collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Future of Cities 2.0  (Read 3196 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: The Future of Cities 2.0
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2023, 06:05:12 AM »
I mean, she wanted to reform the police. Not get rid of them.

dismantle is the new "reform"??  got it...now a dose of reality

synonyms for dismantle-knock down, disassemble, take apart, tear down, deconstruct

nothing in there about "reform"

synonyms-rehabilitate, improve, make better, ameliorate,

why can't you just say these people are dumb, wrong and destructive.  it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to predict what could go wrong with their ideas of "reforming" the police.  while you guys back these social experiments, many many innocent people died.  she obviously either couldn't afford her own security force or gave them the day off
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2023, 06:09:06 AM »
Cops want guns off the street, too

another 0 for the zero...no they don't...criminals would love to get all the legal guns off the street

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2023, 07:13:07 AM »

dismantle is the new "reform"??  got it...now a dose of reality

synonyms for dismantle-knock down, disassemble, take apart, tear down, deconstruct

nothing in there about "reform"

synonyms-rehabilitate, improve, make better, ameliorate,

why can't you just say these people are dumb, wrong and destructive.  it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to predict what could go wrong with their ideas of "reforming" the police.  while you guys back these social experiments, many many innocent people died.  she obviously either couldn't afford her own security force or gave them the day off

Maybe read beyond the headline dimwit:

“Today the Minneapolis City Council has an emergency hearing to approve a court order outlining immediate changes for MPD and a framework for systematic change.”

I think her language was over the top. But she didn’t want to get rid of the police. Very few ever wanted to go that far.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 07:16:10 AM by The Sultan of Semantics »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2023, 07:43:26 AM »

another 0 for the zero...no they don't...criminals would love to get all the legal guns off the street

Cops love the proliferation of legal and illegal guns on the street.  Makes their job a breeze.  Guess you hate cops, too.  Not surprised.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2023, 07:44:24 AM »

Actually, although they don't use the exact phrase "get guns off streets," the International Association of Chiefs of Police very much wants significant gun-safety legislation to be passed - including a national assault-weapons ban, waiting periods for gun purchases, closing the gun-show loophole, making bump stocks illegal, and a tightening of concealed carry laws.

https://www.theiacp.org/sites/default/files/2019-05/IACP%20Firearms%20Position%20Paper_2018%20(1).pdf

In other words, police want the kind of common-sense gun-safety laws that poll after poll after poll show the vast majority of Americans want.

But Americans can't get the laws Americans want because one of America's political parties is deep in the pockets of the gun lobby.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2023, 12:42:08 PM »

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2023, 12:46:37 PM »
I sure am glad that woman was beaten and robbed.

It is a consequence of the policies she advocated.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2023, 01:00:12 PM »
Actually, although they don't use the exact phrase "get guns off streets," the International Association of Chiefs of Police very much wants significant gun-safety legislation to be passed - including a national assault-weapons ban, waiting periods for gun purchases, closing the gun-show loophole, making bump stocks illegal, and a tightening of concealed carry laws.

https://www.theiacp.org/sites/default/files/2019-05/IACP%20Firearms%20Position%20Paper_2018%20(1).pdf

In other words, police want the kind of common-sense gun-safety laws that poll after poll after poll show the vast majority of Americans want.

But Americans can't get the laws Americans want because one of America's political parties is deep in the pockets of the gun lobby.

I have said it numerous times. Do NOT believe the polls.

A decent percentage of those people will vote for the candidate who wants to put the most guns on the streets. To anyone. Anywhere.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2023, 01:14:08 PM »

No it is not. Are you being intentionally ignorant of what she advocated for?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2023, 01:22:57 PM »

Whatever she advocated for was not enacted.  In fact, the Minneapolis police budget has grown since 2020. So, no,  it was not a consequence of anything she said. 

Beyond that, if course, is the asinine attempt to link her victimization to her political views. Like, what, the Blue Lives Matter crowd never experiences crime?

But glad you guys cheer the beating of a woman because she doesn't share your political views.
Character revealed.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2023, 01:47:26 PM »
Whatever she advocated for was not enacted.  In fact, the Minneapolis police budget has grown since 2020. So, no,  it was not a consequence of anything she said. 

Beyond that, if course, is the asinine attempt to link her victimization to her political views. Like, what, the Blue Lives Matter crowd never experiences crime?

But glad you guys cheer the beating of a woman because she doesn't share your political views.
Character revealed.

Ummm ... it was enacted.

And when you pretend that public safety workers and counselors can take the place of the police, you put people at risk of getting the sh!t beat of them.

In any event, she is now a bloodthirsty conservative... because it happened to her.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2023, 02:11:10 PM »
Did she say she was a conservative, "bloodthirsty" or otherwise? Maybe she did; I don't know. What you posted doesn't say that.

Did she say she was wrong about her foolish call to "dismantle the police"? It would be good if she did.

Do you believe that all Democrats want to "dismantle the police"? If so, do you also believe that all Republicans hate the police because the guy who has co-opted the GOP proclaimed his "love" for the cop-bashing 1/6/21 "terrorists" (Ted Cruz's word)?

Why are you cheering injuries suffered by a fellow human being?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2023, 02:39:50 PM »
Maybe read beyond the headline dimwit:

“Today the Minneapolis City Council has an emergency hearing to approve a court order outlining immediate changes for MPD and a framework for systematic change.”

I think her language was over the top. But she didn’t want to get rid of the police. Very few ever wanted to go that far.

nice slide clyde...btw, i didn't see a "headline dimwit" but you can call her whatever you'd like

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2023, 02:44:52 PM »
Cops love the proliferation of legal and illegal guns on the street.  Makes their job a breeze.  Guess you hate cops, too.  Not surprised.

me hate cops?  if you are confusing me with jockstrap, you are more f'd up than i thought.  i have cops within my family, neighbors, friends, patients...they are municipal soldiers and have my utmost respect

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2023, 03:30:55 PM »
Ummm ... it was enacted. 

Your claim is that she was attacked outside her home as a result of a policy change removing armed police officers from schools?
That's either incredibly disingenuous or incredibly stupid. You choose.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2023, 03:49:03 PM »
  me hate cops?  if you are confusing me with jockstrap, you are more f'd up than i thought.  i have cops within my family, neighbors, friends, patients...they are municipal soldiers and have my utmost respect

They’re not soldiers.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2023, 03:56:21 PM »

Then why do you minimize the horrific assault of police by terrorists (Ted Cruz's word) at the Capitol on 1/6/21?

Why do you support a presidential candidate who considers those vicious, seditious, convicted felons to be "heroes" whom he "loves"?

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2023, 04:07:13 PM »
   nice slide clyde...btw, i didn't see a "headline dimwit" but you can call her whatever you'd like

Wow. That’s a pathetic duck even for you.

Probably should tap out now buddy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2023, 06:30:26 PM »
Wow. That’s a pathetic duck even for you.

Probably should tap out now buddy.

"tap out"?? 

i'm not your buddy...do you even have any?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2023, 06:39:28 PM »
Then why do you minimize the horrific assault of police by terrorists (Ted Cruz's word) at the Capitol on 1/6/21?

Why do you support a presidential candidate who considers those vicious, seditious, convicted felons to be "heroes" whom he "loves"?

when you guys admit to the fact that all of your riots for days on end were as bad if not worse, then maybe we can have a discussion.  the riots were way more costly in terms of money, injuries, deaths than the capital uprising was

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2023, 06:53:03 PM »
  when you guys admit to the fact that all of your riots for days on end were as bad if not worse, then maybe we can have a discussion.  the riots were way more costly in terms of money, injuries, deaths than the capital uprising was

The Capital uprising was treason

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2023, 07:09:35 PM »
The Capital uprising was treason

Pfft. But what about the money?

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2023, 07:32:21 PM »

Riots were bad. 1/6 was worse. Sorry you hate America.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2023, 09:27:42 AM »
September 10, 2023
After students are robbed in weekend crime spree, DePaul acknowledges ‘sad reality’ of Chicago crime
https://cwbchicago.com/2023/09/after-students-are-robbed-in-weekend-crime-spree-depaul-acknowledges-sad-reality-of-chicago-crime.html

After several DePaul University students were targeted in a robbery spree across the school’s Lincoln Park campus, university officials issued a statement on Saturday acknowledging the “sad reality” of criminal activity in Chicago.

“Chicago continues to face ongoing challenges with criminal activity across the city. We must acknowledge this sad reality and respond accordingly,” President Robert L. Manuel wrote.

His message came hours after several of the school’s students fell victim to a robbery crew that swept through campus beginning around 1:15 a.m. Saturday.

Three women, two 20-year-olds and a 19-year-old, were walking in the 2200 block of North Sheffield when three men emerged from an alley. They battered and robbed the victims, taking wallets, phones, and purses, before escaping in a red SUV. An officer at the scene said the suspects were three Black men in their mid-20s. One had facial hair, and another wore an orange winter cap.

At about the same time, two 19-year-old women were robbed in the 900 block of West Fullerton near the Fullerton CTA station.

Yet another woman was robbed as she tried to enter her residence, a DePaul-affiliated apartment complex in the 1200 block of West Fullerton. Officers said a red SUV was involved in that robbery, too.

A fourth holdup was reported in the 1700 block of North Clybourn, but it’s unclear if that victim has any links to DePaul.

----

Robbery crews also targeted DePaul’s campus in the spring.

* A 37-year-old woman was carjacked by two men who implied they had weapons at 11:39 p.m. on May 29, police said. She was getting into her car in the 2300 block of North Halsted, directly in front of DePaul’s School of Music building, when they took her black Volkswagen Jetta.

* Two DePaul students, ages 19 and 20, were robbed at gunpoint in the 1300 block of West Fullerton around 4:15 a.m. on May 29. The men were walking when two offenders exited a black car to rob them. After the holdup, the victims went to University Hall, a DePaul residence hall, and a security officer called 911, identifying them as students.

* A 19-year-old DePaul student was robbed in the 2200 block of North Lincoln around 4:30 p.m. on June 12. He told police that the robber implied that he had a gun and demanded his property, which the victim turned over. Two women were also robbed in the area around the same time.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 10:30:08 AM by Heisenberg v2.0 »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2023, 09:35:44 AM »
Obsessed with Chicago much?

Take a look at national crime stats and then come back when you are ready to discuss where the problems are the worst.