[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: At the tone...  (Read 28250 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: At the tone...
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2008, 02:38:22 PM »
I realized OJ killed his wife after the Civil lawsuit.

Well, I guess that says it all then, since i realized he did it before I saw that white Bronco cruising around the California freeway system.

I don't pretend to know the legal system. I let the system that has proven itself since the 1700's work itself out. I forgot Wisconsin was the land of geniuses.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2008, 02:40:52 PM »
Any other scoopers get opening day tickets?

You do realize it is March 31st don't you? I had an offer from a seldom scooper, Cub season ticket holder, but decided it was best to take a pass. Something not right about baseball being played in snow.

March 31st, August 2nd, July 23rd. Cubs fans go to the games no matter what. It's why Wrigley is near the top in attendance every year while the debacle Miller Park is visibly empty, unless they're giving away bobbleheads!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2008, 02:41:25 PM »
Getting back on topic Robmufan, Marqptm, WinonaMUFan, a guy known only as Jimbo, and myself were able to acquire opening day bleachers tickets versus the Brewers.

Gonna be a great day!

Oh God don't tell me...Are you guys Wrigley Field Ass Clowns? Floppy hats, beads, Sammy...Sammy...Sammy, yelling "CUBBIES" at arbitrary times, for no apparent reason, and all that good stuff?

The envy has got to be killing you Naivin, it's killing you.

Well, based on that comment, I guess we'll have to go with a resounding yes the ass clown question. I've got news for you, Cub fans don't like you either.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »
I happen to enjoy marqptm!

winonamufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2008, 02:43:46 PM »

You do realize it is March 31st don't you? I had an offer from a seldom scooper, Cub season ticket holder, but decided it was best to take a pass. Something not right about baseball being played in snow.

thats ok, at least cubs fans are true fans and we can actually sell out our home opener.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
Getting back on topic Robmufan, Marqptm, WinonaMUFan, a guy known only as Jimbo, and myself were able to acquire opening day bleachers tickets versus the Brewers.

Gonna be a great day!

Oh God don't tell me...Are you guys Wrigley Field Ass Clowns? Floppy hats, beads, Sammy...Sammy...Sammy, yelling "CUBBIES" at arbitrary times, for no apparent reason, and all that good stuff?

Well, based on that comment, I guess we'll have to go with a resounding yes the ass clown question. I've got news for you, Cub fans don't like you either.

Thank you Naivin, thank you. I realized my 20+ years of loving the Cubs was all a waste. I'm so glad you opened my eyes. I will now join you and other Brewer fans in continually hijacking Cubs threads on here because I guess that's what Brewer fans do.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »

thats ok, at least cubs fans are true fans and we can actually sell out our home opener.

Winona, the Brewers sell out opening day. They just have to give away the tickets with the purchase of a ticket package. Pathetic.

winonamufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2008, 02:45:23 PM »
I happen to enjoy marqptm!

i also enjoy marqptm.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »
Guys, I have to attend a meeting for the next 20 minutes, can we hold off till I get back?  Also, can i get some nationwide updates while im gone, edwards is going for another win!

winonamufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2008, 02:48:48 PM »
Guys, I have to attend a meeting for the next 20 minutes, can we hold off till I get back?  Also, can i get some nationwide updates while im gone, edwards is going for another win!

rob, you are going to come back and this is going to be a 10 page thread..just skip your meeting.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »

Gonna be a great day!

Is the buckethead brigade coming back this year?   

wish they would.. that was great... sorry we don't draw from a huge city with huge surronding cities so it is easy to pack the stadium, and our upper level management have to plan days, and giveaways to attract some fans, or maybe it is just to give back to the fans who have stuck with them threw their hard times.

we gave the central to you last year, its ours this year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

winonamufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2008, 02:50:19 PM »

Winona, the Brewers sell out opening day. They just have to give away the tickets with the purchase of a ticket package. Pathetic.

very true, but at least they come close to selling out when the cubs come into town...i mean it isnt called wrigley field north for no reason.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2008, 02:50:57 PM »

Gonna be a great day!

Thank you Naivin, thank you. I realized my 20+ years of loving the Cubs was all a waste. I'm so glad you opened my eyes. I will now join you and other Brewer fans in continually hijacking Cubs threads on here because I guess that's what Brewer fans do.

its called rivalry... if we started something on the Brewers, you would do the same, don't take it so personally, its called banter.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Jimbo

• Walk-On
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »

Gonna be a great day!

Jimbo is sneaky. I underestimate his sneakiness.

I have emerged from the shadows.

Go Cubs!
Go MU!
Go Murphy's Bleachers!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2008, 02:52:02 PM »

Well, I guess that says it all then, since i realized he did it before I saw that white Bronco cruising around the California freeway system.

I don't pretend to know the legal system. I let the system that has proven itself since the 1700's work itself out.

That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. You aren't capable of drawing your own conclusions? Funny though since earlier in this thread you indicated that Bonds and Clemens are somehow different than Sosa because they were directly named or linked to steroids through a source. You don't have a problem coming to that conclusion because there is a source, but steroids, HGH, etc. are illegal, yet they haven't been convicted by the legal system, so they must not have done it. Same with Gagne, Pettit, Roberst, etc.

winonamufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2008, 02:52:09 PM »

Gonna be a great day!

Is the buckethead brigade coming back this year?   

wish they would.. that was great... sorry we don't draw from a huge city with huge surronding cities so it is easy to pack the stadium, and our upper level management have to plan days, and giveaways to attract some fans, or maybe it is just to give back to the fans who have stuck with them threw their hard times.

we gave the central to you last year, its ours this year.

hard times? wow, you think 100 years without a series win isnt hard times?  yet, we sell out every home game at wrigley...we dont need your crappy giveaways to attract true fans.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »
Somewhat off topic (but this topic is all off to begin with), but a rumor going around (don't think there's much behind it...yet) is that the Brewers and Royals are thinking of swapping leagues.

Back when the Brewers did it, the Royals were actually given first dibs and passed.

Word is the Royals would like the Cards and Cubs to come to town 20 nights a year annually, and the Brewers want to go back to their AL roots.

Doubt it'll happen any time soon, but the rumor is out there.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2008, 02:57:22 PM »

Gonna be a great day!

its called rivalry... if we started something on the Brewers, you would do the same, don't take it so personally, its called banter.

Honestly, I wouldn't have jumped into a Brewers ticket thread to bash Illinois and the Cubs.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2008, 02:59:43 PM »
Somewhat off topic (but this topic is all off to begin with), but a rumor going around (don't think there's much behind it...yet) is that the Brewers and Royals are thinking of swapping leagues.

Back when the Brewers did it, the Royals were actually given first dibs and passed.

Word is the Royals would like the Cards and Cubs to come to town 20 nights a year annually, and the Brewers want to go back to their AL roots.

Doubt it'll happen any time soon, but the rumor is out there.

I also read about that. I believe within 7-10 years there will be another expansion within the MLB and some adjustments will be made within the NL Central to level out the divisions. I say just address it then.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2008, 03:00:16 PM »

Why is it Cubs' fans are so obsessed with how many tickets their club's ownership can sell?
Is it because it's all they're good at?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2008, 03:01:17 PM »
hard times? wow, you think 100 years without a series win isnt hard times?  yet, we sell out every home game at wrigley...we dont need your crappy giveaways to attract true fans.

Ummm..you aren't that old are you. You weren't around before the Tribune made the Cubs about it about Wrigley Field and not baseball. You weren't around in the 70's and 80's when the Cubs couldn't draw flies. Fact is the Cubs have been decent in the recent past - at least they have had some good years. If you are 20 or whatever, you don't know hard times.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2008, 03:25:40 PM »
Well I guess it's time for me to get in this pissing match before the thread gets locked.

The whole Wrigley Field argument is ridiculous.  Why do Cubs fans show up in every city they play in especially Miller Park?

You can't make fun of the Cubs for having 1 World Series Win in the last 100 year then say Cubs fans only come out now because they are good.  What?  We haven't been good since 1945.

Last year we were better than the Brewers.
Two years ago the Brewers were better than the Cubs.

It's that simple.

Just some stats:
Cubs are averaging a World Series Winner every 65.5 years.
Cubs are averaging reaching a World Series every 13.1 years.

Brewers are averaging zero World Series every 37 years.
Brewers are averaging reaching a World Series every 37 years.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2008, 03:30:31 PM »
I also support MarqPTM who is far from being a Cub ass clown.  He reads up on the Cubs every day even in the dead of winter during trade talks.  He supports the Cubs every game even when he can't go to Wrigley which is the only reason to support the Cubs I understand.

Also I understand that the players in 1945 were all off at WWII so before a Brewer fan brings it up lets make it 1938.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2008, 03:31:26 PM »

Why is it Cubs' fans are so obsessed with how many tickets their club's ownership can sell?
Is it because it's all they're good at?

I would just like to point out that when the brewers fans complain about cubs spending money...it's because we have the money.  Where do we get the money?  To start, ticket sales!  Don't tell me that if you didn't have 8 million more dollars, you wouldn't have overpaid even more for gagne

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2008, 03:36:28 PM »
I'm not convincing anyone. I don't need to be convinced. I'm not the one accusing someone of something that hasn't been proven.

McGwire did it. Good. Sosa did it. Cool. Turnbow did it. Great. Andro was highly effective, and baseball didn't ban it.

The ridiculousness of Milwaukee sports fans is laughable. I understand though, at least with Chicago we have had success in other sports. So why not take shots at us, and hijack our thread. We all know where Milwaukee's place is.

Has nothing to do with Milwaukee fans, Chicago fans, or __________ fans. I am more interested in why people choose to bury their heads in the sand and claim that something has not been proven, therefore it didn't happen, and we can't suggest that it happened. I guess it depends on your standards of proof. I am not talking about andro either. Barry Bonds never failed a drug test, yet I am 100% certain he took Steroids/HGH/whatever. Same goes for McGuire, Sosa, Clemens. Heck, the same goes for Lance Armstrong. It may not be in the form of a positive drug test, but the evidence is there. I just don't understand why people like you choose to ignore it.

You do realize OJ killed his wife, right?

You site Bonds and Clemens who have been directly named or linked to steroids through a source. What about Sosa?

Cite. Not site. You're welcome.

You want a thread hijack? I got your thread hijack right here!