[Today at 04:47:29 PM]

Big Week for Markus by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:54:58 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by Skatastrophy
[Today at 11:55:47 AM]

Men's Basketball Scholarships Increases to 15 in 2025-26 by bilsu
[Today at 11:52:47 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Aaron Rodgers Post Packers Thread  (Read 39929 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Aaron Rodgers Post Packers Thread
« Reply #625 on: June 12, 2024, 01:37:04 PM »
So is Saleh the prez of the ARod fan club or just a run-of-the-mill fanboy?

On Tuesday, Jets coach Robert Saleh surprised everyone (except Aaron Rodgers) by saying that Rodgers was an “inexcused” absence for the mandatory minicamp. Saleh wasn’t asked about the “very important event” that caused Rodgers to choose something else over a mandatory workday.

Saleh returned to the podium on Wednesday. It took a little while to get to the elephant not in the room. When Saleh was finally asked about Rodgers, he got three questions.

Have you talked to Aaron yesterday or today? “No, I haven’t.”

Tyrod Taylor (who ran the offense in Rodgers’s absence) only found out about the absence yesterday. Why is that? “It’s a one-on-one conversation [with Rodgers], it’s not something the team needed to know about.”

Did Aaron know the team was going to call his absence unexcused? “Aaron and I are on the exact same page.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #626 on: June 12, 2024, 01:43:57 PM »
I think he is just trying to manage a situation that is ridiculous. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #627 on: June 12, 2024, 01:44:37 PM »

He signed up for it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #628 on: June 12, 2024, 01:48:31 PM »
Did Rodgers skip these in Green Bay? I feel like he did in his last year, but was there most of the time in previous years.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #629 on: June 12, 2024, 02:02:50 PM »
Aaron Rodgers is the sole reason he only one 1 Super Bowl in Green Bay.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #630 on: June 12, 2024, 02:29:57 PM »
Yes, you got the phrase right.

Barry Switzer is credited as having said it first, though who really knows if he didn't get it from someone else.

I remember Anne Richards using it against GW Bush back when he was first running for president.  At any rate it doesn't apply to Aaron Rodgers in any sense since in sports you have to earn what you get, so he wasn't "born on 3rd base" in the first place.  You can say that GW Bush was born on third base because he was born into a rich family with important political connections, which would certainly give him a gigantic leg up on his competitors.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

• All American
« Reply #631 on: June 12, 2024, 02:31:57 PM »
Did Rodgers skip these in Green Bay? I feel like he did in his last year, but was there most of the time in previous years.

I don't think he skipped anything mandatory.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #632 on: June 12, 2024, 02:42:45 PM »

Yea, we did this last year during Hard Knocks too.  I think Saleh knows he has no choice but to try and get everything he can out of Rodgers, for better or for worse, and that means having to cheerlead him a bit cause thats what Rodgers craves and a 40 year old QB with that ego isn't changing.

He signed up for it.

He signed up to coach the Jets a couple years before Rodgers ever got there.  Joe Douglas (and probably Woody) is the true Rodgers fan boy and still looks at him with heart eyes.  I don't think Saleh really had much of a say in the matter other than being amenable to bringing in a QB that wasn't Zach Wilson.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #633 on: June 12, 2024, 02:49:10 PM »
No. That’s the phrase, period. What you wrote is nonsensical.

Smoooooooooth brain

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #634 on: June 12, 2024, 02:51:56 PM »
Yea, we did this last year during Hard Knocks too.  I think Saleh knows he has no choice but to try and get everything he can out of Rodgers, for better or for worse, and that means having to cheerlead him a bit cause thats what Rodgers craves and a 40 year old QB with that ego isn't changing.

He signed up to coach the Jets a couple years before Rodgers ever got there.  Joe Douglas (and probably Woody) is the true Rodgers fan boy and still looks at him with heart eyes.  I don't think Saleh really had much of a say in the matter other than being amenable to bringing in a QB that wasn't Zach Wilson.

Every interview he gave sounded like he was jacked to have Aaron Rodgers, so I dunno man. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #635 on: June 12, 2024, 02:53:02 PM »
I remember Anne Richards using it against GW Bush back when he was first running for president.  At any rate it doesn't apply to Aaron Rodgers in any sense since in sports you have to earn what you get, so he wasn't "born on 3rd base" in the first place.  You can say that GW Bush was born on third base because he was born into a rich family with important political connections, which would certainly give him a gigantic leg up on his competitors.

The phrase, or better yet, the phrase I came up with (to show regression, not stagnation) was for rocket. It had nothing to do with rodgers or majority of the thread.

But I guess that's what happens when a smooth brain reply to a post made 2 months ago.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #636 on: June 12, 2024, 02:54:01 PM »

Maybe.
I'd venture to guess that when approached about the possibility of adding Rodgers and all his warts or running it back with Zach Wilson, Saleh happily chose Option A.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #637 on: June 12, 2024, 02:57:57 PM »
Aaron Rodgers is a millennial Brett Favre

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #638 on: June 12, 2024, 03:15:58 PM »
Maybe.
I'd venture to guess that when approached about the possibility of adding Rodgers and all his warts or running it back with Zach Wilson, Saleh happily chose Option A.

That plus Rodgers had a reputation for being eccentric and some of his stripes came out over the whole "my magic water immunized me against covid" nonsense he pulled, but he hadn't really gone full mask off like he has since the trade. The podcast with Aubrey Marcus where he waxes about the universe he saw on his ayuhasca retreat might have been before the trade, but the full IDW heel turn has been after leaving GB.

Saleh probably thought he was getting a weirdo curmudgeon who had a couple years left in the tank. What he got was a lunatic increasingly untethered from reality with an achilles that failed immediately. Who knows what he gets this season. No doubt with the benefit of hindsight, he might not think the same things he thought about acquiring Rodgers now that he did when the trade went through.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #639 on: June 12, 2024, 04:15:39 PM »
That plus Rodgers had a reputation for being eccentric and some of his stripes came out over the whole "my magic water immunized me against covid" nonsense he pulled, but he hadn't really gone full mask off like he has since the trade. The podcast with Aubrey Marcus where he waxes about the universe he saw on his ayuhasca retreat might have been before the trade, but the full IDW heel turn has been after leaving GB.

Saleh probably thought he was getting a weirdo curmudgeon who had a couple years left in the tank. What he got was a lunatic increasingly untethered from reality with an achilles that failed immediately. Who knows what he gets this season. No doubt with the benefit of hindsight, he might not think the same things he thought about acquiring Rodgers now that he did when the trade went through.

To be fair to Rodgers, Russell Wilson’s water cured his concussions

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #640 on: June 12, 2024, 04:49:26 PM »
Reported on WFAN NYC today that it was a pre-planned vacation made while rehabbing and before the mini-camp schedule was released.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #641 on: June 12, 2024, 04:52:43 PM »
Reported on WFAN NYC today that it was a pre-planned vacation made while rehabbing and before the mini-camp schedule was released.

Mhm
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #642 on: June 12, 2024, 05:10:52 PM »

lol.  Cmon…

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #643 on: June 12, 2024, 06:58:35 PM »

correction-he entrusted his legacy with me which is going on 75 years now.  what's your legacy?   

Let me get this straight-- his father was a dentist and gave his business to him?

• All American
« Reply #644 on: June 12, 2024, 07:04:22 PM »

Let me get this straight-- his father was a dentist and gave his business to him?

It was "sold" to him.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

Herman Cain

• All American