Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Coaching Carousel  (Read 147221 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: 2024 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #750 on: March 08, 2024, 03:17:54 PM »
Drew has MSU lineage, grew up in Lansing father played for Spartans and he was a Graduate Manager there. My guess is he is hoping to position to get Izzo job when he retires.

3 or 4 more strong years at A-10 level would position him well for that job.

Izzo aint lasting three or four more years at MSU, so it'll be before that.  Plus, his son just had senior night... just saying.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #751 on: March 08, 2024, 03:33:56 PM »
Izzo aint lasting three or four more years at MSU, so it'll be before that.  Plus, his son just had senior night... just saying.

And they ain’t hiring Drew Valentine on the cheap
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #752 on: March 08, 2024, 03:39:33 PM »
Keefe's guy is gone.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #753 on: March 08, 2024, 04:06:17 PM »
Hopkins gone at Washington

MuMark

• All American

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #755 on: March 08, 2024, 05:18:54 PM »
Hopkins gone at Washington
Right before the final PAC12 tournament? That's cruel.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #756 on: March 09, 2024, 01:32:32 PM »
https://x.com/goodmanhoops/status/1766178032706814405?s=61&t=6XPB8f4sAKmJIzxgMcsCjw

Who knew that hiring a 32 year old with only 4 years as an assistant at a single mid major program wouldn’t work out?  Unless you thought there was an angle with his Dad’s AAU program

Viper

• All American
« Reply #757 on: March 09, 2024, 02:11:07 PM »
Who knew that hiring a 32 year old with only 4 years as an assistant at a single mid major program wouldn’t work out?  Unless you thought there was an angle with his Dad’s AAU program
had some prior season success there. Lost two key guys off last seasons team to BIG schools that hurt him. Results business, for sure.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #758 on: March 09, 2024, 03:00:12 PM »
rumors of Scott drew going places-indiana, louisville

curious to see if Baylor will let him go after essentially resurrecting a program, winning a natty and building a new arena for him

I believe the guy they should go after is his brother Bryce.  he would be more "gettable"
don't...don't don't don't don't

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #759 on: March 09, 2024, 03:11:08 PM »

curious to see if Baylor will let him go after essentially resurrecting a program, winning a natty and building a new arena for him

I believe the guy they should go after is his brother Bryce.  he would be more "gettable"

He was pretty bad at Vandy.  Some stuff that was unfortunate but he completely lost the team his final year.

He’s been pretty good at Grand Canyon, but not the caliber of someone you’d expect for a job like IU or even Louisville

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #760 on: March 09, 2024, 03:12:25 PM »

“Let him go?” He likely has buyout provisions outlined in his contract.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #761 on: March 10, 2024, 01:38:20 PM »
Dana Ford out at Missouri State. I guess they have great expectations of what their program should be

https://hoopdirt.com/dana-ford-out-as-head-basketball-coach-at-missouri-state/
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #763 on: March 10, 2024, 09:48:51 PM »
@CoachingChanges
We are told from a new source (unvetted but does happen to work directly for one of the best connected people in college basketball circles) that Porter Moser is "done" to DePaul.

Not sure we believe it.

Also not sure we don't.

Time will tell.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #764 on: March 10, 2024, 10:03:54 PM »
Hope that’s true.

Called that one if so. Good fit for both parties imo.

Porter should bring in the kid from uwm, would be a huge upgrade for DePaul.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #765 on: March 10, 2024, 10:07:07 PM »
@CoachingChanges
We are told from a new source (unvetted but does happen to work directly for one of the best connected people in college basketball circles) that Porter Moser is "done" to DePaul.

Not sure we believe it.

Also not sure we don't.

Time will tell.

If it turns out to be true, I think this would be the best answer for DePaul. Moser, back in his beloved Chicago, likely still has plenty of local recruiting contacts, even though I know many recruits choose schools far from home. I could imagine him getting them out of the cellar. Expecting anything more than moving up 2-3 of spots in the BE anytime in the next several years is not realistic. It took him a while with Loyola, but he kept at it. If DP is serious about salvaging what's left of their program and gives him the support he needs, this is good news. No doubt he knows the fans will not return for a very long time and will be few in number.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #766 on: March 10, 2024, 10:16:58 PM »
Moser would be a good hire for DePaul but I don’t really understand why it’s good news from an MU perspective. Them being in the absolute cellar of college basketball has worked out just fine for us. Would prefer them to stay that way unless there’s something I’m missing.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #767 on: March 10, 2024, 10:18:51 PM »
He was pretty bad at Vandy.  Some stuff that was unfortunate but he completely lost the team his final year.

He’s been pretty good at Grand Canyon, but not the caliber of someone you’d expect for a job like IU or even Louisville

Darius Garland being injured the entire year is the "some stuff."  New AD wanted to make a splash with Stackhouse and that didn't work out either.

Any idea if one of the assistants leaves, if Yaklich would want to join Shaka again?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #768 on: March 10, 2024, 10:21:24 PM »
Moser would be a good hire for DePaul but I don’t really understand why it’s good news from an MU perspective. Them being in the absolute cellar of college basketball has worked out just fine for us. Would prefer them to stay that way unless there’s something I’m missing.

Because there is almost nothing to gain in NET by beating them. It's like playing another cupcake.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #769 on: March 10, 2024, 10:25:33 PM »
Because there is almost nothing to gain in NET by beating them. It's like playing another cupcake.

Also, it can't hurt the next TV contract if the team in the league's second-largest market is actually watchable.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #770 on: March 11, 2024, 03:38:59 AM »

Marquette’s performance has nothing to do with De Paul.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #771 on: March 11, 2024, 08:04:08 AM »
What DePaul + Georgetown did for the Big East is create the illusion of solid teams who probably weren't.

The 3 Top 15 teams were never going to lose to the 10th and 11th team but you could expect the 6-9th teams to lose one or two. Instead they all sweep DePaul + Georgetown and you end up with this on the back half of the conference:

10-10
10-10
9-11
9-11
2-18
0-20

Maybe with a normal 10th + last place team Xavier goes 7-13 instead of 9-11 and you look at them a lot different.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #772 on: March 11, 2024, 08:33:03 AM »
I feel like there would be fairly minimal overlap from a recruiting perspective between Moser and Shaka. Based on comparing their styles for the MU job at least.

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #773 on: March 11, 2024, 08:39:00 AM »
I doubt that the league's tv contract is impacted by DePaul being good or bad. They still have Chicago viewers who tune in to watch whoever is stomping DePaul that night. Plus, I never had the4 sense that DePaul has any huge, mystical fan base in Chicago that will suddenly come to life if they have a good team. Chicagoans were legitimately interested when Loyola made the tournament run a couple of years ago, but they were mostly, I think, amused at Sister Jean and the media attention she was getting. I agree that Moser could greatly improve the team, but so could a lot of other legitimate coaches if DePaul could get them. It would be easy to improve over what they have had recently. Every league has its bottom-dweller, but it does seem like DePaul has been in that role for an awful long time.

WeAreMarquette96

• Scholarship Player

feedback