2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tucker  (Read 18023 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Tucker
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2023, 10:13:01 AM »
Isnt that the "Main Stream Media" everyone is always yelling about?

Cmon....it's "Lame Stream Media." Try to keep up.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2023, 10:13:31 AM »
It’s really unfair women can file for divorce in this country but that’s the woke mob for you

Don't worry, Texas is going to fix this.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/stephen-crowder-divorce-1234727777/

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2023, 10:17:35 AM »
Isnt that the "Main Stream Media" everyone is always yelling about?

Well I assume that's what Fox News calls it.  We barely have an actual news media anymore.  Although it was refreshing that both the WSJ and NYT wrote in depth about the child migrant/sex slave crisis which has been totally disregarded by our administration. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2023, 10:18:54 AM »
Are there any Democrats in the TV or print media that manipulate the minds of the average American or is it just Tucker Carlson and Fox News?

When in doubt, set up whataboutism and false equivalence. But sure, I'll play ...

I can't think of as any lefty media folks who are as anti-democracy, proudly dishonest and outwardly racist as Carlson, especially on a forum as large as Fox News. Can you, Muggs?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2023, 10:28:57 AM »
Don't worry, Texas is going to fix this.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/stephen-crowder-divorce-1234727777/

Here is my shocked face.  In my lifetime, will I see a movement towards not allowing women the right to vote?

Magic-8 ball says “yes”
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2023, 10:30:40 AM »
When in doubt, set up whataboutism and false equivalence. But sure, I'll play ...

I can't think of as any lefty media folks who are as anti-democracy, proudly dishonest and outwardly racist as Carlson, especially on a forum as large as Fox News. Can you, Muggs?

That's not tbe point.  I think he's an asshat, so what?   There are racists in democracies and prejudice of all kinds.  Do you think neo-nazi skinheads should have been allowed to march in Skokie?  Do you think social media companies that ban certain stories or accounts for example about the Covid Lab leak theory are being democratic? 

I believe we have to be allowed to hear all points of view, regardless of how awful they may be.  I will also add that when Tucker Carson says asinine things he may influence more people than you think to turn against his opinions. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2023, 10:36:03 AM »
Let me just add this MU82:  I used to watch a few FoxNews programs.  In particular I liked Krauthammer on the early evening show with Bret Baer.  On occasion I watched their prime-time lineup back then but was so disgusted with Hannity in particular that I will not watch anything in the evening.  That said the drivel on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc is unwatchable as well and an embarrassment. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2023, 10:37:07 AM »
That's not tbe point.  I think he's an asshat, so what?   There are racists in democracies and prejudice of all kinds.  Do you think neo-nazi skinheads should have been allowed to march in Skokie?  Do you think social media companies that ban certain stories or accounts for example about the Covid Lab leak theory are being democratic? 

I believe we have to be allowed to hear all points of view, regardless of how awful they may be.  I will also add that when Tucker Carson says asinine things he may influence more people than you think to turn against his opinions.

Gotta admit, I didn't come to Scoop this morning expecting to find a "Racists should be given a massive platform" post, and yet here we are.
I'm sure you're well intentioned, Muggs, but this is awful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2023, 10:40:00 AM »

What if these "points" are obviously factually incorrect, defamatory, and leads people to cause additional harm?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2023, 10:48:41 AM »
Let me just add this MU82:  I used to watch a few FoxNews programs.  In particular I liked Krauthammer on the early evening show with Bret Baer.  On occasion I watched their prime-time lineup back then but was so disgusted with Hannity in particular that I will not watch anything in the evening.  That said the drivel on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc is unwatchable as well and an embarrassment.

If you don't watch them, how do you know they are "unwatchable" and "an embarrassment"?

FWIW, I watch little to no news channels. I see plenty of clips, and if I desire more information I seek it out. I do subscribe to the NYT, WSJ, WaPo, the Charlotte newspaper and The Athletic.

I disagree that anti-democratic, knowingly dishonest, racist asshats "deserve" multi-million-viewer forums, but I also strongly believe in the First Amendment and so I defend their right to spew their venom. I like knowing who the white supremacists, liars and traitors are, and I believe them when they confess to it on air, at rallies, in text messages, etc. I also believe they should be held accountable when their known lies cause harm to others, as just happened to Fox News and Carlson.

And yes, that includes the neo-Nazis who marched on Skokie and, more recently, the very fine people who marched with torches in Charlottesville while chanting "Jews will not replace us!"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #210 on: May 03, 2023, 10:56:44 AM »
If you don't watch them, how do you know they are "unwatchable" and "an embarrassment"?

FWIW, I watch little to no news channels. I see plenty of clips, and if I desire more information I seek it out. I do subscribe to the NYT, WSJ, WaPo, the Charlotte newspaper and The Athletic.

I disagree that anti-democratic, knowingly dishonest, racist asshats "deserve" multi-million-viewer forums, but I also strongly believe in the First Amendment and so I defend their right to spew their venom. I like knowing who the white supremacists, liars and traitors are, and I believe them when they confess to it on air, at rallies, in text messages, etc. I also believe they should be held accountable when their known lies cause harm to others, as just happened to Fox News and Carlson.

And yes, that includes the neo-Nazis who marched on Skokie and, more recently, the very fine people who marched with torches in Charlottesville while chanting "Jews will not replace us!"

Again, you're missing the point.  Did I say they were "fine people"?  Have there been groups outside of white nationalists or racists that have done horrible things in this country?  Should certain churches  who teach hate have that platform?  Those that teach antisemitism?  Do you think there might be professors that teach dreadful ideas and to hate our country?  Tucker Carlson isn't the only scumbag with a platform. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #211 on: May 03, 2023, 10:58:20 AM »
Again, you're missing the point.  Did I say they were "fine people"?  Have there been groups outside of white nationalists or racists that have done horrible things in this country?  Should certain churches  who teach hate have that platform?  Those that teach antisemitism?  Do you think there might be professors that teach dreadful ideas and to hate our country?  Tucker Carlson isn't the only scumbag with a platform.

Nads just repeats the same talking points that he just makes up out of thin air but sounds just like what the lefty talking head say each night.

It's a fetish for him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2023, 11:06:09 AM »

Sure, there are other scumbags with platforms, but few with a platform as large as Carlson had who were white supremacists. Plus, Carlson happens to be in the news now because his white supremacism and lies played a part in costing his employer hundreds of millions of dollars, so he is being discussed more. Just as Lemon was discussed when he got canned. Maybe it'll be Hannity's turn or Wolf Blitzer's turn or Rachel Maddow's turn next ... but if it is, it won't make Carlson any less of a dangerous white supremacist.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2023, 11:23:59 AM »
Yes, this shocking news just in: Tucker Carlson is a racist scumbag who was cheering for "an Antifa kid" to get murdered by three white terrorists on 1/6/21.

I mean, who could have known?

Of course, Fox knew ... and not only did they keep paying him gobs of money but they actually let him make that fraud of a Jan. 6 "investigative report" that depicted 1/6/21 as tourists having a lovely day at the Capitol. Duplicitous dirtbags.

Again, Murdoch has been very upfront about it being all about the $. Stirring constant outrage has been an extraordinarily profitable business model for him from his very first days. As long as Tuckems or anyone else is generating profit for him he doesn't care what they say...until the moment those people start costing him more $ in the form of lawsuits than they are bringing in.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2023, 11:29:59 AM »
I think the argument that was made is that while he drew 3 - 4 million viewers a night, it was the clip industrial complex that reached more people.  A lot of people won't admit that they sat down and watched an hour of Tucker Carlson each night, but I can promise you they saw clips of him shared on facebook, twitter, tiktok, etc.

Do not underestimate the power that a short well edited clip can have on the average American.  Especially if you see those type of clips every day.  That is the true influence.  Two minutes before bed?  While on break at work?  On the chitter?  That is when people consume social media... and the algorithms learn tendencies and push people into boxes and feed them content to keep their eyes and minds.

As you mentioned (I did as well) Ben Shapiro (and to lesser degrees, others) do this extremely well.

And people tend to talk about bad news far more often than good, at about a 10:1 ratio. So when you have someone like TC that trafficks in conspiracy theories and bad news, the 3-4 million that watch talk to people. They push those lies to their families, their friends, their co-workers, etc.

And I don't "need him to be a bogeyman." What a stupid statement. It's the simple reality that constant lies from Tucker over the course of the past 8 years have shifted the Overton window on what is acceptable to say and believe. What starts with him spewing made-up nonsense makes it okay for "alternative facts" and a president that lies to the American people for 4 straight years, including in the middle of a pandemic when thousands of Americans are dying every day.

He helped make facts subjective and sewed division and hate. In doing so, those narratives were woven into the overall media and public discourse. Just look at the Dominion lawsuit, Tucker and others at his network were openly talking about how they needed to perpetuate election lies because they were losing market share to NewsMax and OAN when they told the truth.

That's not him being a bogeyman, that's reading the texts of Carlson and other FNC employees as they acknowledged reality.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2023, 12:26:31 PM »
Here is my shocked face.  In my lifetime, will I see a movement towards not allowing women the right to vote?

Magic-8 ball says “yes”
There is a movement to make it harder for college aged women to vote.     College age  men, too.  Not actually sexist.   Ageist.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2023, 12:36:09 PM »
There is a movement to make it harder for college aged women to vote.     College age  men, too.  Not actually sexist.   Ageist.

It is ageist, I suppose, but that's not the aim. Those proposing these laws simply are trying to keep the right to vote unavailable for those who reliably vote for Democrats. Crafting every law imaginable to make it impossible or difficult for Democrats to vote has been part of the GOP playbook for decades.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2023, 12:45:47 PM »

It's not because of their age.
It's the same reason legislators elsewhere want to make it harder to vote for people living in certain communities.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2023, 12:49:16 PM »
Would like to see  a package deal : the Military Draft eliminated and Voting Age moved to 25.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2023, 12:51:52 PM »

Much smaller forum since she doesn't pull in great ratings, but Joy Reid is as anti-democracy, proudly dishonest and outwardly racist as anyone out there. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2023, 01:11:01 PM »
Would like to see  a package deal : the Military Draft eliminated and Voting Age moved to 25.

Modern conservatism.
24 is too young to vote.
12 is not too young to get married and have children.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2023, 01:12:40 PM »
Much smaller forum since she doesn't pull in great ratings, but Joy Reid is as anti-democracy, proudly dishonest and outwardly racist as anyone out there.

Never watched her, so citations needed.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2023, 01:16:10 PM »
Never watched her, so citations needed.

I think it’s a he
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2023, 01:18:06 PM »

Taxation without representation?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2023, 01:20:45 PM »
It’s really unfair women can file for divorce in this country but that’s the woke mob for you

Put ‘em in beekeeper suits and take away their rights.