collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Did the the LA Dodgers Overstep?  (Read 3118 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Did the the LA Dodgers Overstep?
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2023, 07:28:01 PM »
Oh, Ziggy.  I know you loved The Twelth Night.

Plus, you are acknowledging men performed in drag 500 years ago.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 07:33:32 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2023, 07:32:44 PM »
Oh, Ziggy.  I know you loved The Twelth Night.

I prefer baseball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2023, 07:34:26 PM »
So do I.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2023, 07:47:38 PM »
  you can block certain content

you don't know where the sexualization of kids is coming from?  i hope to God you don't have young children/grandchildren.  can't we allow kids to be kids...at least thru 6th grade?

Shhh.
The grown ups are talking.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2023, 08:16:21 PM »
Shhh.
The grown ups are talking.

The kid/cousin table is a lot more fun.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2023, 08:28:39 PM »
The kid/cousin table is a lot more fun.

Not even the kids think that.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2023, 07:08:43 AM »
Not even the kids think that.

Your family must be a blast, just like you.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2023, 08:57:57 AM »
Your family must be a blast, just like you.

Clown emoji    Clown emoji
Pig emoji     Pig emoji

/High-five self for stellar display of wit
/Gaze lustfully at own crotch

Did I do that right, Ziggy?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2023, 09:11:07 AM »
Clown emoji    Clown emoji
Pig emoji     Pig emoji

/High-five self for stellar display of wit
/Gaze lustfully at own crotch

Did I do that right, Ziggy?

I'm sure that i would actually get along well with most of the people that I fight with on here in real-life if we sat down for beers and shot the chit.

I am 100% sure you wouldn't be on that list.    Your life must be miserable.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2023, 09:19:02 AM »
I'm sure that i would actually get along well with most of the people that I fight with on here in real-life if we sat down for beers and shot the chit.

I am 100% sure you wouldn't be on that list.    Your life must be miserable.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2023, 09:21:24 AM »

If you bring Julianne Hough Ziggy might want to hang out with you.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2023, 09:28:25 AM »
If you bring Julianne Hough Ziggy might want to hang out with you.

That's not enough.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2023, 10:46:20 AM »

But again, I'm not sure how that angle really plays.  To me and for my young son, seeing my friend Jason and his husband Colin from college as just normal, everyday people or parents like a heterosexual is far more normalizing than Coco Thundertits or SlayQueen Sandy at the library reading a book.  Again, I don't think drag queens are inherently problematic or scary, but I'm not sure how an outlandish caricature would make kids more accepting of gay people more than a man dressed as a Zulu Warrior would make kids normalizing and accepting of everyday African Americans in their community.

It's fun or a way of life for people, and there are larger problems to worry about.  Everyday African Americans don't dress up in Zulu Warrior garb and read to kids, but if they did... why not.  But drag for a lot of people is their way of life and an expression of who they are.  I don't see it as problematic at all.

Seems an awful lot like whataboutism my friend  8-)  But to the point, Toddlers and Tiaras is weird as hell.  But child beauty pageants aren't really a common topic these days.  I wasn't old enough at the time, but I'm pretty sure circa JonBenet, there was plenty of "this is kind of weird" in regards to all the pictures of her that came out.

If people are putting their kids in beauty pageants and crying foul about drag storytime.  Than they are absolutely loser hypocrites.  But its ok to think both are a bit odd.

I was making a point that there are much 'worse' societal issues than drag queen readalongs, but drag queen readalongs are the 'outrage de jour'... but I think we all know why they are.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2023, 10:51:59 AM »
  you can block certain content

you don't know where the sexualization of kids is coming from?  i hope to God you don't have young children/grandchildren.  can't we allow kids to be kids...at least thru 6th grade?

Why start now?  Your generation certainly had no qualms about child predation in their music, film, etc.

Please don't look into the backgrounds of some of your favorite rock and roll gods.  Certainly, Steven Tyler, Jimmy Page, and David Bowie were all stand up citizens!  Not to mention Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Pressley, or Chuck Berry!  Don't do any reading into those old guys! 

This is all a new thing brought to you by the current generation!  ::)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2023, 11:34:27 AM »
Why start now?  Your generation certainly had no qualms about child predation in their music, film, etc.

Please don't look into the backgrounds of some of your favorite rock and roll gods.  Certainly, Steven Tyler, Jimmy Page, and David Bowie were all stand up citizens!  Not to mention Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Pressley, or Chuck Berry!  Don't do any reading into those old guys! 

This is all a new thing brought to you by the current generation!  ::)
You forgot The Nuge
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2023, 11:45:53 AM »
You forgot The Nuge

He may have wrote these lyrics back in 1981:

"Well I don't care if you're just thirteen
You look too good to be true
I just know that you're probably clean
There's one lil' thing I got do to you"

But at least he knows true "cultural deprivation" when he sees it

https://www.billboard.com/culture/pride/ted-nugent-blasts-bud-light-trans-inclusive-campaign-1235301005/
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2023, 12:29:36 PM »

He may have wrote these lyrics back in 1981:

"Well I don't care if you're just thirteen
You look too good to be true
I just know that you're probably clean
There's one lil' thing I got do to you"

But at least he knows true "cultural deprivation" when he sees it

https://www.billboard.com/culture/pride/ted-nugent-blasts-bud-light-trans-inclusive-campaign-1235301005/

#LastDays #werein1981
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2023, 02:24:55 PM »
It's fun or a way of life for people, and there are larger problems to worry about.  Everyday African Americans don't dress up in Zulu Warrior garb and read to kids, but if they did... why not. But drag for a lot of people is their way of life and an expression of who they are.  I don't see it as problematic at all.

I was making a point that there are much 'worse' societal issues than drag queen readalongs, but drag queen readalongs are the 'outrage de jour'... but I think we all know why they are.

This group of Drag Queens mock the eucharist, mock Christ's quotations and the Catholic faith and traditions. They are free to do that, but do the Dodgers have to honor and celebrate them? Have the Dodgers honored and celebrated any other group that satirizes any other religion? The problem is not Drag Queens, but it is the Dodgers celebrating this particular group of Drag Queens.

The Dodgers issued this statement:

"After much thoughtful feedback from our diverse communities, honest conversations within the Los Angeles Dodgers organization and generous discussions with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, the Los Angeles Dodgers would like to offer our sincerest apologies to the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, members of the LGBTQ+ community and their friends and families.

We have asked the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence to take their place on the field at our 10th annual LGBTQ+ Pride Night on June 16th. We are pleased to share that they have agreed to receive the gratitude of our collective communities for the lifesaving work that they have done tirelessly for decades.

In the weeks ahead, we will continue to work with our LGBTQ+ partners to better educate ourselves, find ways to strengthen the ties that bind and use our platform to support all of our fans who make up the diversity of the Dodgers family" .

Did the Dodgers reach out and have an honest conversation with the Catholic community which I assume is part of the diverse Dodger family? I expect not.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2023, 02:27:43 PM »
No, the Dodgers don't have to honor and celebrate them. But they are choosing to do so. Which is their right.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2023, 02:30:27 PM »
This group of Drag Queens mock the eucharist, mock Christ's quotations and the Catholic faith and traditions. They are free to do that, but do the Dodgers have to honor and celebrate them? Have the Dodgers honored and celebrated any other group that satirizes any other religion? The problem is not Drag Queens, but it is the Dodgers celebrating this particular group of Drag Queens.

The Dodgers issued this statement:

"After much thoughtful feedback from our diverse communities, honest conversations within the Los Angeles Dodgers organization and generous discussions with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, the Los Angeles Dodgers would like to offer our sincerest apologies to the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, members of the LGBTQ+ community and their friends and families.

We have asked the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence to take their place on the field at our 10th annual LGBTQ+ Pride Night on June 16th. We are pleased to share that they have agreed to receive the gratitude of our collective communities for the lifesaving work that they have done tirelessly for decades.

In the weeks ahead, we will continue to work with our LGBTQ+ partners to better educate ourselves, find ways to strengthen the ties that bind and use our platform to support all of our fans who make up the diversity of the Dodgers family" .

Did the Dodgers reach out and have an honest conversation with the Catholic community which I assume is part of the diverse Dodger family? I expect not.

The Catholic Church has been mocking the Eucharist, Christ’s word, faith and tradition for years.  Why can’t others?

“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2023, 02:57:37 PM »
The Dodgers will burn in eternal hellfire.

Next month I hear they’re considering “Felonious Families Night” where the plights of families who have multiple members with felony convictions are celebrated and apologized to.

What would Oral Hershiser say?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2023, 03:07:51 PM »

Next month I hear they’re considering “Felonious Families Night” where the plights of families who have multiple members with felony convictions are celebrated and apologized to.

So, they’re having a night for Catholics?  That’s good.

Oral?  #Lies #FakeNews

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2023, 03:15:10 PM »
Why is this bigger news then the systemic rape of boys in the catholic church?
Seriously, what rock have you been living under the past 20 years?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2023, 03:22:51 PM »

What manor of player is Oral?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2023, 03:29:08 PM »
Why is this bigger news then the systemic rape of boys in the catholic church?

Playing the victim is easy.
Caring for the victim is hard.

More seriously - and it's something I struggle with as a not-entirely-lapsed Catholic - contemplating the sex abuse scandal forces us to ask ourselves very difficult questions about whether or how  our participation in the Catholic Church contributed - indirectly, of course - to the problem.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 03:37:10 PM by Pakuni »