Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Italy Trip  (Read 19378 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: Italy Trip
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2023, 03:02:33 PM »
Grand scheme? No. But it's one more instance of Marquette falling short of what they have done in the past and what their peers are doing currently.

Enlighten me on what else they are falling short of what they have done in the past.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2023, 03:20:09 PM »
Oh it’s whining. And do you really think them not streaming these games is about lack of “effort?”

It's either a unexplained choice or lack of effort.

Take your pick.  They're both poor excuses.

To expand, it takes almost zero effort to tell your fans that the games won't be streams for reason X or Y.  That'd shut most of us up... because there was a reason that was communicated as to why fans are being left out of the experience.  A simple tweet fixes that.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 03:25:24 PM by Hards Alumni »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #202 on: August 11, 2023, 03:28:27 PM »
It's either a unexplained choice or lack of effort.

Take your pick.  They're both poor excuses.

To expand, it takes almost zero effort to tell your fans that the games won't be streams for reason X or Y.  That'd shut most of us up... because there was a reason that was communicated as to why fans are being left out of the experience.  A simple tweet fixes that.

Hards coming with a reasonable thought, amazing! But he’s right. WHY were these games not streamed?  Just tell us*.

*and prepare for the ensuing hellfire!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2023, 03:46:47 PM »
Wads was implying there was a move toward “our way”. Nothing is a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but you’re avoiding the question/topic.

?? What question am I avoiding?

Grand scheme? No. But it's one more instance of Marquette falling short of what they have done in the past and what their peers are doing currently.

What they did in the past is not relevant at all.  As for their peers, each schools made decisions based on what they felt was best for them - and sometimes they can differ from one another.

Regardless, the whole point is you seem to think this is some massive mistake. But in reality its going to have very little impact on fan engagement, either positively or negatively.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2023, 03:48:16 PM »
?? What question am I avoiding?

Why are we not streaming? Why are others?

• All American
« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2023, 03:50:35 PM »
Why are we not streaming? Why are others?

Those are two questions. And the answers are "I have no idea" and "I have no idea."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2023, 03:54:57 PM »
Those are two questions. And the answers are "I have no idea" and "I have no idea."

Ok. Let me put it into one: why are we not streaming, yet others including blue bloods are?

• All American
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2023, 04:04:37 PM »
Ok. Let me put it into one: why are we not streaming, yet others including blue bloods are?

I don't know.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2023, 04:21:41 PM »
So, they have trouble getting fans to show up to buy games. But sure they will show up in droves to watched an afternoon poorly produced streamed game against worse competition in a basic pick up game. Right…..

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2023, 04:46:13 PM »
So, they have trouble getting fans to show up to buy games. But sure they will show up in droves to watched an afternoon poorly produced streamed game against worse competition in a basic pick up game. Right…..

This is… a poor analysis / comparison tbh, my friend

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2023, 05:15:16 PM »

because games in italia no matta.

Also limited upside. No recruit cares about the competition of a european trip. one kinda decent explanation i heard is by not streaming the games coaches dont have to deal with parents of students getting mad about playing time in these games.

but mostly because marketing is lazy

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2023, 05:20:38 PM »
because games in italia no matta.

Also limited upside. No recruit cares about the competition of a european trip. one kinda decent explanation i heard is by not streaming the games coaches dont have to deal with parents of students getting mad about playing time in these games.

but mostly because marketing is lazy

Bizarre

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2023, 05:59:56 PM »
I, for one, am glad they were not streamed. I don't want the competition to get early gametape of the new wrinkles Shaka has installed in the offense. Or gametape on the freshman.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2023, 06:01:41 PM »
The idea that if MU simply explained why they aren’t streaming games then nobody would complain made me laugh.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2023, 06:14:52 PM »
The idea that if MU simply explained why they aren’t streaming games then nobody would complain made me laugh.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2023, 08:25:52 PM »
I am stunned by the massive complaints I see about the lack of game streamings on social media by the fan base. Almost as many people as won the mega millions this week.
Face it, other than a few die hards, no.one.cares.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2023, 08:38:22 PM »
I am stunned by the massive complaints I see about the lack of game streamings on social media by the fan base. Almost as many people as won the mega millions this week.
Face it, other than a few die hards, no.one.cares.

Taste my tears!!!

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2023, 12:57:00 PM »
Summer is far too nice to watch pick-up basketball on your phone.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2023, 06:14:35 PM »
https://247sports.com/college/marquette/article/mu-assistant-coach-deandre-haynes-talks-about-the-team-and-the-italy-trip-215078283/

Dodds interviewed Coach Haynes about the trip and got some good tidbits:

-Buy stock in Ross and Norman
-Sean buying in
-Ben outta the boot but still not cleared.  Looking good in practice
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2023, 10:14:56 PM »
https://247sports.com/college/marquette/article/mu-assistant-coach-deandre-haynes-talks-about-the-team-and-the-italy-trip-215078283/

-Sean buying in

Ben and Stevie owning the volleyball court.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2023, 07:16:51 AM »

-Sean buying in

To me, Ross is the difference between a good season and a national championship contending season. I look at how Jordan Hawkins went from decent role playing freshman to dominant as a sophomore and I could see that being Chase. He may come off the bench, but he has first round NBA draft pick talent.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2023, 09:12:25 AM »
To me, Ross is the difference between a good season and a national championship contending season. I look at how Jordan Hawkins went from decent role playing freshman to dominant as a sophomore and I could see that being Chase. He may come off the bench, but he has first round NBA draft pick talent.

I agree on the first round athleticism but I’m hoping you are right on the first round talent.  We all saw flashes last year.  If that becomes more consistent this year, then you are right, watch out this could be a special year. 

The good news is if Chase goes NBA, I think Zaide is going to be Chase Ross 2.0 or better.  Smooth athleticism and basketball skill.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2023, 02:26:40 PM »
I don't know.

Imma gonna make this my new signature.   Amazing.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2023, 05:22:50 PM »
Imma gonna make this my new signature.   Amazing.

It's truly amazing how many heads Sultan lives rent free in on this site. If Scoop brains were real estate, Sultan would own the Burj Khalifa.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

panda

• All American
« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2023, 07:17:02 PM »
It's truly amazing how many heads Sultan lives rent free in on this site. If Scoop brains were real estate, Sultan would own the Burj Khalifa.

It’s really not when you factor in quantity of posts, amount of opinions and the know it all factor. Frankly I’m surprised it’s not more.

feedback