[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Future of Cities 2.0  (Read 3201 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: The Future of Cities 2.0
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 02:30:05 PM »
Yes, you can be too progressive just like you can be too conservative.

I'll take politically split executive and legislative branches. The balance makes for better governance.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 04:01:19 PM »
Yes, you can be too progressive just like you can be too conservative.

I'll take politically split executive and legislative branches. The balance makes for better governance.

The people that are too progressive want everyone to have free healthcare. The people that are too conservative want a white ethnostate.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 04:53:43 PM »
The people that are too progressive want everyone to have free healthcare. The people that are too conservative want a white ethnostate.

🤡

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 05:04:19 PM »

Not The Onion.

CONROE, Texas (KTRK) -- Some Conroe ISD trustees want to crack down on displays of racial inclusivity and pride, saying they represent, "symbols of personal ideologies."
One trustee says a child was traumatized by a poster showing different colored children holding hands and had to switch classrooms.

https://abc13.com/conroe-isd-trustee-melissa-dungan-racial-inclusivity-at-schools-pride-flags/13628737/

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 08:04:41 PM »
Using your measure of people's beliefs you could also say:

People who are too conservative don't want the government to raise children. The people who are too progressive want private property to be disallowed.

Both your statement and mine are true.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2023, 09:01:23 PM »
Using your measure of people's beliefs you could also say:

People who are too conservative don't want the government to raise children. The people who are too progressive want private property to be disallowed.

Both your statement and mine are true.

Obviously, none of what either of you said is true.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2023, 09:34:27 PM »

teal?
don't...don't don't don't don't

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2023, 10:15:32 PM »
Obviously, none of what either of you said is true.
Maybe they are in some people's distorted view of reality. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2023, 10:48:05 PM »
Not The Onion.

CONROE, Texas (KTRK) -- Some Conroe ISD trustees want to crack down on displays of racial inclusivity and pride, saying they represent, "symbols of personal ideologies."
One trustee says a child was traumatized by a poster showing different colored children holding hands and had to switch classrooms.

I think that what the trustee meant to say is that the child’s ignorant parents were traumatized.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2023, 10:10:21 AM »
Maybe they are in some people's distorted view of reality.

Fair

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2023, 06:09:22 PM »
From the WSJ:

Wall Street firms are raising billions to scoop up commercial real estate on the cheap.

They aim to acquire office buildings, apartments and other troubled assets whose values have plummeted as a result of interest rate hikes, sluggish return-to-office rates and other market conditions. Until recently, most sellers haven’t been willing to cut their prices to the levels that buyers are demanding, but that’s changing. Meanwhile, Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway made a fresh bet worth more than $800 million on U.S. homebuilders.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2023, 08:12:51 PM »
From the WSJ:

Wall Street firms are raising billions to scoop up commercial real estate on the cheap.

They aim to acquire office buildings, apartments and other troubled assets whose values have plummeted as a result of interest rate hikes, sluggish return-to-office rates and other market conditions. Until recently, most sellers haven’t been willing to cut their prices to the levels that buyers are demanding, but that’s changing. Meanwhile, Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway made a fresh bet worth more than $800 million on U.S. homebuilders.
Real Estate cycle benefits those who are cash rich when there is market dislocation. 
            ---Al McGuire

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2023, 06:54:20 AM »
From the WSJ:

Will it work out better than the last wave of Wall Street buyers?

August 15, 2023
Blackstone Names Harper BREIT President While Agarwal Goes on Leave
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-08-15/blackstone-names-harper-breit-president-as-agarwal-goes-on-leave

Blackstone Inc.’s $68 billion real estate trust said its president A.J. Agarwal will go on a sabbatical for nine months and Rob Harper will fill that role.

Blackstone built BREIT into a massive player in the real estate industry, but the trust’s growth streak has come under pressure in recent months as investors sought to pull money when rising interest rates prompted a global flight for cash. BREIT has limited withdrawals for nine consecutive months to avoid forced sales, but the redemption queue has been easing recently.

Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Not A Serious Person

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2023, 11:55:47 AM »
From the Wall Street Journal, under the headline, "A Montana town faces a homelessness problem similar to San Francisco and L.A.":

Some 600 people without homes live in the Northern Rockies college town of Missoula, triple the number of a decade ago, many of them in tents in city parks. Missoula has a law against camping in a park but can’t enforce it because of a 2018 ruling by the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which prevents officials from removing anyone camping in a public space in its Western U.S. jurisdiction unless there is a shelter for them to move to. Missoula has less than half the beds that would be necessary to comply with the order, most of which are already being used.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2023, 07:55:22 AM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2023, 08:36:09 AM »
I mean, she wanted to reform the police. Not get rid of them.

And she wanted to get rid of the guns on the streets. Seems she was on the right track.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2023, 08:49:09 AM »
Keep votin' the same way and nothin' changes, aina?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 08:52:44 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2023, 08:51:38 AM »
Keep votin' the same way and you get what you deserve. Kolek her, aina?

I like all cops unless they arrest domestic terrorists
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2023, 09:04:53 AM »
Keep votin' the same way and nothin' changes, aina?

Cities are run by mayors of all types and have the same problems. Cities have had these problems since before the parties and democratic elections even existed.

If you think this is new, you are a poor student of history.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2023, 06:41:00 PM »
And she wanted to get rid of the guns on the streets. Seems she was on the right track.

In her words ... Look at my face in the picture. This is the face of a mother who just had the [expletive] beaten out of her

The old saying is a conservative is a liberal that was mugged.  And now that she has been mugged .... her words again:

"These men knew what they were doing. I have NO DOUBT they have done this before. Yet they are still on OUR STREETS. Killing mothers. Giving babies psychological trauma that a lifetime of therapy cannot erase. With no hesitation and no remorse," Ms. Sathanandan wrote.

"I'm now part of the statistics. I wasn't silent when I fought these men to save my life and my babies, and I won't be silent now. We need to get illegal guns off of our streets, catch these young people who are running wild creating chaos across our city, and HOLD THEM IN CUSTODY AND PROSECUTE THEM," she said.

Look at my face. REMEMBER ME when you are thinking about supporting letting juveniles and young people out of custody to roam our streets instead of HOLDING THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS,"

---

I 100% agree with her. And to do this is easy to figure out. You need cops.

In a post on Facebook at the height of the BLM protests taking place throughout the country, sparked by the death of George Floyd while in police custody, Ms. Sathanandan wrote: "We are going to dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department. Say it with me. DISMANTLE The Minneapolis Police Department.

"MPD has systematically failed the Black Community, they have failed ALL OF US. It's time to build a new infrastructure that works for ALL communities," she wrote. "If you are still disagreeing with that BASIC FACT, I'm not sure what to say to you."

-----

HL Mencken wrote Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

See just got her policies good and hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2023, 06:56:44 PM »

Cops want guns off the street, too
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2023, 08:43:23 PM »

The old saying is a conservative is a liberal that was mugged.  And now that she has been mugged .... her words again:

Your post is an example of "tell me you don't know anything about what reforms they were actually calling for without saying I have no idea what I'm talking about."

feedback