[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: At the tone...  (Read 28248 times)

mu-rara

• All American
Re: At the tone...
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 10:01:34 AM »
Funny, Sammy Sosa hasn't been named for doing steroids.

only a fraction of roidheads were named

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 10:25:26 AM »
Sammy Sosa... calling all cork bats?

Funny, as a Cubs fan, I never liked Sammy's attitude, but I thought people went way overboard on the corked bat.  I mean yes, it's a complete disgrace to have one of your players cheating, but every scientific study I've read seems to show that the effect of corked bats is more superstition than science.

http://www.kettering.edu/~drussell/bats-new/corkedbat.html

I mean really, if MLB were to do a study, they'd probably agree the rule against corked bats is stupid.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 11:11:29 AM »

Hasn't been named by whom? I've named him. Anyone with half a brain and any objectivity or deductive reasoning ability has named him.

Are you saying he never used steroids, HGH, etc?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »

Hasn't been named by whom? I've named him. Anyone with half a brain and any objectivity or deductive reasoning ability has named him.

Are you saying he never used steroids, HGH, etc?

We can ask him.  But he will forget how to speak English like he did then he testified before Congress. 

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »

all the evidence I need... the man blew up like McGuire, Bonds, Palmeiro, Tejada

if you don't buy that he took some performance enhancing drugs, then you are truly a Cubs fan.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 01:47:04 PM »
Milwaukee fans are angry, I started this thread to allow all cubs fans to read that tickets were going on sale soon.  I see brewers fans don't care about their fellow comrades!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 01:47:40 PM »
Pretty much he was smart enough not to write out a personal check for the stuff, unlike some Brewers. . .

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 01:48:05 PM »
Sorry, I don't go out naming people for doing steroids when they haven't been named in a report, affidavit, or testimony. Sosa used Andro, which was very legal for a very legal time.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 02:04:11 PM »
this thread is so stupid, just like the cubs and brewers fans who won't let it go. This is a futile argument, they both suck

🏀

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 02:05:06 PM »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2008, 02:07:24 PM »
Sorry, I don't go out naming people for doing steroids when they haven't been named in a report, affidavit, or testimony. Sosa used Andro, which was very legal for a very legal time.

LOL! Yeah, so did Mark McGuire.

Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself? I assure you I am not that naive...are you?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »
I'm not convincing anyone. I don't need to be convinced. I'm not the one accusing someone of something that hasn't been proven.

McGwire did it. Good. Sosa did it. Cool. Turnbow did it. Great. Andro was highly effective, and baseball didn't ban it. If baseball wanted to control it, they should have followed suit with the Olympic Committees.

The ridiculousness of Milwaukee sports fans is laughable. I understand though, at least with Chicago we have had success in other sports. So why not take shots at us, and hijack our thread. We all know where Milwaukee's place is.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:16:55 PM by marqptm »

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008, 02:17:49 PM »
Getting back on topic Robmufan, Marqptm, WinonaMUFan, a guy known only as Jimbo, and myself were able to acquire opening day bleachers tickets versus the Brewers.

Gonna be a great day!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 02:18:47 PM »
Getting back on topic Robmufan, Marqptm, WinonaMUFan, a guy known only as Jimbo, and myself were able to acquire opening day bleachers tickets versus the Brewers.

Gonna be a great day!

Jimbo is sneaky. I underestimate his sneakiness.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »
as long as we are off topic, carl edwards won today in Cali and did an impressive back flip!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »
So what bobble head games am i going to have to sit countless hours in a virtual waiting room in?  God I hope they have pin the syringe on eric gagne night!!!

So far they only have pin the syringe nights scheduled for Guillermo Mota, Derrick Turnbow, and Mike Cameron.  I really don't get the fascination with signing all these former roid/HGH/banned stimulant users.

Aren't the Cubs deperately trying to acquire Brian Roberts?

People in glass houses ...

But muhoosier is right. Both teams blow. Either would be lucky to win 80 games in the AL wheras the Devil Rays would be competing for NL Central crown.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »
I'm not convincing anyone. I don't need to be convinced. I'm not the one accusing someone of something that hasn't been proven.

McGwire did it. Good. Sosa did it. Cool. Turnbow did it. Great. Andro was highly effective, and baseball didn't ban it.

The ridiculousness of Milwaukee sports fans is laughable. I understand though, at least with Chicago we have had success in other sports. So why not take shots at us, and hijack our thread. We all know where Milwaukee's place is.

Has nothing to do with Milwaukee fans, Chicago fans, or __________ fans. I am more interested in why people choose to bury their heads in the sand and claim that something has not been proven, therefore it didn't happen, and we can't suggest that it happened. I guess it depends on your standards of proof. I am not talking about andro either. Barry Bonds never failed a drug test, yet I am 100% certain he took Steroids/HGH/whatever. Same goes for McGuire, Sosa, Clemens. Heck, the same goes for Lance Armstrong. It may not be in the form of a positive drug test, but the evidence is there. I just don't understand why people like you choose to ignore it.

You do realize OJ killed his wife, right?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 02:27:25 PM »
as long as we are off topic, carl edwards won today in Cali and did an impressive back flip!

I'm going to write my response in Navy Blue to represent the Milwaukee Fan response.

Carl Edwards? When was the last time he want a Sprint Cup Championship? Matt Kenseth doesn't spend nearly as much money as Edwards does. Carl Edwards sucks, he cheated back in 2006, because he wasn't using the 2007 Car of Tomorrow.. Do you enjoy paying tolls to see Carl Edwards backflip?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 02:29:20 PM »

McGwire did it. Good. Sosa did it. Cool. Turnbow did it. Great. Andro was highly effective, and baseball didn't ban it.

Has nothing to do with Milwaukee fans, Chicago fans, or __________ fans. I am more interested in why people choose to bury their heads in the sand and claim that something has not been proven, therefore it didn't happen, and we can't suggest that it happened. I guess it depends on your standards of proof. I am not talking about andro either. Barry Bonds never failed a drug test, yet I am 100% certain he took Steroids/HGH/whatever. Same goes for McGuire, Sosa, Clemens. Heck, the same goes for Lance Armstrong. It may not be in the form of a positive drug test, but the evidence is there. I just don't understand why people like you choose to ignore it.

You do realize OJ killed his wife, right?

You site Bonds and Clemens who have been directly named or linked to steroids through a source. What about Sosa?

I realized OJ killed his wife after the Civil lawsuit.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 02:32:35 PM »
Any other scoopers get opening day tickets?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:34:30 PM by TallTitan34 »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2008, 02:33:33 PM »

Gonna be a great day!

Oh God don't tell me...Are you guys Wrigley Field Ass Clowns? Floppy hats, beads, Sammy...Sammy...Sammy, yelling "CUBBIES" at arbitrary times, for no apparent reason, and all that good stuff?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2008, 02:35:26 PM »
I realized OJ killed his wife after the Civil lawsuit.

Well, I guess that says it all then, since i realized he did it before I saw that white Bronco cruising around the California freeway system.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2008, 02:36:14 PM »

Gonna be a great day!

Oh God don't tell me...Are you guys Wrigley Field Ass Clowns? Floppy hats, beads, Sammy...Sammy...Sammy, yelling "CUBBIES" at arbitrary times, for no apparent reason, and all that good stuff?

I actually took my bra off and threw it to Sammy. After that I signed up for a credit card outside Wrigley to get a floppy hat. The envy has got to be killing you Naivin, it's killing you.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »

Gonna be a great day!

Is the buckethead brigade coming back this year?   

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2008, 02:38:17 PM »
Any other scoopers get opening day tickets?

You do realize it is March 31st don't you? I had an offer from a seldom scooper, Cub season ticket holder, but decided it was best to take a pass. Something not right about baseball being played in snow.