2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tucker  (Read 18017 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Tucker
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2023, 09:15:45 PM »
To the question of do they influence voters, the answer is 100% yes and it's far more than 1-2%. What people like Carlson do is move the Overton window and start conversations that carry on elsewhere. Lies like the Great Replacement Theory, open borders, voter fraud, the faux 1/6 documentary, and so many others start to gain traction on his show and spread to other sources of media and voters that don't watch Fox directly, but talk to or watch people who do. I have zero doubt there are people here on Scoop that believe these lies whether they watched Carlson's show or not.

I would say the number is at minimum 15-20% of the electorate that takes his brand of lying as gospel, whether they hear it from him or elsewhere, and it influences far more than that as it spreads.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2023, 09:23:21 PM »
To the question of do they influence voters, the answer is 100% yes and it's far more than 1-2%. What people like Carlson do is move the Overton window and start conversations that carry on elsewhere. Lies like the Great Replacement Theory, open borders, voter fraud, the faux 1/6 documentary, and so many others start to gain traction on his show and spread to other sources of media and voters that don't watch Fox directly, but talk to or watch people who do. I have zero doubt there are people here on Scoop that believe these lies whether they watched Carlson's show or not.

I would say the number is at minimum 15-20% of the electorate that takes his brand of lying as gospel, whether they hear it from him or elsewhere, and it influences far more than that as it spreads.

Heisy says you're wrong

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2023, 09:23:57 PM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2023, 09:42:09 PM »

There's a difference between saying "his brand of lying as gospel" and saying one individual affects X% of the electorate, brew, but your point is well taken. As a group, these lying, racist, extreme, hate-filled conspiracy theorists are indeed a threat to our democracy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2023, 09:48:13 PM »
There's a difference between saying "his brand of lying as gospel" and saying one individual affects X% of the electorate, brew, but your point is well taken. As a group, these lying, racist, extreme, hate-filled conspiracy theorists are indeed a threat to our democracy.

But what they believe is in very large part because he spent 8 years mainstreaming those thoughts and turning them into gospel. I don't think it's a coincidence that his rise began right after the 2016 election, and how easily lies went from anathema to accepted.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2023, 09:52:09 PM »
But what they believe is in very large part because he spent 8 years mainstreaming those thoughts and turning them into gospel. I don't think it's a coincidence that his rise began right after the 2016 election, and how easily lies went from anathema to accepted.

Fair.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2023, 06:12:06 AM »
   The ones embracing fascism are the 29% who think Brandon is doing a good job and are ok with  weaponizing gubmint departments.

"I'm an independent"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2023, 07:34:56 AM »
From the NYT DealBook:

Viewership for the conservative network Newsmax has surged this week after Carlson was fired from Fox News. Newsmax’s 8 p.m. show, which competed against “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” drew 562,000 viewers on Tuesday; it reported 146,000 last week.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2023, 08:43:44 AM »
"I'm an independent"

I think "independent" is a misnomer. Most of us are unaffiliated in that we are not declared Democrats or Republicans but politically we lean and vote more often for one of those parties than the other.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2023, 08:53:07 AM »
I think "independent" is a misnomer. Most of us are unaffiliated in that we are not declared Democrats or Republicans but politically we lean and vote more often for one of those parties than the other.

Aren't you from Wisconsin? There is no such thing as declared or party registration in Wisconsin. In any case, that's the thinest pretense to claim "independence" imaginable.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2023, 09:28:19 AM »

Not being registered with a party is very different from being an independent.   It's a silly distinction.

Aren't you from Wisconsin? There is no such thing as declared or party registration in Wisconsin. In any case, that's the thinest pretense to claim "independence" imaginable.

No, I'm pretty sure he is out East.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2023, 09:39:43 AM »
No, I'm pretty sure he is out East.

My bad. All the fear of the city of Milwaukee must have had me mistaken.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2023, 01:12:09 PM »
I wonder if Tucker knows what the last country outside of the US he’s been to is..
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2023, 01:28:41 PM »
Rough week for right-wing media figures.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2023, 02:06:54 PM »
Rough week for right-wing media figures.

It’s really unfair women can file for divorce in this country but that’s the woke mob for you
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2023, 02:11:10 PM »
It’s really unfair women can file for divorce in this country but that’s the woke mob for you

Seeing the ring video cam of this one might be the perfect moment to deploy the Fry Shocked Not Shocked Gif.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2023, 06:19:50 AM »
Fox appears to be trying to make TC toxic.   Also trying to head off TC's wrongful termination lawsuit.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2023, 06:36:43 AM »
Fox appears to be trying to make TC toxic.   Also trying to head off TC's wrongful termination lawsuit.

Yes, this shocking news just in: Tucker Carlson is a racist scumbag who was cheering for "an Antifa kid" to get murdered by three white terrorists on 1/6/21.

I mean, who could have known?

Of course, Fox knew ... and not only did they keep paying him gobs of money but they actually let him make that fraud of a Jan. 6 "investigative report" that depicted 1/6/21 as tourists having a lovely day at the Capitol. Duplicitous dirtbags.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2023, 07:06:14 AM »

Tucker drew 3 to 4 million viewers a night. As noted here earlier, those were people seeking validation of their views, not people searching for a view.

So, please explain how that translates into influencing 20 to 30 million voters (15% to 20% of the electorate). And you seem to be suggesting undecided viewers. How did you arrive at this?

Since you said his show was a "brand of lying as gospel," you gave away the answer. You desperately need him as a bogeyman.

Question/warning. Fox News is collapsing, and what will replace them is Tucker as an even big kingmaker on another platform, be it streaming or another network. Newsmax, ONN, and/or Sinclair will take Fox News' place. In the end, nothing will change because there is a market for those seeking validation, and whatever platform their validators are on, they will find them.

---

Oh ... and here is a name that has not been mentioned yet ... the biggest kingmaker of them all. The name that is quickly becoming an empire ... Ben Shapiro.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 07:10:08 AM by Heisenberg v2.0 »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2023, 07:15:10 AM »
Tucker drew 3 to 4 million viewers a night. As noted here earlier, those were people seeking validation of their views, not people searching for a view.

So, please explain how that translates into influencing 20 to 30 million voters (15% to 20% of the electorate). And you seem to be suggesting undecided viewers. How did you arrive at this?

Since you said his show was a "brand of lying as gospel," you gave away the answer. You desperately need him as a bogeyman.

Question/warning. Fox News is collapsing, and what will replace them is Tucker as an even big kingmaker on another platform, be it streaming or another network. Newsmax, ONN, and/or Sinclair will take Fox News' place. In the end, nothing will change because there is a market for those seeking validation, and whatever platform their validators are on, they will find them.

---

Oh ... and here is a name that has not been mentioned yet ... the biggest kingmaker of them all. The name that is quickly becoming an empire ... Ben Shapiro.
It's kind of like when the US goes to other countries and takes out their ruler. Be careful what ends up filling that vacuum. It could be worse than what was there before.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2023, 07:50:51 AM »

---

Much of this scenario could end up being true -- democracy could be under an even bigger threat after Carlson brings his lies and white supremacy somewhere else, and/or Shapiro receives a bigger platform -- but I think you are "collapsing" Fox News a little too quickly. They've survived significant hits in the past, and it would hardly be surprising if they survive this.

Let's wait to see who replaces the "bogeyman" -- a word that suggests Tucker being a racist, lying scumbag was only a figment of others' imagination rather than a truth even Fox had to finally admit (when it conveniently made fiscal sense to do so) -- and see if he doesn't emerge as powerful or more than Carlson did after replacing O'Reilly.

Fox News is The Cockroach Network -- and likely to still be around spreading disease after the rest of us are gone.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2023, 08:25:57 AM »
[...]

I literally said TC would end up on the Daily Wire like a dozen posts ago.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2023, 08:41:01 AM »

---

I think the argument that was made is that while he drew 3 - 4 million viewers a night, it was the clip industrial complex that reached more people.  A lot of people won't admit that they sat down and watched an hour of Tucker Carlson each night, but I can promise you they saw clips of him shared on facebook, twitter, tiktok, etc.

Do not underestimate the power that a short well edited clip can have on the average American.  Especially if you see those type of clips every day.  That is the true influence.  Two minutes before bed?  While on break at work?  On the chitter?  That is when people consume social media... and the algorithms learn tendencies and push people into boxes and feed them content to keep their eyes and minds.

As you mentioned (I did as well) Ben Shapiro (and to lesser degrees, others) do this extremely well. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2023, 09:35:14 AM »
I think the argument that was made is that while he drew 3 - 4 million viewers a night, it was the clip industrial complex that reached more people.  A lot of people won't admit that they sat down and watched an hour of Tucker Carlson each night, but I can promise you they saw clips of him shared on facebook, twitter, tiktok, etc.

Do not underestimate the power that a short well edited clip can have on the average American.  Especially if you see those type of clips every day.  That is the true influence.  Two minutes before bed?  While on break at work?  On the chitter?  That is when people consume social media... and the algorithms learn tendencies and push people into boxes and feed them content to keep their eyes and minds.

As you mentioned (I did as well) Ben Shapiro (and to lesser degrees, others) do this extremely well.

Are there any Democrats in the TV or print media that manipulate the minds of the average American or is it just Tucker Carlson and Fox News? 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2023, 10:05:11 AM »
Are there any Democrats in the TV or print media that manipulate the minds of the average American or is it just Tucker Carlson and Fox News?

Isnt that the "Main Stream Media" everyone is always yelling about?