[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Was: Israel is at War; Now: Scoopers diagnose your anti-Semitism  (Read 112399 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Israel is at War
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2023, 12:15:14 PM »
Fluffy BM, the Buffoon's original response included the call for Israel to show "restraint" in its response. That has now been deleted.
As for being a "partisan hack," that term applies to nearly every poster on Scoop, aina?

I was mostly focusing on the "brainless" part in your case.

Anyway, the US Office of Palestinian Affairs tweeted something about restraint, which was soon deleted. Probably because it WASN'T the official response. But of course, all conservative media jumps on it.  And you throw it up like they want you to because partisanship is always goal #1.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2023, 12:15:38 PM »
Enes Kanter Freedom's response,

I’ve been closely monitoring what’s going on in the Middle East," Kanter Freedom said. "I’ve come across numerous messages, and I believe that it’s very important to address the situation in Israel with clarity. What is happening there is undeniably barbaric, acts of terrorism that cannot be softened with ‘buts’ or additional justifications.
"The loss of innocent lives can never be justified by any means. It’s crucial to emphasize that these events have nothing to do with Islam. In fact, Islam teaches that taking the life of one innocent person is equal to killing entire humanity. We have to condemn these actions and stand in solidarity with the innocent people in Israel. Many of my Palestinian friends are not supporting Hamas, each act of Hamas terrorism; taking away hopes for peace in the region."

He should shut up and dribble and take a look at China
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2023, 12:22:37 PM »
no excuse!  unprovoked!  disgusting! 

i just hope we have something left to help out israel with.  between Ukraine and the illegal invasions, terrorists and the cartels here, the admin is very poorly prepared for anymore conflict. 

BTW, I will point out that Iran's biggest ally right now is Russia.  So maybe supporting Ukraine is important.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2023, 12:23:24 PM »
I see the "Blame America" crowd has surfaced.
Love it or leave it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2023, 12:23:52 PM »

BTW, I will point out that Iran's biggest ally right now is Russia.  So maybe supporting Ukraine is important.

Real brain teaser right now
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2023, 12:41:27 PM »
Fluffy BM, the Buffoon's original response included the call for Israel to show "restraint" in its response. That has now been deleted.
As for being a "partisan hack," that term applies to nearly every poster on Scoop, aina?

Here's what is being reported,
Shamefully, the Biden administration’s first instinct in responding to this unfolding atrocity was to call for Israeli restraint, as innocent Israelis were being kidnapped, murdered, and paraded through the streets. It was a statement so disastrously wrongheaded that the office that issued it was forced to delete it.

It is not surprising that people with nothing to lose will resort to terrible things. My heart aches for the innocent civilians in this conflict who are paying the price.

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2023, 12:45:48 PM »
It is not surprising that people with nothing to lose will resort to terrible things. My heart aches for the innocent civilians in this conflict who are paying the price.

This has nothing to do with people with nothing to lose. It has to do with Iran causing chaos.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2023, 01:00:42 PM »
This has nothing to do with people with nothing to lose. It has to do with Iran causing chaos.

Teal?

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2023, 01:15:29 PM »
Anyway, the US Office of Palestinian Affairs tweeted something about restraint, which was soon deleted. Probably because it WASN'T the official response. But of course, all conservative media jumps on it.  And you throw it up like they want you to because partisanship is always goal #1.

Yeap.  No one was ever going to deny that Israel has the right and responsibility to repel and defend against a horrible terrorist attack on its civilians. 
FWIW the tally so far: 200 Israelis killed and 985 injured; 232 Palestinians killed and 1,697 injured. What % of Palestinian casualities are realistically tied to Hamas? Direct quote from Israeli Defense Force top official: "Hamas has opened the gates of hell into the Gaza Strip."  Israel is absolutely in the process of killing more civilians than Hamas, which will in turn continue the cycle of radicalization. 

Iran's political leadership will get the chaos it is hoping for, and the West's hamfisted response will continue to strengthen the Iranian political establishment by conflating the desires of the Iranian people with its government.  If the West didn't take the bait literally every time the Iranian leadership riles them up, I think there is a real likelihood we would have seen a much more democratic structure in Iran by now.  But instead all the smartest people here will focus on the Buffoon and call him weak if he doesn't play into the Supreme Leader's hands, becuase they're so smart and strong and virile.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 01:39:30 PM by MUBurrow »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2023, 01:18:51 PM »
Here's the White House official statement.  Try not to be a brainless partisan hack for once.

"This morning, I spoke with Prime Minister Netanyahu about the horrific and ongoing attacks in Israel.  The United States unequivocally condemns this appalling assault against Israel by Hamas terrorists from Gaza, and I made clear to Prime Minister Netanyahu that we stand ready to offer all appropriate means of support to the Government and people of Israel. Terrorism is never justified. Israel has a right to defend itself and its people. The United States warns against any other party hostile to Israel seeking advantage in this situation.  My Administration’s support for Israel’s security is rock solid and unwavering."

This seems like an excellent statement.

And even if they had urged restraint, it wouldn't be a terrible statement. Israel has a right to defend itself and its people, that doesn't mean they can't show restraint to help quell the cycle of violence.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2023, 01:29:02 PM »
Israel got what it wanted here, and let's not pretend otherwise. We need a new word other than war for when there are two terrorist groups fighting.

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2023, 01:44:59 PM »
Israel got what it wanted here, and let's not pretend otherwise. We need a new word other than war for when there are two terrorist groups fighting.

I don’t think Israel wanted this. By all indication they were completely caught off guard.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2023, 01:54:21 PM »
I don’t think Israel wanted this. By all indication they were completely caught off guard.

Not saying right now, but in general. Watch what happens next when Israel responds with disproportionate force.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2023, 01:58:45 PM »
I think you need to hit the reset button on this hot take.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2023, 02:28:41 PM »
I think you need to hit the reset button on this hot take.
Yeah. Israel doesn’t need a major excuse to indiscriminately kill civilians usually.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2023, 02:43:09 PM »
FWIW the tally so far: 200 Israelis killed and 985 injured; 232 Palestinians killed and 1,697 injured. What % of Palestinian casualities are realistically tied to Hamas? Direct quote from Israeli Defense Force top official: "Hamas has opened the gates of hell into the Gaza Strip."  Israel is absolutely in the process of killing more civilians than Hamas, which will in turn continue the cycle of radicalization. 

There is an issue with doing these apples to apples comparisons.  Not excusing war crimes or extra judicial killings when they happen, but when one side is fighting with active military forces and the other is a rebel group with scores of unofficial volunteers, it makes those counts on the Palestinian side pretty grey.  Give a teen or early 20s dude a guy a gun and tell him to shoot at the people he’s been taught to hate. But he’s not officially a Hamas soldier so he’s called a civilian when he’s killed.

Also, it’s not like Hamas/Hezbollah is lobbing rockets at strategic IDF sites.  Israel doesn’t keep civilians alongside soldiers.  However rebel forces in Gaza and the West Bank do, purposefully putting key strategic sites in residential buildings and areas.  So Israel either attacks rebel leaders and weapons/communications hubs near civilians or they do nothing.  Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.  Except the don’t leads to dead Israelis with no retaliation.

Again, Israel has done a lot of indefensible  things and more than a few IDF soldiers should have been tried for war crimes/murder.  But acting like Israel kills Palestinian civilians with the same intent and malice as legitimate terrorist groups is just mainlining the PR spin from pro-Palestine/anti-Israel groups.

The same kind of PR spin that when I searched this morning, I saw about half dozen times a video of “Hamas” soldiers protecting and guiding an Israeli woman and child to safety because “we have nothing against Israeli people, just your government”…as civilian bodies were laying in the streets and civilian homes were being shot up 

GB Warrior

• All American

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2023, 02:57:34 PM »
There is an issue with doing these apples to apples comparisons.  Not excusing war crimes or extra judicial killings when they happen, but when one side is fighting with active military forces and the other is a rebel group with scores of unofficial volunteers, it makes those counts on the Palestinian side pretty grey.  Give a teen or early 20s dude a guy a gun and tell him to shoot at the people he’s been taught to hate. But he’s not officially a Hamas soldier so he’s called a civilian when he’s killed.

Also, it’s not like Hamas/Hezbollah is lobbing rockets at strategic IDF sites.  Israel doesn’t keep civilians alongside soldiers.  However rebel forces in Gaza and the West Bank do, purposefully putting key strategic sites in residential buildings and areas.  So Israel either attacks rebel leaders and weapons/communications hubs near civilians or they do nothing.  Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.  Except the don’t leads to dead Israelis with no retaliation.

Again, Israel has done a lot of indefensible  things and more than a few IDF soldiers should have been tried for war crimes/murder.  But acting like Israel kills Palestinian civilians with the same intent and malice as legitimate terrorist groups is just mainlining the PR spin from pro-Palestine/anti-Israel groups.

The same kind of PR spin that when I searched this morning, I saw about half dozen times a video of “Hamas” soldiers protecting and guiding an Israeli woman and child to safety because “we have nothing against Israeli people, just your government”…as civilian bodies were laying in the streets and civilian homes were being shot up

Where and how exactly would Palestinians be able to separate civilians from military with 2 million people in 140 square miles? I don’t doubt they absolutely know their strategic actions regarding the matter but let’s not pretend like this is a large autonomous country that’s just cramming their forces into civilian hubs.

Also, why are teenagers that you’re attributing to that civilian number picking up arms and fighting against insurmountable odds? Is it maybe because they’ve had a boot on their neck their whole lives? As I said more or less above, there’s little water and resources to be had anyway so if you have nothing to lose, this is how people are radicalized.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 03:03:01 PM by Plaque Lives Matter! »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2023, 03:17:02 PM »
And we gave Iran 6B a few weeks ago.

Iran had $6 billion in oil sales under the Trump administration in a South Korean bank. None of it is U.S. taxpayer money. Under the Trump administration, 4 banks were allowed to hold Iranian oil sales money. And under the Trump administration it was agreed to allow the money to be used for humanitarian aid.

Iran doesn’t have control of the money. And its use is for humanitarian aid only.

None of the money has been spent yet. It’s in a Qatari bank under U.S. Dept of Treasury watch.

But sure make up whatever you want.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2023, 03:19:01 PM »
Gaza will be completely occupied and Iran may be directly hit as well.  This will be a retaliation unlike anything we have seen in the last 50 yrs there.  Hamas will be completely obliterated and unfortunately many civilians will die.  I would not be surprised if the Mullahs are taken out.  Iran's people would welcome that as well.  As a wrote in my first post, this will be a massive response. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 03:29:50 PM by MuggsyB »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2023, 03:20:26 PM »
Iran had $6 billion in oil sales under the Trump administration in a South Korean bank. None of it is U.S. taxpayer money. Under the Trump administration, 4 banks were allowed to hold Iranian oil sales money. And under the Trump administration it was agreed to allow the money to be used for humanitarian aid.

Iran doesn’t have control of the money. And its use is for humanitarian aid only.

None of the money has been spent yet. It’s in a Qatari bank under U.S. Dept of Treasury watch.

Bcrape.  You believe Blinken and whatever you want. 

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2023, 03:31:47 PM »

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2023, 03:54:46 PM »

Shoothoops, I hope you are not waiting for Muggs to reply and admit that he was wrong.  That will be a long wait ...

Tic, toc ... tic, toc ... tic, toc

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2023, 04:03:34 PM »
Shoothoops, I hope you are not waiting for Muggs to reply and admit that he was wrong.  That will be a long wait ...

Tic, toc ... tic, toc ... tic, toc

Well, the Feinstein thread got to 8 pages, so there's a lotta ballgame left

MuggsyB

• All American

feedback