Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Post Mortem SB Trib  (Read 3774 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Re: Post Mortem SB Trib
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 08:47:35 AM »
What a great read this article was from the ND Beat writer.  Lots of great nuggets in there, including this one:

Shrewsberry and his guys dream of one day being elite. Of being ranked. Of being on television in prime time with a sold-out house. All of that feels so far away. What does all that look, feel, and play like? Everything we saw from Marquette. Everything from the pre-game production to the in-game presentation to the product from the home team on both ends of the floor. Everything.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 08:59:53 AM »
Man that writer lives basketball and hasn't seen any for a while. Do it for your best writer, ND! He wants it worse than you do

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 09:08:48 AM »
Great article

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 09:37:36 AM »
That is one helluva article…. And what a tremendous tip of the hat to Marquette!   We have gotten so much good rest under Shaka.  And this a particle spells it out.   Elite college basketball.   Marquette.  Wow .  Go Marquette!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 09:38:22 AM »
What a great read this article was from the ND Beat writer.  Lots of great nuggets in there, including this one:

Shrewsberry and his guys dream of one day being elite. Of being ranked. Of being on television in prime time with a sold-out house. All of that feels so far away. What does all that look, feel, and play like? Everything we saw from Marquette. Everything from the pre-game production to the in-game presentation to the product from the home team on both ends of the floor. Everything.

Imagine what we could do with a good marketing department!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 09:48:13 AM »
A indirectly very flattering article about Marquette from the ND beat writer. The whole experience was pretty amazing to him.  Especially in comparison to the ND experience where the fan base and message boards only talk football 24/7.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2023, 09:51:42 AM »
Credit to Marquette community.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2023, 10:12:22 AM »
Interest in basketball is at another level in this town, a pro town. … Want to park three blocks from Fiserv? Cough up $50.

Suckers. We parked 5 blocks from Fiserv, on the street, for $0.00.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2023, 10:23:29 AM »
Great article….it reinforces why MU dumped Wojo….won’t accept medicrity.

I typically never pay for parking, but I knew I was arriving very close to tip off so $30 three blocks away was worth it.

It was a fun game and non-basketball fan Mrs Badgerhater really enjoyed the energy and experience.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2023, 10:25:46 AM »
Interest in basketball is at another level in this town, a pro town. … Want to park three blocks from Fiserv? Cough up $50.

Suckers. We parked 5 blocks from Fiserv, on the street, for $0.00.

Were you robbed, raped, shot or stabbed?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2023, 10:28:30 AM »

Yes

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2023, 10:30:15 AM »

Yeah, but the value!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2023, 10:32:25 AM »
This sucker paid for parking, but went to the game with a relative that uses a cane and struggles walking long distances.

Have to say, the interest level and excitement level is a high not seen in decades. Good luck to ND building that culture and excitement in two years. MU fans have waited decades for this type of program and it has been worth the wait, imo.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2023, 10:33:16 AM »
This sucker paid for parking, but went to the game with a relative that uses a cane and struggles walking long distances.

Have to say, the interest level and excitement level is a high not seen in decades. Good luck to ND building that culture and excitement in two years. MU fans have waited decades for this type of program and it has been worth the wait, imo.

The crowd was great last night. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2023, 10:36:49 AM »
Obviously, situations like yours are exceptions to the “suckers” designation.

Hope your relative enjoyed the experience as much as our group did (and as much as that South Bend writer apparently did).

Goose

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2023, 10:56:19 AM »

Great seats, great company and saw a lot of old friends. Pretty close to a perfect night in my book.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2023, 11:05:56 AM »
The crowd was great last night.

I loved when they groaned when ND scored its first points of the game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2023, 11:10:53 AM »

Great seats, great company and saw a lot of old friends. Pretty close to a perfect night in my book.

Ditto. Was so much fun getting together with my college buddies and seeing our team crush our hated rival from our college days.

Even went to Goolsby's for a pregame drink!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2023, 11:24:03 AM »
I loved when they groaned when ND scored its first points of the game.
Yes—that was fantastic.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2023, 11:26:34 AM »
Love to read this stuff.  Because I still remember the feeling of being in that situation with MU and feeling that success for MY TEAM was so far away.   Great to be on top. Enjoy the ride.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2023, 11:41:03 AM »
Paying for parking is definitely for suckers.

Since we started coming to games on a regular basis in 2009, I don't believe we have ever paid for parking.

We are Warriors!  A couple of blocks of walking in the cold doesn't faze us at all!
Have some patience, FFS.

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2023, 11:49:44 AM »
Mrs. Gato and I took a nephew to the game. He is a very successful HS FB coach in Chicago. Holds a MA from ND. He had 2 interesting reactions: 1. could not believe how great an atmosphere we had. 2. Was really curious about how Shaka does EGBs as, apparently, the concept is popular in the coaching community—has an EGB article on Shaka on his office door but he has no connection to MU—just likes the concept and trying to incorporate it in his program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2023, 12:15:18 PM »

I parked on the street last night. After the game,  i got back to where I parked and my car wasn't there. I was with a buddy and I told him panicked that my car had been stolen. He asked if we were in the right spot and i double checked the intersection and we were in the right spot but my car wasn't there.

It was then i remembered that i drove my wifes car to the game and i was looking right at it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2023, 12:17:05 PM »
I parked on the street last night. After the game,  i got back to where I parked and my car wasn't there. I was with a buddy and I told him panicked that my car had been stolen. He asked if we were in the right spot and i double checked the intersection and we were in the right spot but my car wasn't there.

It was then i remembered that i drove my wifes car to the game and i was looking right at it.

That happens at 2 am and 30 manhattans later.