36:53 PM »
Point

You know that I like you as a person, but you are no longer a serious poster on MU basketball, imo. Not that I really care, but it looks like you have more posts MU basketball related today than the previous several weeks combined. Will add, you did throw out a number of digs during the Creighton game.

Again, I really could not care less if you want to vent, rile folks up or trying to be funny, but I cannot take your posts seriously. Enjoy the rest of the season!!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 08:40:39 PM by Goose »

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2024, 08:45:41 PM »
UConn - probably not.

The Nova that has a number of rough losses?  Of course they could win that game.

Why? You people are nuts. Go cry into a pillow somewhere.

Marquette handled Kansas who beat UConn.

Marquette can beat every team in America.
VIOLENCE!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2024, 08:49:30 PM »
They can also lose to just about anyone.

And that's the issue. The competitive maturity Shaka talked about a bunch last year seems to have escaped them lately.

There's no way they should lose that game being +22 in points off turnovers and only -1 on second chance points. But when you give up a goddamn layup line for a half, well, you lose.

panda

• All American
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2024, 08:49:43 PM »

Except teams that start with W, are located in rhode island or rhyme with ball.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2024, 08:51:15 PM »

No sh*t.

Feel free to scroll through my posts from after the game today, Biff.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2024, 08:59:47 PM »
q

Gold is awful - has to be most disappointing player this year. If one of his wide open looks goes in it completely changes the game. If you're a big slow guy who is a liability on D but shoots 3s, but you don't shoot 3s....
yes, Gold is.  i’d give Amadou a run. See what his athleticism and leap ability can offer.

wiscwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2024, 09:02:21 PM »
Howards

Playing a great games does not happen that often. I think last years Baylor game was an all time program performance and Kansas was pretty damn good. Not sure what you are looking for, but I think a bit unrealistic.

To go back to the last time we had this much hype around the program, the Al era had far more dud performances than great games. Granted they won most of the dud performances, but it was not flawless by any means. In most of the dud games it was a 2-5 minute run of excellence, possibly two runs, with plenty of mediocre play the remainder of the game.

I agree with the comment that Al's teams seldom blew a quality  opponent out. That's what I remember. Most games were always a battle. Remind me what our seed was in '77.  :)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2024, 09:11:15 PM »
wiscwarrior

Al’s  teams often had close games against mid level teams as well. As I noted, they won those games but it was seldom a masterpiece you talked about for days. It was more like the 9-0 run MU had  today, quick burst and game over. Another big difference, MU has trailed in a lot of games the past two years, back in the day there was not much digging out of holes.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2024, 09:12:11 PM »
For those of you that want TK "running the show" more often, what do you do with Sean Jones?

He is not a SG and is best served with the ball in his hands.  You reduce his effectiveness by having him off the ball.

Leave him in the game when he’s playing well and changing the trajectory of the game.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2024, 09:13:28 PM »
Get some help, dude.

If ever there was someone who should take their own advice Biff

Viper

• All American
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2024, 09:15:28 PM »
Brew

I did not predict 29-2 and a one seed. I thought, and still do, 23-7 and 2 or 3 seed. My belief has been from day one was that experience, depth and poise is why I feel they have a chance to play in FF. I never thought they would run the board to UConn or go 18-2 in the BE.

I have no idea how many wins will it take to win BE and really do not care. This team has talent, experience and a proven track record over 51 games and bumps in the road happen. They need to work out the kinks and see what happens in BE.

I have said it countless times, I do not think this will be the best team in the Shaka era. That said, they have the intangibles to go a long way.
…I think we are learning that the loss of Omax to the pros is bigly. More-so than we probably thought through November. However and combined with our underwhelming board work, I don’t see a lengthy March run unless we get a very favorable matchup. I feel like the WI game is the scouting tape our opponents watch to strategize against us.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 09:21:29 PM by Viper »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2024, 09:24:16 PM »
If ever there was someone who should take their own advice Biff

Rent-free.

feedback