Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Post Mortem SB Trib  (Read 3775 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Post Mortem SB Trib
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2023, 12:17:53 PM »
ND sucks!

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2023, 12:23:56 PM »
The crowd was great last night.

Spectacular atmosphere and I thought it clearly rattled ND. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2023, 12:24:17 PM »
I parked on the street last night. After the game,  i got back to where I parked and my car wasn't there. I was with a buddy and I told him panicked that my car had been stolen. He asked if we were in the right spot and i double checked the intersection and we were in the right spot but my car wasn't there.

It was then i remembered that i drove my wifes car to the game and i was looking right at it.

4ever was getting pretty excited about this story until the punchline
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2023, 01:41:58 PM »
I parked on the street last night. After the game,  i got back to where I parked and my car wasn't there. I was with a buddy and I told him panicked that my car had been stolen. He asked if we were in the right spot and i double checked the intersection and we were in the right spot but my car wasn't there.

It was then i remembered that i drove my wifes car to the game and i was looking right at it.

Ha! Great story, TAMU!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Viper

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2023, 01:47:18 PM »
Is that writer a MU grad?  (he apparently is unaware that Shaka’s culture can’t beat Wisconsin)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2023, 02:17:41 PM »
Is that writer a MU grad?  (he apparently is unaware that Shaka’s culture can’t beat Wisconsin)

Or he realizes that’s one game out of over 30 every year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Viper

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2023, 02:33:33 PM »
…every year (it seems!)…or, at least, the past 3.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2023, 02:36:48 PM »
Paying for parking is definitely for suckers.

Since we started coming to games on a regular basis in 2009, I don't believe we have ever paid for parking.

We are Warriors!  A couple of blocks of walking in the cold doesn't faze us at all!
wouldn’t faze bleauteax either

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2023, 02:41:34 PM »
…every year (it seems!)…or, at least, the past 3.

I doubt the Notre Dame beat writer cares at all. He sees the important picture. MU is where ND should aspire to be. Even if they lose to UW every year. Don’t think he’d change his article if you let him know, “Well actually, Shaka can’t beat Wisconsin so you don’t want what we have.”
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2023, 03:06:31 PM »
There are other arenas and atmospheres that are louder than Marquette, but not many have the total package. Passionate fans, pro arena and production, entertainment districts around it. All a mile walk from campus. It's such a unique thing and something that we should be super grateful for.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2023, 04:02:17 PM »
Awesome article

Viper

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2023, 08:08:51 PM »
I doubt the Notre Dame beat writer cares at all. He sees the important picture. MU is where ND should aspire to be. Even if they lose to UW every year. Don’t think he’d change his article if you let him know, “Well actually, Shaka can’t beat Wisconsin so you don’t want what we have.”
just being sarcastic. Not debating. All good.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2023, 08:19:03 PM »
Does Marquette have a JS beat writer with that passion for the team?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2023, 08:54:10 PM »

I don't want the beat writers who cover my favorite teams to root for them.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2023, 09:27:43 PM »
but counts as 5 losses...

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2023, 09:19:36 AM »

Not sure if this is supposed to be teal or not?  If not, I'll point you to Ben Steele.  He's been GREAT as the beat writer for MU athletics.  Well worth the discounted online subscription to JSonline.  The JS has done a far better job than any other traditional media in this state covering anything Marquette and he regularly incorporates, and gives credit to, the non-traditional media guys who so wonderfully cover the team.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2023, 09:27:22 AM »
Not sure if this is supposed to be teal or not?  If not, I'll point you to Ben Steele.  He's been GREAT as the beat writer for MU athletics.  Well worth the discounted online subscription to JSonline.  The JS has done a far better job than any other traditional media in this state covering anything Marquette and he regularly incorporates, and gives credit to, the non-traditional media guys who so wonderfully cover the team.

Correct. And he does it without actively cheering for the team, which isn't his job.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2023, 10:24:05 AM »
Thought the team played well the first half! the one glaring concern for me is this...

OSO - 28 mins, 3 rebounds
Jop - 22 mins, 1 rebound
Gold - 17 mins, 2 rebounds

Chase (a guard) our rebounded the combined three forwards by himself - 28 mins, 8 rebounds. As did Tyler, 27 mins, 7 rebounds.

5' 10" Sean FREAKIN Jones had 2 rebounds in 17 mins.

We will not reach our full potential until this is addressed.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2023, 10:30:21 AM »
Thought the team played well the first half! the one glaring concern for me is this...

OSO - 28 mins, 3 rebounds
Jop - 22 mins, 1 rebound
Gold - 17 mins, 2 rebounds

Chase (a guard) our rebounded the combined three forwards by himself - 28 mins, 8 rebounds. As did Tyler, 27 mins, 7 rebounds.

5' 10" Sean FREAKIN Jones had 2 rebounds in 17 mins.

We will not reach our full potential until this is addressed.

The team as a whole is never going to be mistaken for a good rebounding team. And Oso/Gold will never be Joel Soriano on the glass.

That said, anyone who watches MU knows that for Oso especially a lot of rebounds are thanks to him either clearing space on D or tapping out rebounds to guards on O.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2023, 10:30:43 AM »

Agreed.  Ben is excellent.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2023, 11:02:05 AM »
The team as a whole is never going to be mistaken for a good rebounding team. And Oso/Gold will never be Joel Soriano on the glass.

That said, anyone who watches MU knows that for Oso especially a lot of rebounds are thanks to him either clearing space on D or tapping out rebounds to guards on O.

Yep. Shaka does a great job emphasizing that the guards aren't done with defensive possessions until they get in the lane and help with the boards.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2023, 11:28:39 AM »

Very few of Tyler and Chase's rebounds were due to "tap-outs" from our forwards in the ND game. I also fully understand that none of them will EVER sniff Soriano status regarding rebounding. However, there needs to be a dedicated focus to grabbing the damn ball.

feedback