Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sean Jones  (Read 10610 times)

DoctorV

• All American
Sean Jones
« on: November 10, 2023, 09:37:12 PM »
The box score doesn’t particularly show it, but Sean Jones played an excellent game tonight, and has improved a ton.

Great for that kid to dig in and not throw in the towel playing behind the BEPoY with more firepower coming in at the 1-3 positions.

We might need him big as soon as Tuesday in Champiagn with TyKos ankle.

SJ22, your table is set
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 09:43:21 PM by DoctorV »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Sean Jones
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 09:44:43 PM »
He looked great. Much more under control with the ability to create for others.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 09:45:34 PM »
He is far better than I thought he would be...

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 09:49:03 PM »
His speed and quickness is off the charts and he played under control.  Those spin moves are terrific and he showed some great passing ability as well.  He’s beyond a pest on D; he and Stevie will create a lot of turnovers together.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 03:28:54 AM »
The truth!

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 06:06:28 AM »
Sean is simply a great point guard. He was the number one high school point guard in Ohio. Great talent.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 06:13:58 AM »
He’s done well. Want to see him against better competition.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2023, 06:36:41 AM »
He’s done well. Want to see him against better competition.

Agree, though I am optimistic.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2023, 06:36:44 AM »
Shaka mentioned it in the postgame, but he's really improved his ability to change speeds. I think he's a better long range shooter than he's shown, but if he can be a 35% guy from deep, that will make his hesitations that much more effective. I feel a lot better about our depth watching him this year.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2023, 07:09:22 AM »
Shaka mentioned it in the postgame, but he's really improved his ability to change speeds. I think he's a better long range shooter than he's shown, but if he can be a 35% guy from deep, that will make his hesitations that much more effective. I feel a lot better about our depth watching him this year.

Yep. Yesterday was actually the first time I felt he can be an effective BE pg without really having to score much, but making some 3s would be a huge boost.

His vision and passing seem a lot better, as if the game is slowing down for him a lot.

I’m sure if he has to play a bunch on Tuesday he will make several mistakes that irritate folks, the kind that TyKo doesn’t make, but I’m also very confident he will clean them up as the season progresses.

Yesterday was also the first time I felt confident that we will be ok after Tyler leaves, when that time unfortunately comes.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2023, 07:43:26 AM »
Pogo stick vert. Serious flight.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2023, 07:46:25 AM »
Yep. Yesterday was actually the first time I felt he can be an effective BE pg without really having to score much, but making some 3s would be a huge boost.

His vision and passing seem a lot better, as if the game is slowing down for him a lot.

I’m sure if he has to play a bunch on Tuesday he will make several mistakes that irritate folks, the kind that TyKo doesn’t make, but I’m also very confident he will clean them up as the season progresses.

Yesterday was also the first time I felt confident that we will be ok after Tyler leaves, when that time unfortunately comes.
Kolek caught Scoop wrath at times in year 1. Big improvement, of course, to last season. I think Jones will do well in an expanded role, especially with a healthy hand/wrist.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2023, 08:30:04 AM »
I think Sean looks much improved this season. If Kolek is out for a bit I would put the ball in his hands. He looks more confident and is changing up his speed more.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2023, 08:49:59 AM »

That would open his game up considerably.  If someone has to respect his deep shot, he can pump fake instead and blow past creating open shots on defensive switches.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2023, 09:18:48 AM »
The box score doesn’t particularly show it, but Sean Jones played an excellent game tonight, and has improved a ton.

Great for that kid to dig in and not throw in the towel playing behind the BEPoY with more firepower coming in at the 1-3 positions.

We might need him big as soon as Tuesday in Champiagn with TyKos ankle.

SJ22, your table is set

Why would he throw in the towel?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2023, 09:45:27 AM »

Yep yep.

Jones was outstanding last night and quite good for most of the opener.

I was pleasantly surprised but I really shouldn't have been -- yet another Shaka player improving significantly between Year 1 and Year 2.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2023, 03:47:11 PM »
Why would he throw in the towel?

No idea, stupid suggestion.

Kid is definitely a warrior!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2023, 03:53:35 PM »
Sean Jones is a HAVOC dude like Stevie, with better handles and outside shooting, but less length. He needs to start if no TK, then Shaka will go from there.
Goal is National Championship

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2023, 04:38:00 PM »
Sean will be asked to fill in for Tyler now. I hope it's only for a week or two. It's so disappointing. Horrible, with the big games coming up in the next few weeks. You guys know the schedule. It' a tough schedule. A rough run. Personally, I always say, Bring it on!  We all know that at the end of February the bracket people and the seeders (NCAA) will be looking at non conference wins. And wins against ranked teams. That's why the AD set up this early schedule. And the games go on. No one is going to say when MU loses to this team or that team it's because Tyler twisted his ankle. It's next man up. Sean can handle what will be his job description. Get the ball up the court without turning it over get into the paint and pass the ball. He is surrounded by scorers. He can't be part of the triangle. Did he figure out how to change pace because the game has slowed down for him? I doubt it. He is a blur but he has the ability to dribble in and out of every tight situation. Chase Ross will develop more and more quickly. MU will adapt and when TK comes back the team will benefit. Deeper, more experienced to handle adversity, and really feel like a team built on culture and sacrifice.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2023, 05:12:15 PM »
No idea, stupid suggestion.

Kid is definitely a warrior!

I agree.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2023, 05:20:46 PM »
I have zero problem in Kolek cannot go against Illinois. This team is playing for postseason success and the more Sean plays in big moments the better the team will get.

With or without Tyler, I expect a win on Tuesday.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2023, 05:23:57 PM »
I have zero problem in Kolek cannot go against Illinois. This team is playing for postseason success and the more Sean plays in big moments the better the team will get.

I expect a win as well.  Sean is ready. 

1SE

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2023, 12:31:19 AM »

Yes, rather than disaster this is opportunity.  Going into illinois house and beating them without Kolek makes a serious statement that MU is back.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2023, 08:08:47 AM »
Yes, rather than disaster this is opportunity.  Going into illinois house and beating them without Kolek makes a serious statement that MU is back.

Do you have a reliable source telling you that Kolek won't play?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2023, 09:38:14 AM »
Sean Jones has been the most eye-popping improvement from any player thus far. Really gives you confidence about MU's future. If Kolek and Oso depart after this season and you keep the rest of the band together, MU should still be ranked coming into next year, possibly highly.