[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 NFL Offseason and Draft Thread  (Read 88757 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: 2023-24 NFL Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2023, 11:18:45 AM »
Man, this is a wild story. I knew he wasn’t thrilled with his portrayal in the movie, but this is crazy. Michael Oher wasn’t actually adopted, but rather they had him sign conservatorship documents to control his finances. Hopefully Oher can recoup some of the money.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38190720/blind-side-subject-michael-oher-alleges-adoption-was-lie-family-took-all-film-proceeds
Putting  the money aside, which is outrageous . What that family did to Michael was cold. He has every right to be hurt and angry.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2023, 12:33:48 PM »
Putting  the money aside, which is outrageous . What that family did to Michael was cold. He has every right to be hurt and angry.

This whole story is bizarre.  The family is denying these allegations and are saying he knew about the conservatorship a long time ago. 

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2023, 01:22:24 PM »
Definitely on a wait and see with this one.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2023, 02:54:22 PM »
Definitely on a wait and see with this one.

Yes.  Whatever the truth is it's a pretty ugly and sad situation. 

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2023, 03:38:17 PM »
This whole story is bizarre.  The family is denying these allegations and are saying he knew about the conservatorship a long time ago.
NBC News story showed his reference to the conservatorship in his autobiography. Also producers claim the family and Oher received a total of a couple hundred thousand dollars. IF true, then there is not a lot of money to squabble over.

Sad situation whoever is in the wrong.

Even sadder is the cancel cops are demanding Sandra Bullock return her Oscar.  ::)

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2023, 03:57:28 PM »
NBC News story showed his reference to the conservatorship in his autobiography. Also producers claim the family and Oher received a total of a couple hundred thousand dollars. IF true, then there is not a lot of money to squabble over.

Sad situation whoever is in the wrong.

Even sadder is the cancel cops are demanding Sandra Bullock return her Oscar.  ::)

Ya.....I don't think anyone got much for the movie other than the studio and actors.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say none of this is Sandra Bullock's fault.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2023, 08:15:39 PM »
I’m surprised Bagent went undrafted, his poise, command in the pocket, and accuracy are impressive. I don’t think there’s any way the Bears expose him to the practice squad. I’m not building a wing in Canton for him, but he passes the eye test.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2023, 09:07:40 PM »
I’m surprised Bagent went undrafted, his poise, command in the pocket, and accuracy are impressive. I don’t think there’s any way the Bears expose him to the practice squad. I’m not building a wing in Canton for him, but he passes the eye test.

I have to agree.  Gotta assume it’s due to no real historical evidence of successful DII QBs in the NFL?

That being said he looked really good.  I also dont expect him to be starting caliber NFL QB but he’s intriguing, especially given his story.  Takes over the reins and is very successful at WV HS football power, really good grades.  Puts up huge numbers but has no FBS offers.  Goes to a local D2, again, puts up MASSIVE stats.  Regardless of the level, 2040 college attempts and less than 50 INTs is wild.  His 2021 year was 580 attempts, 5000 yards, 53 TDs and only 13 INTs, sheesh.  Then to come in and go 9/10 in your first NFL action, says something about his accuracy and confidence.

I think he’s probably the Bears #2 at this point, though Peterman likely is officially on the depth chart

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2023, 09:23:19 PM »
I have to agree.  Gotta assume it’s due to no real historical evidence of successful DII QBs in the NFL?

That being said he looked really good.  I also dont expect him to be starting caliber NFL QB but he’s intriguing, especially given his story.  Takes over the reins and is very successful at WV HS football power, really good grades.  Puts up huge numbers but has no FBS offers.  Goes to a local D2, again, puts up MASSIVE stats.  Regardless of the level, 2040 college attempts and less than 50 INTs is wild.  His 2021 year was 580 attempts, 5000 yards, 53 TDs and only 13 INTs, sheesh.  Then to come in and go 9/10 in your first NFL action, says something about his accuracy and confidence.

I think he’s probably the Bears #2 at this point, though Peterman likely is officially on the depth chart

Yeah, I agree with all this. I don’t know what Bagent’s ceiling is, and that’s a good thing. He may turn into a competent QB2, and I’d be more than happy with that.

He may end up being a preseason one hit wonder, but it definitely feels like there eventually could be something there with him if he develops.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2023, 10:22:37 PM »
I love Bears preseason hype.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2023, 12:03:30 AM »
I love Bears preseason hype.

God bless ya, wouldn’t be an NFL season without your hot takes here.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2023, 01:33:20 PM »

His hot takes aren’t limited to the NFL/Bears.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2023, 04:10:29 PM »
Who should start?  Tyson Bagent or Fieids?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2023, 04:45:00 PM »
Stevenson High School/Purdue legend Aidan O'Connell is obviously the top rookie QB this year.

@SharpFootball
Among 48 QBs with 20+ preseason dropbacks
no one is throwing it deeper than rookie Aidan O'Connell
11.0 air yards/att (#1)
still has completed 72% of his 30 att for 8.4 YPA
out of 48 QBs he ranks:
#1 in EPA/att
#2 in success %
#1 in first down %
#1 in TD %
#1 in 3rd down %

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2023, 05:03:46 PM »
If you guys like Bagent, you must LOVE Sean Clifford.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2023, 05:37:45 PM »
O’Connell & Clifford were drafted (4th & 5th round). My surprise with Bagent is that he went undrafted, considering his bloodlines, only second D2 player to get a Senior Bowl invitation, and all the records he set.

O’Connell & Clifford are going to be on the 53 man roster come opening day.

I am curious why Cleveland hasn’t played Watson a snap yet, and DTR certainly has shown something. League will certainly be better with competent backup QB’s.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2023, 10:04:45 PM »

Yes. My hot takes. Not the Bears fans who not only have their “dude,” were talking Playoffs after week 3, and then claiming that they were rooting for 0-17 all along and are now claiming they might have something here in an undrafted D2 QB because of a preseason game. Very logical and level headed takes by the Bears fans here, and I have hot takes laughing at the idea of Bagent being an NFL player.

Good stuff meat.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2023, 11:07:35 PM »
Yes. My hot takes. Not the Bears fans who not only have their “dude,” were talking Playoffs after week 3, and then claiming that they were rooting for 0-17 all along and are now claiming they might have something here in an undrafted D2 QB because of a preseason game. Very logical and level headed takes by the Bears fans here, and I have hot takes laughing at the idea of Bagent being an NFL player.

Good stuff meat.

Looking forward to it, see ya around kiddo.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2023, 11:14:52 PM »

Good stuff meat.

Heard JFB rawdogged your grandma again.

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2023, 01:48:02 AM »

Terry Bradshaw, Dan Pastorini, and Jim Zorn are a few that come to mind.  I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2023, 03:23:42 AM »
Terry Bradshaw, Dan Pastorini, and Jim Zorn are a few that come to mind.  I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. 

Neil Lomax.

The fact these are all 40+ years ago is probably relevant though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2023, 05:28:59 AM »
Dave Krieg.   Milton, anyone?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2023, 06:45:00 AM »
Ken Anderson, Augustana - DIII

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2023, 10:18:42 AM »

Good stuff meat.

So instead of any defense of your birdbrained takes, you just prove his point by mocking other people.  Not to mention Bagent has been talked about by football people all over the internet the last few days the same way Dish did, not some reactionary hot take by a meatball homer.

And again, your babbling isn't a take, its you being a douche without any logical standing for your opinions based on lord knows what.

Neil Lomax.

The fact these are all 40+ years ago is probably relevant though.

Yea and guys like Lomax and Bradshaw were FCS QBs in modern terms, more like Joe Flacco or Trey Lance than a true DII these days.  Not only was Bradshaw the first pick overall, looking at his schedule in college, he was playing teams like Miss St, Southern Miss, NMSU, and Bama, in addition to FCS opponents.

Abilene Christian University was last DII I can recall regularly sending guys to the NFL (but not QBs) but they also moved to FCS like other strong former DII programs.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2023, 10:26:32 AM »
So instead of any defense of your birdbrained takes, you just prove his point by mocking other people.  Not to mention Bagent has been talked about by football people all over the internet the last few days the same way Dish did, not some reactionary hot take by a meatball homer.

And again, your babbling isn't a take, its you being a douche without any logical standing for your opinions based on lord knows what.

Yea and guys like Lomax and Bradshaw were FCS QBs in modern terms, more like Joe Flacco or Trey Lance than a true DII these days.  Not only was Bradshaw the first pick overall, looking at his schedule in college, he was playing teams like Miss St, Southern Miss, NMSU, and Bama, in addition to FCS opponents.

Abilene Christian University was last DII I can recall regularly sending guys to the NFL (but not QBs) but they also moved to FCS like other strong former DII programs.

Uh huh.  No logical standing for my opinion, because there are so many former D2 QBs that went undrafted that are immediately the backup QB of their team in the NFL week 1 of their rookie year.  Every bit of information we have goes directly against my thought that we should pump the breaks on calling this guy a productive NFL player based on a single preseason performance.

Not to mention, he's a Bears quarterback.  I forgot they've had so many awesome quarterbacks in their history.

feedback