[Today at 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:28:57 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by Jay Bee
[Today at 03:22:56 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Italy Trip  (Read 20418 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Italy Trip
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2023, 03:38:37 PM »
The fans who wanted to watch their favorite team!
So, no actual damage.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2023, 04:08:53 PM »
So, no actual damage.

Maybe a kid without anything to do on a hot summer night somewhere in America could have turned on a basketball game and had a better night or become motivated or saw how fun it could be to play at Marquette.  I dunno, just spitballing.

If I was in Italy and I was there, I'd be able to stream it on my phone.  I don't need announcers or cut away shots.  Fun is fun!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2023, 04:10:20 PM »
I think the fact that, of the top 1% of all fans (anyone who's posting on MUScoop falls in that category) maybe 10% of them have a problem with this probably shows that it's not much of a missed opportunity.

Run a poll if you're sure its 90/10  :P

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2023, 05:23:07 PM »
Does it boost engagement at minimal cost? Yes. That's all there is to it, there's literally no logical reason for people to be against it, you just wouldn't watch. I mean asking who was hurt? Nobody was hurt by MU not having a fantastic MySpace and Facebook presence before 2011, but they caught up and put out content to boost engagement. Is it obnoxious that Brew's on a crusade against the MU marketing team? Yes, but he has a valid point. 

In marketing, engagement is always a top KPI & good content boosts engagement. Whether they effectively marketed it as " reigning big east champs Marquette faces off against 'xyz' in exhibition match" on Reddit, or twitter/x or wherever is a potential opportune cost no different than not doing it at all but even if it was just a handful of scoopers that followed that's still very likely a worthwhile investment due to how easy streaming is.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 05:31:03 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2023, 05:30:47 PM »
Does it boost engagement at minimal cost? Yes. That's all there is to it, there's literally no logical reason for people to be against it, you just wouldn't watch. Is it obnoxious that Brew's on a crusade against the MU marketing team? Yes, but he has a valid point. 

In marketing, engagement is always a top KPI & good content boosts engagement. Whether they effectively marketed it as " reigning big east champs Marquette faces off against 'xyz' in exhibition match" on Reddit, or twitter/x or wherever is a potential opportune cost no different than not doing it at all but even if it was just a handful of scoopers that followed that's still very likely a worthwhile investment due to how easy streaming is.

If the games were streamed I probably would have tried to watch as I’m psyched for this upcoming season.

But the impact on fan engagement and in general from not streaming is minimal, at best. It’s not going to have any kind of significant impact on what matters to the program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2023, 05:32:47 PM »
If the games were streamed I probably would have tried to watch as I’m psyched for this upcoming season.

But the impact on fan engagement and in general from not streaming is minimal, at best. It’s not going to have any kind of significant impact on what matters to the program.

Then why do they put out any content at all? It's practically zero investment, flip one person to buy a package of tickets and you're in the green.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2023, 08:23:36 PM »
I think the fact that, of the top 1% of all fans (anyone who's posting on MUScoop falls in that category) maybe 10% of them have a problem with this probably shows that it's not much of a missed opportunity.

Yup. And that angry 0.1% will still be following every second of MU basketball.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2023, 11:05:06 PM »
It’s absolutely fine. People need to stop whining.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2023, 11:18:27 PM »
More on topic.

How long are they there for and how many "non streamed" games are they playing? I imagine gotta be 1 or 2 more.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2023, 06:22:19 AM »
It’s absolutely fine. People need to stop whining.

It isn't whining.  It's low effort behavior from a high effort basketball school.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2023, 06:40:12 AM »
It isn't whining.  It's low effort behavior from a high effort basketball school.

Technically, it's whining about perceived low effort behavior from a high effort basketball school.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 07:34:01 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

• All American
« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2023, 07:10:13 AM »

Oh it’s whining. And do you really think them not streaming these games is about lack of “effort?”
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2023, 09:47:47 AM »
They posted upwards of 100 reels / stories / posts of heavily edited, well curated content and people are citing low effort. 

The games are an absolute side show and MU featured them appropriately.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2023, 10:04:24 AM »
Italy trip good for recruiting.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2023, 11:57:24 AM »
Norlander said more teams are choosing not to stream these things or even provide full box scores anymore, unlike they were a few years ago.

But it's just Marquette and their marketing department sucks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American

MuMark

• All American

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2023, 01:29:50 PM »
Norlander said more teams are choosing not to stream these things or even provide full box scores anymore, unlike they were a few years ago.

But it's just Marquette and their marketing department sucks.

As Jay Bee said, where's the evidence of that? UConn, Kansas, Xavier, Illinois, Creighton, and other have streamed games. Maryland is the only other one I'm aware of that hasn't and their fans are not pleased with said shortcoming.

But at least you are starting to acknowledge the University's shortcomings.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

• All American
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2023, 01:55:17 PM »
As Jay Bee said, where's the evidence of that? UConn, Kansas, Xavier, Illinois, Creighton, and other have streamed games. Maryland is the only other one I'm aware of that hasn't and their fans are not pleased with said shortcoming.

But at least you are starting to acknowledge the University's shortcomings.

It really doesn’t matter what the other schools did. It’s no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2023, 02:29:23 PM »
It really doesn’t matter what the other schools did. It’s no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Wads was implying there was a move toward “our way”. Nothing is a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but you’re avoiding the question/topic.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2023, 02:38:52 PM »

Grand scheme? No. But it's one more instance of Marquette falling short of what they have done in the past and what their peers are doing currently.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2023, 02:41:20 PM »
Something tells me Cooper Flagg and Cameron Boozer had a sleepover in anticipation of watching MU today. When they couldn’t find a stream to watch MU win by 40 they ruled MU out.

I hate this.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2023, 02:47:51 PM »
Something tells me Cooper Flagg and Cameron Boozer had a sleepover in anticipation of watching MU today. When they couldn’t find a stream to watch MU win by 40 they ruled MU out.

I hate this.

Zero to do with elite recruits

It’s a bit an an “eff u” to certain* fans

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2023, 02:51:06 PM »
Zero to do with elite recruits

It’s a bit an an “eff u” to certain* fans

Oh no!  Not people who think they're more important than they actually are getting butthurt!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2023, 02:58:40 PM »
Oh no!  Not people who think they're more important than they actually are getting butthurt!

Let’s set aside your homophobic comment, but… it’s not about importance. It’s acknowledging there are those who more deeply care for the program, or at least in a different way, such that you wouldn’t go against the norm and not broadcast games