[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Saudis and sports  (Read 4077 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Saudis and sports
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2023, 11:27:19 AM »
Trans athletes have been competing forever with no issues, and many organizations have allowed/regulated/whatever you want to call it for years. This is purely political, in my opinion. It certainly isn’t black and white, and I think it would help to discuss the topic with agreed upon terminology. This is a cloudy topic because of the many misunderstandings of terms.

Additionally, we like to assume athletic motivations of trans athletes, we like to assume sexual motivations of trans people. I also sometimes feel like we continue to degrade women and act condescendingly when we say trans women are unfairly advantaged. Just like we can come up with what ifs of a trans woman (who is a woman, I am merely qualifying as such to remain relatively clear in what I’m saying) beating cis women, I have no doubt Simone Biles will beat anyone, for example. Elite athleticism and mentality aren’t determined by birth sex. It has been argued that some genetic qualities might prove to be an advantage (see Michael Phelps), but what if he never swam and was a pianist. His long fingers would be perfect.

I read recently about having a trans group when competing, or maybe having an overall male, female, and trans. I’m not sure how I feel about this yet, but people are trying to create inclusive solutions. I think we have to be mindful of how we discuss the discrimination of trans athletes as to me it is reminiscent of how we treated Black athletes in baseball, gay soldiers, women voters, and on and on. There is scientifically more than two sexes, from the beginning of time there have been multiple genders. This shouldn’t be scary, infuriating, or weaponized, it should be enlightening, evolving, and lead to more compassion not more discrimination.

Have biological females that transition to males been competing in men's sports for a long time?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2023, 11:27:56 AM »
The issue is that it’s not fair.

Define fairness in the context of sports.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2023, 11:29:56 AM »
Have biological females that transition to males been competing in men's sports for a long time?

Yes.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2023, 11:30:14 AM »

Mainly in East Germany.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2023, 11:30:26 AM »

Of course

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2023, 11:31:01 AM »

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2023, 11:34:20 AM »
Source?

It is incredibly easy to find.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2023, 11:34:54 AM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2023, 11:35:59 AM »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2023, 11:40:11 AM »
Trans athletes have been competing forever with no issues, and many organizations have allowed/regulated/whatever you want to call it for years. This is purely political, in my opinion. It certainly isn’t black and white, and I think it would help to discuss the topic with agreed upon terminology. This is a cloudy topic because of the many misunderstandings of terms.

Additionally, we like to assume athletic motivations of trans athletes, we like to assume sexual motivations of trans people. I also sometimes feel like we continue to degrade women and act condescendingly when we say trans women are unfairly advantaged. Just like we can come up with what ifs of a trans woman (who is a woman, I am merely qualifying as such to remain relatively clear in what I’m saying) beating cis women, I have no doubt Simone Biles will beat anyone, for example. Elite athleticism and mentality aren’t determined by birth sex. It has been argued that some genetic qualities might prove to be an advantage (see Michael Phelps), but what if he never swam and was a pianist. His long fingers would be perfect.

I read recently about having a trans group when competing, or maybe having an overall male, female, and trans. I’m not sure how I feel about this yet, but people are trying to create inclusive solutions. I think we have to be mindful of how we discuss the discrimination of trans athletes as to me it is reminiscent of how we treated Black athletes in baseball, gay soldiers, women voters, and on and on. There is scientifically more than two sexes, from the beginning of time there have been multiple genders. This shouldn’t be scary, infuriating, or weaponized, it should be enlightening, evolving, and lead to more compassion not more discrimination.

This is what we’ve come to, the most radical leftist thinking now accepted as being grounded in science! All in the name to virtue signal how much more compassionate you believe you are than anyone who doesn’t believe this nonsense. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 10:48:36 PM by HutchwasClutch »

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2023, 11:42:01 AM »
dO YoUR oWn rESearCh

Yeah, I don’t know about that, and maybe I shouldn’t have said it’s incredibly easy to find and provided a link or two. Perhaps I wasn’t being fair to Ziggy and should have just provided a list. I have to believe he was just asking for info, nothing more.

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2023, 11:45:31 AM »
🤡

This is what we’ve come to, the most radical leftist thinking now accepted as being grounded in science! All in the name to virtue signal how much more compassionate you believe you are than anyone who doesn’t believe this nonsense. 

“Virtue signaling” 😂😂😂

Anyway…

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sex-redefined-the-idea-of-2-sexes-is-overly-simplistic1/
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2023, 11:47:13 AM »
🤡

Interesting response. I was candidly trying to take a different approach to a discussion. I’m neither radical nor leftist, but I can see how current political framework would make someone put another on an ever changing, nonsensical spectrum.

I’ve grown up and my teenage boys have grown up with people who are trans, so perhaps (and perhaps not) we have a different frame of reference. Not saying better or worse, just different. As I said, it’s not black and white, but it should be a compassionate discussion not a political one. And honestly, perhaps I would have an entirely different thought if I had two teenage daughters, I don’t know. Perhaps my friends with teenage daughters would refer to me as a clown, too. Perhaps I’m wrong about how I think about the trans topic.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2023, 11:48:27 AM »

“Virtue signaling” 😂😂😂

Anyway…

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sex-redefined-the-idea-of-2-sexes-is-overly-simplistic1/

Social engineering invented by leftists.  That’s all this crap is. 

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2023, 11:53:05 AM »
Social engineering invented by leftists.  That’s all this crap is. 

“Science doesn’t agree with my worldview shaped by politics, so I’m going to dismiss it by labelling it something I don’t like because that’s what simple people do.”

Anyway you should read it. It’s not “social engineering.” It’s based on genetic research and analysis.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2023, 11:53:12 AM »
🤡

I will add, I saw an interesting photo from a friend I would put on your spectrum as right wing radical homophobe that was something like several trans women (women) and referring to getting their periods. Gotta be honest, when I saw it my first reaction was what?! That’s ridiculous?! That’s an insult to biological women who have to manage their periods?!

Then, I went and read some things. What I found was that trans women in fact do exhibit symptoms of a period. Do they bleed, of course not. Do they have some other emotional or psychosomatic symptoms associated with a period, yeah, they do. So, now I have a slightly different perspective, and now I know to ask what someone means by the terminology they use. It’s not virtue signaling, I actually don’t quite know what that means but I’ll look it up, but it might be a way to have constructive dialog. But, who am I to say.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2023, 12:09:30 PM »
Oh good God (for you who believe it God).

Brother MU starts a discussion about the Saudis investing in golf and the possibility of "sportswashing."

Sister Chick makes a generic and quite legitimate point about women's athletics, for those of you who are fearful of seedy investment in sports.

The debate then degenerates into a discussion of the transgendered, who amount to about 0.46 percent of the US population.

I know this is Scoop and all, but this is lame even for Scoop.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2023, 12:11:50 PM »

Brother MU starts a discussion about the Saudis investing in golf and the possibility of "sportswashing."

Sister Chick makes a generic and quite legitimate point about women's athletics, for those of you who are fearful of seedy investment in sports.

The debate then degenerates into a discussion of the transgendered, who amount to about 0.46 percent of the US population.

Fair point brother dgies.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2023, 12:13:01 PM »

Fair

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2023, 12:21:31 PM »
How many y'all who have teenage daughters are ok with a teenage dude, who says he's trangenderin' and has his junk,  showerin' with your daughter, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2023, 12:21:57 PM »
“Science doesn’t agree with my worldview shaped by politics, so I’m going to dismiss it by labelling it something I don’t like because that’s what simple people do.”

Anyway you should read it. It’s not “social engineering.” It’s based on genetic research and analysis.

What's next, are we going to start boycotting sports like the Dodgers who support pride month?

Nevermind .....

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2023, 12:28:27 PM »
How many y'all who have teenage daughters are ok with a teenage dude, who says he's trangenderin' and has his junk,  showerin' with your daughter, hey?

You've never met my daughter. Some dude -- any dude -- crawled in the shower with her in high school and she'd break 'em off with her bare hands. And then hold them up in front of the guy at eye level and say, "missing anything?"

Now back to the Saudis.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 12:30:27 PM by dgies9156 »

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2023, 12:28:51 PM »

Perhaps another first question or two might be do we want teenagers showering together? Are there other considerations to making groups of showering teenagers in a public place more private for everyone?

To answer your question, not super comfortable with it, and I’d rather consider all the kids.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2023, 12:34:26 PM »

Do high schools kids actually shower together these days? Doesn't happen at my kids' school. Didn't happen in my high school either.
I don't think any kids should be showering together. If you want to provide showers, build individual stalls and let kids decide if they want to use them or not.
Regardless, what does this have to do with transgender athletes competing within their chosen gender?