[June 09, 2024, 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[June 09, 2024, 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Feinstein Dead at 90  (Read 6193 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Feinstein Dead at 90
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2023, 05:51:51 PM »
I disagreed with her 90% of the time. That said, she was a way above average Senator.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2023, 08:23:12 PM »
I disagreed with her 90% of the time. That said, she was a way above average Senator.

If you enjoy kleptocracy, sure, she kicked ass.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2023, 08:48:12 PM »
If you enjoy kleptocracy, sure, she kicked ass.

I mean she was hardly unique in that regard.  Feel like thats kind of table stakes in examining the legacy of any long tenured politician.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2023, 10:31:33 PM »
Who on her staff is responsible for telling her?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2023, 10:38:46 AM »
Priceless!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2023, 11:41:54 AM »

McConnell’s corpse.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2023, 12:28:36 PM »
McConnell’s corpse.

A few walking corpses in DC besides Mitch.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2023, 02:53:44 PM »

The same person on her staff who lied to her about Brett Kavanaugh being a serial rapist some 35 years previous.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2023, 03:11:22 PM »
Waiting to see if you guys make the same nasty comments when the likes of  McConnell and Grassley go.
She set a lot of ‘firsts’ and blazed the trail for a lot of women on both sides of the aisle.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2023, 04:09:07 PM »
Waiting to see if you guys make the same nasty comments when the likes of  McConnell and Grassley go.
She set a lot of ‘firsts’ and blazed the trail for a lot of women on both sides of the aisle.

Their leader demands it. Yesterday he was making fun of Paul Pelosi again.

These guys will proudly wallow in the mud.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2023, 04:25:33 PM »

She and Ginsburg overstayed their welcome, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2023, 09:19:36 PM »

And significantly harmed the causes they claimed to care most about by doing so.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2023, 09:40:14 PM »

On deck in the "I'm--bigger--than--my--Party" club, Senator John Fetterman.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2023, 09:43:07 PM »
Nothing like a bunch of sweater vests dogging old people. I think we’ve reached a new level of enlightenment

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2023, 09:50:50 PM »
On deck in the "I'm--bigger--than--my--Party" club, Senator John Fetterman.

You do know that about a dozen "look at me" radicals who think they're bigger than their party were trying to force a government shutdown, right?

McCarthy finally did the right thing, and now the radicals in his own party will again threaten to take his leadership position away from him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2023, 10:46:49 PM »
Anyone who dies of old age in governmental office deserves substantial ridicule because it means they were way past their prime.  We need term limits to solve this problem.  Even more importantly, we need requirements for wealth and leadership experience (like Singapore) before people are allowed to stand for these offices.  I'd much rather support a liberal like Herb Kohl who won't be bought than a conservative like McConnell who is available to the highest bidder - and can even switch positions within a week on issues when a better offer comes in. 

These senators and representatives live on sucking up to power and sucking up to donors.  They are almost all scum. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2023, 11:19:40 PM »
Nothing like a bunch of sweater vests dogging old people. I think we’ve reached a new level of enlightenment

Great comment.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2023, 07:20:32 AM »
Even more importantly, we need requirements for wealth and leadership experience (like Singapore) before people are allowed to stand for these offices.  I'd much rather support a liberal like Herb Kohl who won't be bought than a conservative like McConnell who is available to the highest bidder - and can even switch positions within a week on issues when a better offer comes in. 

Because, as we all know, the wealthy are incorruptible and throughout history have shown a great proclivity toward the interests of the common man.
Bring back the aristocracy!

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2023, 07:23:18 AM »
Because, as we all know, the wealthy are incorruptible and throughout history have shown a great proclivity toward the interests of the common man.
Bring back the aristocracy!

Yeah that was one bizarro take whichever side you generally support.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2023, 08:41:05 AM »
Anyone who dies of old age in governmental office deserves substantial ridicule because it means they were way past their prime.  We need term limits to solve this problem.  Even more importantly, we need requirements for wealth and leadership experience (like Singapore) before people are allowed to stand for these offices.  I'd much rather support a liberal like Herb Kohl who won't be bought than a conservative like McConnell who is available to the highest bidder - and can even switch positions within a week on issues when a better offer comes in. 

These senators and representatives live on sucking up to power and sucking up to donors.  They are almost all scum. 

I'm not sure Singapore is a model for anything we want here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2023, 09:38:38 AM »

At what income level do you become immune from being bought? Cause if theres one thing the wealthy hate,  it's more money
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2023, 09:43:55 AM »

That may be one of the single dumbest ideas I've seen posted on scoop.

Most of the uber wealthy people I know got there one of two ways. Inheriting it (often from a person who was corrupt/corruptable), or by being corrupt/corruptable.

And although I'm not a big fan of McConnell's politics. He was an attorney. He would have been wealthy no matter what he did. He got into politics, because he was inspired by Martin Luther King Jr.

As a side note, most of the comments in this thread are reprehensible. Regardless of whether you agreed with her politics. She is a human being, she had family, and she was successful and inspired a lot of people.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2023, 09:52:56 AM »
That may be one of the single dumbest ideas I've seen posted on scoop.

Most of the uber wealthy people I know got there one of two ways. Inheriting it (often from a person who was corrupt/corruptable), or by being corrupt/corruptable.

The vast majority of truly wealthy people I know earned it. Usually though entrepreneurship.

That being said, it's a terrible idea.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2023, 10:34:40 AM »

Since most of them think things were better in the past, you’d think they want old farts in charge to bring those good old days back
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2023, 10:38:24 AM »
You make truly bad choices of the people you know.

I can honestly say the wealthiest people I know are some of the most ethical and generous people I know.

Yes, there are despicable people who have great wealth and they certainly generate media exposure that could lead people to assume all uber wealthy are bad people. Not very different than believing most police officers are horrible people.