[Today at 09:02:39 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by SaveOD238
[Today at 05:52:02 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Feinstein Dead at 90  (Read 6194 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Feinstein Dead at 90
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2023, 01:14:20 PM »
Gaetz and the other wingnuts trying to cancel McCarthy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2023, 01:17:14 PM »
Even the host started laughing this morning when McCarthy said Rs saved the country from the D attempted shutdown.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2023, 02:10:58 PM »
As a side note, most of the comments in this thread are reprehensible. Regardless of whether you agreed with her politics. She is a human being, she had family, and she was successful and inspired a lot of people.

Retire a hero or insist on feebly staying in office long enough to become a villain.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2023, 02:30:50 PM »
Obviously, there are good rich people and bad rich people, good poor people and bad poor people, good middle-class people and bad middle-class people.

But too often, there's stuff like this from today's WSJ "Number":

$14

Walmart’s minimum hourly wage. Over the summer, Walmart reduced the starting hourly wage of some new hires in stores through a restructuring of store roles. In another change, many Walmart corporate staff are getting new titles and pay packages.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2023, 02:45:02 PM »
You make truly bad choices of the people you know.

I can honestly say the wealthiest people I know are some of the most ethical and generous people I know.

Yes, there are despicable people who have great wealth and they certainly generate media exposure that could lead people to assume all uber wealthy are bad people. Not very different than believing most police officers are horrible people.

Spot on WT
The few Ubers I know are over and above generous with their time and money. My eyebrows did rise when I discovered DF acquired. >$ 100M in real estate on a Senators pay. Seems regardless of party congressmen seem very fortunate in their investments

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2023, 02:52:52 PM »
Spot on WT
The few Ubers I know are over and above generous with their time and money. My eyebrows did rise when I discovered DF acquired. >$ 100M in real estate on a Senators pay. Seems regardless of party congressmen seem very fortunate in their investments

Might have something to do with the fact she was married to a billionaire.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2023, 02:59:39 PM »
Might have something to do with the fact she was married to a billionaire.

Lol. Yeah. It’s pretty obvious why she was wealthy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2023, 03:34:54 PM »
You make truly bad choices of the people you know.

I can honestly say the wealthiest people I know are some of the most ethical and generous people I know.

Yes, there are despicable people who have great wealth and they certainly generate media exposure that could lead people to assume all uber wealthy are bad people. Not very different than believing most police officers are horrible people.

I would argue you don't know what the business side of their life looks like.

Being generous has nothing to do with how they accumulated their wealth. The reason many say government officials are corrupt, is because part of the game is bribes/greasing palms, and many other related things. Who do you think does the greasing? Who do you think bends the rules, and buys the bills that allow them to prosper.

Those that are truly uber wealthy, got there by playing the system, which is the same system the politicians that people here are saying corrupt played. If the congressman/senators are corrupt, so are the businessman, can't have one without the other.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2023, 03:38:51 PM »
I would argue you don't know what the business side of their life looks like.

Being generous has nothing to do with how they accumulated their wealth. The reason many say government officials are corrupt, is because part of the game is bribes/greasing palms, and many other related things. Who do you think does the greasing? Who do you think bends the rules, and buys the bills that allow them to prosper.

Those that are truly uber wealthy, got there by playing the system, which is the same system the politicians that people here are saying corrupt played. If the congressman/senators are corrupt, so are the businessman, can't have one without the other.

Yeah that’s just not my experience. I have had the fortune of knowing multiple people worth eight and nine figures who earned their wealth through their work. As I said, mostly through taking risks on themselves.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2023, 03:43:43 PM »
Yeah that’s just not my experience. I have had the fortune of knowing multiple people worth eight and nine figures who earned their wealth through their work. As I said, mostly through taking risks on themselves.

To be fair, I'm talking people with minimum net worths north of $500M. And I'm not saying they didn't get their wealth from their work, but rather the nature of the game very very often involves having to bend/break ones morals.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2023, 09:09:53 AM »
Gaetz and the other wingnuts trying to cancel McCarthy.

Seems crazy. I'm not a fan of McCarthy by any means, but in order to replace him, you need someone else who can get the votes to take his job after he's ousted. As it took 15 times to get him confirmed, it sure doesn't seem like anyone else is more likely. Probably a better shot a few Republicans cross the aisle and vote for Hakeem Jeffries than anyone else gets the Speakership from the Republican party.

And don't mean this politically (tough in this thread) but I'm honestly baffled by what the strategy could be in getting rid of him with no succession plan in place.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2023, 09:12:09 AM »
And don't mean this politically (tough in this thread) but I'm honestly baffled by what the strategy could be in getting rid of him with no succession plan in place.

Strategy? You're funny!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2023, 10:09:32 AM »
Seems crazy. I'm not a fan of McCarthy by any means, but in order to replace him, you need someone else who can get the votes to take his job after he's ousted. As it took 15 times to get him confirmed, it sure doesn't seem like anyone else is more likely. Probably a better shot a few Republicans cross the aisle and vote for Hakeem Jeffries than anyone else gets the Speakership from the Republican party.

Gaetz is a lunatic.   His only plan is chaos and attention for himself.  (He wants to run for FL gov after DeSantis is term limited.)

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2023, 09:31:44 PM »
Gaetz is a lunatic.   His only plan is chaos and attention for himself.  (He wants to run for FL gov after DeSantis is term limited.)

Agreed. He is one of several (both side of the aisle), that I wouldn't trust to work at a McDonalds or mow my lawn.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2023, 04:02:18 PM »

Kevin McCarthy, thank you for sacrificing your dignity.  Here are some steak knives as a parting gift.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2023, 04:07:19 PM »
Kevin McCarthy, thank you for sacrificing your dignity.  Here are some steak knives as a parting gift.

This all could have been avoided if Kevin had just read "The Scorpion and the Frog" back in January.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2023, 04:09:59 PM »
Whole country being extorted by 11 members.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2023, 04:12:00 PM »
Cancel culture run amok.

Psst: It's not about spending; it's about dismantling democracy.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2023, 04:15:54 PM »
Cancel culture run amok.

Psst: It's not about spending; it's about dismantling democracy.
Only wish some of that $33,000,000,000,000 came my way.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2023, 04:17:34 PM »
It did.   Military, etc.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 04:20:39 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2023, 04:20:03 PM »
I think I will take my M1 Abrams for a spin around the block now.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2023, 04:20:15 PM »
It did.   Military.

We spend way too much on the military given how woke it’s become.  I heard sailors wrote poetry now!  In what world have sailors ever written poetry?!?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2023, 04:20:37 PM »
I think I will take my M1 Abrams for a spin around the block now.

Check your zoning laws first

tower912

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2023, 04:21:03 PM »
Take it on an interstate highway.   Fill it up with fuel you are subsidizing.

I assume from your tone you returned your stimulus checks and whomever you work for did not get any money, either.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 04:45:58 PM by tower912 »

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2023, 05:18:22 PM »
Tower, so do you keep adding additional items as your mind churns out other nifty thoughts?  What was your major at MU?  Are you using it a lot?